My k1 keyboard often doesn't register flicking up input at mid column .

I have used passport and priv before this k1, so I'm very used to doing it.so I know that the way I m doing works perfectly fine with other blackberry phones.

But unlike other bb with same capative keyboard, this k1 do not take flicking up at mid maybe 1 out of 3 times. Both end sides of keyboard never miss it though.

Anyone else is experiencing the same? I tried to flick slowly, with more surface of my thumb as well, and it seems to be helpful than just fast swiping up with rushed typing.

I can still live with it, but it is annoying . And I want to make sure that it isn't due to faulty unit.

Is there any tip to make it better? It seems that it gets worse especially when I flick up the keyboard fast, right at the center of the keyboard, and with smaller surface of the finger.
    06-04-17 08:05 PM
    I hope BlackBerry resolves this issue. I believe it's the same on all KEYone's. It is sometimes a pain.
    06-04-17 08:33 PM
    My k1 keyboard often doesn't register flicking up input at mid column .

I have used passport and priv before this k1, so I'm very used to doing it.so I know that the way I m doing works perfectly fine with other blackberry phones.

But unlike other bb with same capative keyboard, this k1 do not take flicking up at mid maybe 1 out of 3 times. Both end sides of keyboard never miss it though.

Anyone else is experiencing the same? I tried to flick slowly, with more surface of my thumb as well, and it seems to be helpful than just fast swiping up with rushed typing.

I can still live with it, but it is annoying . And I want to make sure that it isn't due to faulty unit.

Is there any tip to make it better? It seems that it gets worse especially when I flick up the keyboard fast, right at the center of the keyboard, and with smaller surface of the finger.
    Not only am i having this problem, as well, it goes one step further....

If i use the keyboard for scrolling - webpages, contacts, hub, etc. - when i do a quick swipe up on the keyboard (v to t), the screen will very smoothly scroll down and come to a nice stop. When i scroll the other way (t to v), the screen jerks up a tiny bit at a time. No matter how hard i try, i'm unable to get that smooth scroll.

It isn't super annoying for me, because i prefer to just use the screen, but still not a good experience.
    06-05-17 12:58 AM
    Not only am i having this problem, as well, it goes one step further....

If i use the keyboard for scrolling - webpages, contacts, hub, etc. - when i do a quick swipe up on the keyboard (v to t), the screen will very smoothly scroll down and come to a nice stop. When i scroll the other way (t to v), the screen jerks up a tiny bit at a time. No matter how hard i try, i'm unable to get that smooth scroll.

It isn't super annoying for me, because i prefer to just use the screen, but still not a good experience.
    Yes that's already been a known issue with the scrolling in portrait. Who knows why or if it can even be fixed.

Doesn't make sense it wasn't like this on the PRIV but now they have problem on the keyone.
    06-05-17 08:16 AM
    I have same issue, especially when I flick up with right thumb.
    06-05-17 08:18 AM
    My findings here. Yes, it does registered better when I swipe up with my left finger. Lol.

And I can confirm that if I swipe(flick) up right at the center and between t and y column, it does not register the swipe. And I actually have to swipe up slightly side to the exact mid.

I guess my right thumb is super accurate to get the center while my lefty is kinda clumsy to do so. Hence, better result with my left thumbs.

OK, at least now I know how to swipe better for now until it gets fixed. SWIPE UP not on the exact center of the keyboard.
    06-05-17 09:27 AM
    Having used all the devices with swipe up features, passport, PRIV and KEYone I find out that swipe up is a bit different on every device.
    It's just a matter to get used , after few days it has been fine for me.
    Same for the scrolling using the capacitive keyboard.
    More on the KEYone the bottom row of the keyboard is not capacitive which makes it a bit more difficult .
    06-05-17 06:55 PM
    This is absolutely right. The keyboard of the passport is definitely better in flicking. Bit annoying as I always flick the words in my passport.

They should have made it at the same quality of the passport keyboard. I don't know but the k1's keyboard feels a little cheap.....
    06-10-17 11:26 AM
    Yes it's a known issue. Not only that, at times the flick from the middle selects the left or right side predicted words if not accurate.

Over the period of time, I have now got better with my flicking on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ. I have found the sweet spot however its not as good as that of the Passport.

Ps: I specifically swiped up white typing this message from the middle and got almost 100% accuracy. Guess when you're used to it, it's not that big of a problem. Scrolling in portrait is still not as fluent as Passport.
    06-10-17 03:23 PM
    Yes it's a known issue. Not only that, at times the flick from the middle selects the left or right side predicted words if not accurate.
    I find this issue ever since they added the hamburger menu to the bar it shifts all the words slightly to the right because I always flick in the middle of the keyboard instead of right at the words it sometimes selects the wrong word.

I find flicking on the PRIV better. I too have the issue with flicking on the KEYone and the word not registering on the first flick.
    11-01-17 06:24 PM
    and here I thought my KEYone is defective.
    11-02-17 10:06 AM