Has anyone found a reliable app in Google Play similar to File Vault? I had that one from BBW (created by Alex Hu) on my Z10 and Z30 and it worked perfectly. Even when the phone/SD card was connected to a computer, the files remained hidden unless the app was first unlocked with the password.

Since Android doesn't have a native file manager, for my new DTEK60 I've downloaded ES File Explorer Pro and that app allows files to be hidden, but even after they're hidden in that app, pictures and documents are still able to be accessed through other apps (Google photos, for example). Sort of defeats the purpose. There is an app called Filevault in Google Play, it is a different creator than the one in BBW. So I'm just wondering if anyone has found a good one that does what it's supposed to. Thanks.
    01-04-17 11:40 PM
    Has anyone found a reliable app in Google Play similar to File Vault? I had that one from BBW (created by Alex Hu) on my Z10 and Z30 and it worked perfectly. Even when the phone/SD card was connected to a computer, the files remained hidden unless the app was first unlocked with the password.

Since Android doesn't have a native file manager, for my new DTEK60 I've downloaded ES File Explorer Pro and that app allows files to be hidden, but even after they're hidden in that app, pictures and documents are still able to be accessed through other apps (Google photos, for example). Sort of defeats the purpose. There is an app called Filevault in Google Play, it is a different creator than the one in BBW. So I'm just wondering if anyone has found a good one that does what it's supposed to. Thanks.
    I wouldn't use ES if you're trying to keep things hidden. Try Solid Explorer or MiXplorer. Both have a hidden files setting, plus MiXplorer has the lock file function you request. Solid doesn't lock files on device but has the ability to lock network and cloud storage.
    01-05-17 12:43 AM

ASUS File Manager
    it's FREE and features of PIN-protected File vault to hide files and it does hide it from other apps as well. It also supports OneDrive and Google Drive without the need of having the apps installed on the phone (however, dropbox needs to be installed to use it on there). It also supports Dark Theme, and customized views like "recent files" "large files" "games" etc etc..

Best file manager i've used yet! and even android central's list of best file managers says it's overall the best as well!
    01-12-17 03:05 PM
    ASUS File Manager
    it's FREE and features of PIN-protected File vault to hide files and it does hide it from other apps as well. It also supports OneDrive and Google Drive without the need of having the apps installed on the phone (however, dropbox needs to be installed to use it on there). It also supports Dark Theme, and customized views like "recent files" "large files" "games" etc etc..

Best file manager i've used yet! and even android central's list of best file managers says it's overall the best as well!
    Thanks for the recommendation. I installed it and it works great!
    supertom likes this.
    01-13-17 08:56 AM
    ASUS File Manager

BB should try and license ASUS FM, tweak so it matches the other built in apps and call it a day as the native file manager.
    supertom likes this.
    01-13-17 09:55 AM
    I too like the Asus file manager. Great app.
    01-13-17 03:12 PM
    One could take an alternate route for encryption of files instead of a file / photo manager's solution, like OpenKeychain for PGP, or EDS for VeraCrypt/similar.
    01-14-17 02:41 AM