Hi all,

Yesterday, there was a bunch of updates to the Hub and BlackBerry Launcher. Sometime after that, I started having problems with Bluetooth, couldn't connect my DTEK50 to my watch or Satnav.

It would give an error message of "incorrect pin or password" .

This morning there was another update to the Launcher; I installed it, rebooted, and can now connect to my watch.

Anyone else had Bluetooth problems?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for um, Android
    06-30-17 05:33 PM
    Sounds like they broke it.......then fixed it....but I dunno how a launcher or Hub update would tie into the core Android functions such as Bluetooth. Had it been a system update, I could see it, but non-related apps, hmm..
    06-30-17 06:25 PM
    Sounds like they broke it.......then fixed it....but I dunno how a launcher or Hub update would tie into the core Android functions such as Bluetooth. Had it been a system update, I could see it, but non-related apps, hmm..
    Are you really surprised that TCL would manage to bumble that up?

But actually there seems to be an odd link between launchers and Bluetooth functionality.

I've seen a laggy device not being able to launch Bluetooth from quick settings, having to go to settings to do it.

And I believe that it was either Nova or another popular launcher that caused some issues with Bluetooth until it got an update.

Also some different devices have needed launcher updates to fix Bluetooth issues.

All that being said, Nougat has terrible Bluetooth management, it's just broken in several ways, and that's one of the few things that some OEMs have actually fixed income their skins.

Just look at the Bluetooth issues in the Pixel for comparison.
    06-30-17 06:57 PM
    No Bluetooth problems before or after updating apps. Connects to my car and watch with no issues. Last set of updates were yesterday for launcher and keyboard.
    07-01-17 02:26 AM