@BB_RobertL

Hi Robert. Since you are the community's contact here regarding the DTEK app, I thought I might ask you about previous comments the former Chief Security Officer of BlackBerry made about the modernization of DTEK with machine learning to compliment its static code analyzer.

https://blogs.blackberry.com/en/2016...re-development

With mobile threats getting increasingly common and stock Android's weaknesses becoming ever more apparent, it only makes sense that the BlackBerry DTEK team get access to the machine learning technology that BlackBerry has, either through BlackBerry CHASE or BlackBerry Cylance. It seems that every new month brings another significant Android vulnerability (ie. StrandHogg). Device patching is now having a tough time keeping up for a plethora of reasons which are too numerous to state here. It only makes sense that the leader of Security in mobile, BlackBerry, keeps its current DTEK technology capable of dealing with the onslaught of security challenges. Anything less will simply show that BlackBerry relies on name and not performance when it comes to devices that bear the BlackBerry name and logo.
    @chetmanley @bb10adopter111
    chetmanley likes this.
    12-03-19 04:43 PM
    @BB_RobertL

Hi Robert. Since you are the community's contact here regarding the DTEK app, I thought I might ask you about previous comments the former Chief Security Officer of BlackBerry made about the modernization of DTEK with machine learning to compliment its static code analyzer.

https://blogs.blackberry.com/en/2016...re-development

With mobile threats getting increasingly common and stock Android's weaknesses becoming ever more apparent, it only makes sense that the BlackBerry DTEK team get access to the machine learning technology that BlackBerry has, either through BlackBerry CHASE or BlackBerry Cylance. It seems that every new month brings another significant Android vulnerability (ie. StrandHogg). Device patching is now having a tough time keeping up for a plethora of reasons which are too numerous to state here. It only makes sense that the leader of Security in mobile, BlackBerry, keeps its current DTEK technology capable of dealing with the onslaught of security challenges. Anything less will simply show that BlackBerry relies on name and not performance when it comes to devices that bear the BlackBerry name and logo.
    @chetmanley @bb10adopter111
    Are the BlackBerry employees around here anymore? Even @LiamQ seems to be MIA recently..

Seriously hope everyone’s ok...
    Jake2826 likes this.
    12-03-19 04:49 PM