My employer has just went the MDM route. I setup my Verizon KEYone as recommended. Many of the basic apps required to run the phone now also show up in duplicate as secure (dialer, camera, Keyboard, etc) including some BlackBerry specific apps such as Contacts. However, I can not use the secure Contacts app because BlackBerry Hub+ Services did not duplicate with a secure version.

Is this normal for these phones when using MDM?
    03-13-19 09:41 PM
    My employer has just went the MDM route. I setup my Verizon KEYone as recommended. Many of the basic apps required to run the phone now also show up in duplicate as secure (dialer, camera, Keyboard, etc) including some BlackBerry specific apps such as Contacts. However, I can not use the secure Contacts app because BlackBerry Hub+ Services did not duplicate with a secure version.

Is this normal for these phones when using MDM?
    Which MDM?

Some it works with, others it does not... as some are setup only for either their own apps or the most common ones (Google, Samsung).

Generally if you do a search for the MDM name here, you'll find out if others were able to get it to work or not.
    03-14-19 07:25 AM
    Which MDM?

Some it works with, others it does not... as some are setup only for either their own apps or the most common ones (Google, Samsung).

Generally if you do a search for the MDM name here, you'll find out if others were able to get it to work or not.
    It is AirWatch from VMware.
    03-14-19 07:47 AM
    It is up to your IT to configure the appropriate configuration for the device and approved apps. Some of us are friendlier than others. Sadly many just choose the lowest common denominator for approval which on android is usual the gmail Client, or samsung mail if only samsung are their target.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    03-15-19 01:41 PM
    It is up to your IT to configure the appropriate configuration for the device and approved apps. Some of us are friendlier than others. Sadly many just choose the lowest common denominator for approval which on android is usual the gmail Client, or samsung mail if only samsung are their target.
    Thanks. It is really making me question whether to bother using the Hub and associated BlackBerry apps. It is a huge pain to have everything in two places. That being said, I am not sure I want all my personal stuff (email, calendar, etc) on the work side and available to my employer.

The biggest issue for me has been my contacts. I had managed all of those (personal and professional) in my work Outlook. But now, the rest of the phone can no longer see them which sucks for the dialer, texting, my other email accounts, etc. I did export them to load into my personal outlook.com account, but the formatting is all messed up even after opening the file in excel and resaving as unicode-8.

Ugh, what a pain!
    03-15-19 01:49 PM
    AirWatch is compatible... you'll have to get with IT to adjust their company policy to allow the HUB+ client. It probable showed up as something new and was quarantined awaiting their action.... if you nudge them, they might enable it.

Or they might tell you that you have to use an already approved application...
    03-15-19 01:52 PM
    Well I may have gotten ahead of myself as far as Contacts. I didn't realize that the non-work side of the phone pulls up Contacts from the work side! I assumed it was all sequestered!
    03-15-19 01:58 PM