Can anybody help with this: I've set up a new KeyOne and I'm being frustrated by double entries.

I don't have any social media apps on the phone, and data for BlackBerry contacts and the Blackberry calendar come from a single source.

However, I'm still seeing duplicates that are locked and cannot be removed as shown in the image below.

I'm using a Google account only.

Any advice?
    Attached Thumbnails Duplicate birthday entries - help-707780473.jpg  
    06-05-17 05:14 AM
    Looks like 2 separate accounts since they each have a different color.
    06-07-17 09:07 PM
    I have this same problem. Originally I thought it originated when I transferred some data over using the BlackBerry Content Transfer app.

For other reasons, I reloaded the OS but the problem persists. Despite not transferring anything the 2nd time around.

I unselected the yellow Contacts option but beyond that, I'm at a loss as to how to fix it.
    06-07-17 09:31 PM
    Can anybody help with this: I've set up a new KeyOne and I'm being frustrated by double entries.

I don't have any social media apps on the phone, and data for BlackBerry contacts and the Blackberry calendar come from a single source.

However, I'm still seeing duplicates that are locked and cannot be removed as shown in the image below.

I'm using a Google account only.

Any advice?
    I have the same issue and like you don't use any social media apps and all my information is tied to one Google account. I find it annoying and I live with it but it would be nice to only have the one birthday notification.

At least I know I'm not the only one who experiences this... 😉

Bob
    06-09-17 11:06 AM
    I think I've figured it out.

On my computer: I have birthdays in my Google account contacts. these are added as a separate (green label) calendar to my main Google calendar.

Then BB contacts syncs with Google contacts picking up the birthdays and adds them to the BB calendar correctly with the green birthday label assigned.

But then BB calendar syncs with Google calender and sees the birthdays as an event and adds them again but with a yellow label which is my event colour.

So under the Google calendar settings I've de-selected birthdays from showing in the Google calendar. So now the Blackberry calender is only picking up birthdays from the synced BB contacts, not also from the Google calendar.

I hope this makes sense.
    gizmo21 likes this.
    06-09-17 12:31 PM
    It made sense till half of the post
    No really it is that way and the bad thing is you can't deactivate BlackBerry birthday creation if you don't need it.
    06-09-17 02:45 PM