Hello everybody,

has someone found a way to disable the LED using a macro oder some kind of a widget? I don't want to go into the settings every time.
    But I think there is not much hope, because you might need root-access to change the LED settings outside of the settings-app. I wrote a macro in macrodroid to disable the LED while the phone is charging but that didn't work at all...
    Any ideas? It is really annoying to have a blinking LED every night. And flipping the phone is not an option, because I use it as a clock.

Thank you
    Cheers
    Jan
    05-30-17 03:23 PM
    Uhm...do not disturb mode. Alarms only...
    falbo likes this.
    05-30-17 04:09 PM
    Maybe I do something wrong, but the DND mode does not work for me. If I enable DND and get a call, DND is disabled afterwards.

And if use the app "Sound Profile" the DND mode stays enabled even after a call, but the LED keeps flashing.

I have disabled all sliders in the DND settings including any calls and notifications.

There are many apps out there which pretend to change the LED status, but none of the worked on my DTEK50. So am I right, that changing the LED with a third party app requires root?
    05-31-17 04:10 AM
    How are you setting it, Total Silence, Alarms Only, or Priority Only? I have always set it for Alarms Only, and it has always worked, with the stock settings. I have used Priority Only with success as well.
    05-31-17 01:26 PM

These are my settings, but I still get an LED. And it doesn't matter if I'm using total silence, alarms only or priority only!
    05-31-17 03:40 PM
    I have also had the same issue from day 1. stock OS, beta OS, clean reload/no restore.
    always same 2 issues.
    1. LED blinks in DND mode (have to use 3rd party app to fix)
    2. when DND is disabled (manual or timed event) the phone stays in silent. have to press volume up twice to return to original state prior to DND.
    06-06-17 03:56 PM
    Which 3rd party app did you use?
    06-06-17 05:23 PM
    Which 3rd party app did you use?
    Night Mode. Set schedule to match dnd schedule.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...udios.modenuit
    06-07-17 05:57 AM
    Well, I do not use DND directly, I use the app "Sound Profile" where I created a nightmode widget on the homescreen, which launches a nightclock and sets the phone into a "custom" sound profile.
    Unfortunately "Sound Profile" is not able to control the LED.
    But it is good to know, that there are apps out there, which can control the LED settings.
    I'm currently using "Power Toggle" to switch off the LED. But that is a bit of a pain, because the widget does not enable/disable the LED directly, it just opens the notification settings of android, where I have to enable/disable the LED settings manually.

Any other suggestions on disabling the LED with one click/one widget?
    06-07-17 06:39 AM
    Well, I do not use DND directly, I use the app "Sound Profile" where I created a nightmode widget on the homescreen, which launches a nightclock and sets the phone into a "custom" sound profile.
    Unfortunately "Sound Profile" is not able to control the LED.
    But it is good to know, that there are apps out there, which can control the LED settings.
    I'm currently using "Power Toggle" to switch off the LED. But that is a bit of a pain, because the widget does not enable/disable the LED directly, it just opens the notification settings of android, where I have to enable/disable the LED settings manually.

Any other suggestions on disabling the LED with one click/one widget?
    So, you are using a third party app to access a feature that I use successfully without a third party app, and you are trying to blame the built in feature? Dump the app, and try to use the built in feature. Honestly, I have never had an issue with DND and the LED. I never have the LED come on while DND is activated, nor have I ever.
    06-07-17 11:55 AM
    So, you are using a third party app to access a feature that I use successfully without a third party app, and you are trying to blame the built in feature? Dump the app, and try to use the built in feature. Honestly, I have never had an issue with DND and the LED. I never have the LED come on while DND is activated, nor have I ever.
    This is a known issue amongst many dtek50 users. Some have issues with the led & dnd, others do not.
    Noone has been able to solve why it's certain devices but not all. Since I was on OS beta at one point this was a big I reported every build. Even every security update. Still nothing.
    This is why some of us "need" to resort to 3rd party apps.
    06-08-17 04:59 PM
    This is a known issue amongst many dtek50 users. Some have issues with the led & dnd, others do not.
    Noone has been able to solve why it's certain devices but not all. Since I was on OS beta at one point this was a big I reported every build. Even every security update. Still nothing.
    This is why some of us "need" to resort to 3rd party apps.
    Does the DTEK 60 do it as well, or just the 50?
    06-08-17 05:16 PM
    Does the DTEK 60 do it as well, or just the 50?
    I only "know" of the 50 doing it but anything is possible. I have even tried a fresh reload and immediately testing without updating, Configuring or installing anything. Still had the issue.
    PHughes likes this.
    06-08-17 05:18 PM
    Yes, you are right, both of my DTEK50s seem to have a problem with the LED in DND. So I am still interested in any workaround!
    06-09-17 03:55 PM
    I just bought a DTEK60 because I was curious about the LED and DND. And it works flawlessly on that device. So it seems like a DTEK50-Only problem.
    06-10-17 01:37 AM
    I just bought a DTEK60 because I was curious about the LED and DND. And it works flawlessly on that device. So it seems like a DTEK50-Only problem.
    Must be nice to have enough money to just buy a dtek60 just for the heck of it.
    It doesn't seem to affect all dtek50 either. I wonder if it's a certain supplier or serial number batch.
    Only work around I have is the app I posted in here a few days ago. Match it's schedule with dnd schedule and they work together.
    06-10-17 06:23 AM
    Must be nice to have enough money to just buy a dtek60 just for the heck of it.
    It doesn't seem to affect all dtek50 either. I wonder if it's a certain supplier or serial number batch.
    Only work around I have is the app I posted in here a few days ago. Match it's schedule with dnd schedule and they work together.
    I am currently on my way from BB10 to Android so I am giving every BB android device a try. In the end, I will sell all devices again, except for the device which fits my needs best!
    So don't worry, I have not enough money to buy all the devices I want at once

The DTEK60 fixes most of the issues I have with DTEK50, including the LED crap. So the 60 is my current favourite even if I consider its pricetag.
    06-10-17 06:43 AM
    I am currently on my way from BB10 to Android so I am giving every BB android device a try. In the end, I will sell all devices again, except for the device which fits my needs best!
    So don't worry, I have not enough money to buy all the devices I want at once

The DTEK60 fixes most of the issues I have with DTEK50, including the LED crap. So the 60 is my current favourite even if I consider its pricetag.
    Dtek60 also has coloured led. I would love the dtek60 but it didn't fit my budget at the time. So went with the dtek50
    06-10-17 06:45 AM
    Dtek60 also has coloured led...
    Well, that is not really true. It has a red LED instead of the white one. But that's it, only red!
    And the LED is really weak in comparison to the DTEK50 and BB10 devices. This LED is one of the downsides of the DTEK60, because you only notice it, when you look directly on your device.
    06-10-17 07:06 AM
    Well, that is not really true. It has a red LED instead of the white one. But that's it, only red!
    And the LED is really weak in comparison to the DTEK50 and BB10 devices. This LED is one of the downsides of the DTEK60, because you only notice it, when you look directly on your device.
    Boo
    06-10-17 07:07 AM
    Yep, that's what I thought after receiving my first notifications as well
    06-10-17 07:18 AM
    Yep, that's what I thought after receiving my first notifications as well
    And in the app settings - notifications - led ... if you choose another colour it ignores the change?
    06-10-17 07:24 AM
    Nothing!
    It's a red LED, no app or workaround can change something on this fact.
    Phones with an RGB (all colors possible) LED have a slightly different wiring inside and since the DTEKs are just labeled Alcatel devices, BlackBerry (TCL) was not able to change the LED cost-effectively. Whereas the Priv and Keyone are completely new phones, where the wiring for a RGB LED was engineered right in the beginning of developing the device.
    06-10-17 07:36 AM
    I opened a ticket with BlackBerry and this is the response I just got:

Our highest tier has reproduced the issue and we have sent the escalation to our development team to hopefully get this fixed by the next biggest update. At the moment unfortunately we do not have a solution but it is in our agenda to get this fixed.
    06-14-17 02:45 PM