Anybody else has noticed it on their device?
    I have the K1, BBB100-7/ Android security patch level November 5, 2018/ Build number ABJ879.

I'm not sure when this exactly started happening, but I think it's at least since two weeks now.

I open the Google Play store > My apps & games > and see a couple apps that have been auto-updated even though auto update has been turned off via settings > Auto-update apps > Don't auto-update apps. It's an all or nothing option, so no room for individual apps "to do what they please".

What could cause it? Is it a Google play store bug/ or BlackBerry specific issue ATM?
    For those apps that get auto-updated, I also don't get the notification banner any longer saying that there are updates. That's why I ask if it could be a BlackBerry bug.
    11-25-18 01:15 PM
    Anybody else has noticed it on their device?
    I have the K1, BBB100-7/ Android security patch level November 5, 2018/ Build number ABJ879.

I'm not sure when this exactly started happening, but I think it's at least since two weeks now.

I open the Google Play store > My apps & games > and see a couple apps that have been auto-updated even though auto update has been turned off via settings > Auto-update apps > Don't auto-update apps. It's an all or nothing option, so no room for individual apps "to do what they please".

What could cause it? Is it a Google play store bug/ or BlackBerry specific issue ATM?
    For those apps that get auto-updated, I also don't get the notification banner any longer saying that there are updates. That's why I ask if it could be a BlackBerry bug.
    Apparently there is a bug with Play Store:

/android-apps-f444/google-play-app-updates-out-sync-dates-1159629/
    11-25-18 01:54 PM
    The forum is too scattered to figure out where info could be found and the search machine is one of the worst I know, so thanks for the heads-up.
    It seems that the issue is less frequent. However, it is still happening. Yesterday, "Speedtest by Ookla" and "Video Player All Format - XPlayer" updated without permission.
    Last edited by WT44; 12-02-18 at 03:02 PM.
    12-02-18 11:52 AM
    I have the same phone with the same issue, apps updating themselves, even though I have that feature turned off.

Bla1ze posted an article about a month ago about an auto updater API. Maybe this is the issue.

Google introduces In-app Updates API that allows Android apps to update while you're using them https://www.crackberry.com/android-a...ure-using-them
    12-08-18 02:12 AM
    I have the same phone with the same issue, apps updating themselves, even though I have that feature turned off.

Bla1ze posted an article about a month ago about an auto updater API. Maybe this is the issue.

Google introduces In-app Updates API that allows Android apps to update while you're using them https://www.crackberry.com/android-a...ure-using-them
    Thanks for the info. I didn't know about it.
    However, I don't think this is the problem.
    Apps like Firefox, Chrome, Speaker boost, updated yesterday although I haven't used them for almost a year.

I can't imagine that this new in-app auto-update feature would simply overrule your auto-update setting within Google Play Store.
    12-09-18 04:40 AM
    Hi

Have the same issue. Funny thing: after enabling "auto-update via wifi only" in the playstore settings, i can/have to update the apps manually as before...
    12-11-18 02:02 AM