10-01-17 06:45 AM
33 12
tools
    So, when you wipe the phone the card gets wiped too?
    Yes... if it's adoptable storage.
    09-11-17 04:24 PM
    OK just checking, I assume that when you remove the card it can be formatted for normal use? Just thinking I have had this card running as adopted storage for two years, maybe next time I'll put a new card in as it must have been wrote to many, many times by now.
    I find the combination I use as listed above makes wiping a phone relatively trouble free. First thing I do is import my password keeper file. Login to my outlook account, one drive, Gmail and Dropbox and the phone is pretty much back to where I want other than apps.
    09-11-17 04:29 PM
    OK just checking, I assume that when you remove the card it can be formatted for normal use? Just thinking I have had this card running as adopted storage for two years, maybe next time I'll put a new card in as it must have been wrote to many, many times by now.
    I find the combination I use as listed above makes wiping a phone relatively trouble free. First thing I do is import my password keeper file. Login to my outlook account, one drive, Gmail and Dropbox and the phone is pretty much back to where I want other than apps.
    Ironically one thing you can never get back is BBM chat history... because the "Save chat history" within BBM doesn't work.
    09-11-17 07:09 PM
    I would of never guessed bb/tcl wouldn't have made this an option. Being able to encrypt my SD card is a MUST. I carry some very important docs in my phone and if I ever lose it or missed placed it someone can just pop out my sd card have access to all my files.

Complete Fail Blackberry!
    09-17-17 08:04 AM
    Dear BlackBerry,

Please give us the option to encrypt the SD-Card separately.
    09-17-17 03:43 PM
    Dear BlackBerry,

Please give us the option to encrypt the SD-Card separately.
    Sadly, johnny doesn't give a rip.

He stated clearly that BlackBerry would only go Android if it could be secured.

He lied.
    09-28-17 02:40 AM
    Sadly, johnny doesn't give a rip.

He stated clearly that BlackBerry would only go Android if it could be secured.

He lied.
    It's not a security issue, as BlackBerry UEM can lock out portable storage.

Chen is hardly involved in the feature list of BlackBerry Android software anyway. He's too busy making BlackBerry profitable. See today's results - record gross margin, 34% increase on software revenues with 79% of that recurring.

You also can't ignore the partnerships with Delphi, Ford, and Fleet Complete. These are big wins.
    Last edited by conite; 09-28-17 at 08:07 AM.
    09-28-17 07:48 AM
    Just throwing this in: Has anybody tried to partition a MicroSD card? With other Androids, you can make 2 partitions on the SD card and use one as adoptable storage and the other one as portable storage. But I never tried it on my KEYone as I'm happy with putting everything confidential on the internal storage and using the SD card as portable storage.
    10-01-17 06:45 AM
33 12