I'm not sure what's going on. I transferred images from my phone to my PC as a backup and now they're all just plain white icons. They can't be opened by any software on my phone or PC. Any idea what that could be? I've never had this problem before.
    05-20-17 11:48 AM
    If they are encrypted then you'll have to decrypt them on the phone before you move them.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-17 12:35 PM
    Well that's what I'm asking. I'm not sure if that's what's happened. If so, how would I decrypt them? I never encrypted them in the first place.
    05-20-17 01:37 PM
    Does the original file still open on your phone?

And does this happen if you copy files to another computer?
    05-20-17 04:51 PM
    I figured out what happened. Solid Explorer is to blame. It has a horrible batch rename feature that, when I renamed a group of files, wiped them of their file extensions. I'm not sure how to fix this now.
    05-21-17 12:19 AM
    I figured out what happened. Solid Explorer is to blame. It has a horrible batch rename feature that, when I renamed a group of files, wiped them of their file extensions. I'm not sure how to fix this now.
    If they're just images: Introduction - Bulk Rename Utility

Set the Extension box (11) to Extra and jpg, that should re-add the extension.
    05-21-17 12:59 AM
    If they're just images: Introduction - Bulk Rename Utility

Set the Extension box (11) to Extra and jpg, that should re-add the extension.
    Thanks. I'm aware of that software. It's great. Guess I don't have much choice other than to go that route. I'm just worried about images that weren't JPEG possibly getting ruined by taking on that extension.

Thanks though.
    05-21-17 01:36 AM
    Thanks. I'm aware of that software. It's great. Guess I don't have much choice other than to go that route. I'm just worried about images that weren't JPEG possibly getting ruined by taking on that extension.

Thanks though.
    It really should be .jpg (camera) or maybe .png (screen capture), but you can always check.
    05-21-17 02:50 AM