Keyone is 14 days old. Today the ear piece stopped working. Cannot hear anybody unless put on speaker. They can hear me fine. Have factory data reset. How do I hard reset?
    Last edited by RebeccaBatts; 06-08-17 at 02:52 PM.
    06-08-17 12:31 AM
    Ketone is 14 days old. Today the ear piece stopped working. Cannot hear anybody unless put on speaker. They can hear me fine. Have factory data reset. How do I hard reset?
    Is this with an earpiece using the headphone jack or with the phone's mic?

I have the exact same problem when plugging in headphones.
    06-08-17 10:19 AM
    This wasn't with headphones in. The earpiece suddenly stopped working. After two hard resets and a factory data reset it spontaneously came right 6 hours later. Slightly concerned that I have a dud!
    06-08-17 02:52 PM
    This wasn't with headphones in. The earpiece suddenly stopped working. After two hard resets and a factory data reset it spontaneously came right 6 hours later. Slightly concerned that I have a dud!
    If it happens again you might! I suggest reporting it.
    06-09-17 05:16 PM
    I was on a call today with 611 and mid way through the call.... I experienced muffle/static/under water/dying earpiece etc. Type of sound I've never experienced before. I'll make a few more calls to see if that's hardware issues
    06-12-17 04:44 PM
    Warranty
    06-12-17 06:26 PM
    Hi everyone. I have the same issue with my keyone that i'm using less than one month.The earpiece stop working. I already make two factory reset. How can I do the hard reset ? Thanks for your support.
    07-27-17 07:02 PM
    same problem here. bought from Bell Mobility.

do I warranty through them or bb mobile?
    08-17-17 09:23 PM
    same problem here. bought from Bell Mobility.

do I warranty through them or bb mobile?
    You can try your carrier but might have to go to BB Mobile.

Good luck
    08-18-17 12:42 AM
    I called Blackberry Mobile warranty department and they gave me an email telling me how to do a diagnostic test on the key one

Dial *#2886# - select MANU - click on the Audio option - put the phone to your ear and you should hear a voice.*

so, I have an ever so slight faint noise.

I have not done the factory reset yet, as I need this device for more than just phone and don't have time to get it all setup again
    08-20-17 09:52 AM
    CAUTION

Running the above process will result in DTEK finding the OS has been compromised. A 32 second power off will NOT fix that issue. And I ran Dtek just before this procedure and there were no problems.
    08-20-17 10:49 AM
    I am just posting here to help out others that may be in the same situation. I am on my 2nd KEYone, the first one I had to warranty for earpiece failure after around a year. The 2nd one worked for 4 months and then yesterday I lost all earpiece sound (still works fine over speaker or bluetooth). I tried the factory resets in both cases and it had no effect. I am no longer under warranty now so I decided to "give it a good whack" and see what would happen. I called my voicemail just to have something making noise and then I used the palm of one hand to whack the top of the phone (right where the earpiece is) while holding the bottom of the phone in the other hand. After 3 solid whacks it came back to life and is working fine. I am sure it will fail again and I will probably need to open it up and secure/solder something, but that may get you out of a jam or maybe I just got insanely lucky. Now I just wish I did this before the factory reset. Good luck!
    Ahmed001 likes this.
    12-20-18 05:08 PM
    This worked. Thanks!
    12-30-18 05:07 AM
    I lost earpiece sound on calls suddenly, and media would play via my wireless earphones only not my speakers. smacking the phone didn't work, but cleaning out the headphone jack with a dry q-tip and then inserting a pair of wired headphones fixed the issue.
    12-15-20 05:27 PM