Can it access Google assistant? I don't see it but the convenience key is better than pixel squeeze.
    10-24-17 01:17 AM
    Can it access Google assistant? I don't see it but the convenience key is better than pixel squeeze.
    Not tried but I guess u can download google assistant app and assign the convenience key to it.
    10-24-17 12:49 PM
    thank you. I don't see a separate app for google assistant or google now, only launchers which I presume would replace my BlackBerry launcher?
    10-24-17 01:19 PM
    If you have Nova Launcher on any of your other devices and install it on the KEYone but dont make it default (unless you want to), you can assign a "Nova Action" to the key and have it open Assistant.

However, I find it a little redundant as pressing and holding the home button opens it too. I find it redundant like having a camera shortcut when you can just double press the power key for it. So no point in wasting a shortcut that can be used for something else.
    10-24-17 06:34 PM
    thank you. I don't see a separate app for google assistant or google now, only launchers which I presume would replace my BlackBerry launcher?
    Google released the assistant app on play store.
    10-25-17 12:12 AM
    I don't find Google Assistant in my Play Store. Not sure why.
    10-25-17 12:18 AM
    If you have Nova Launcher on any of your other devices and install it on the KEYone but dont make it default (unless you want to), you can assign a "Nova Action" to the key and have it open Assistant.

However, I find it a little redundant as pressing and holding the home button opens it too. I find it redundant like having a camera shortcut when you can just double press the power key for it. So no point in wasting a shortcut that can be used for something else.
    Thanks. I might try this. True other options exist. But the convenience key is similar and maybe preferable to the squeeze action of the Pixel. I find that action handy because I hold my keyone in my left hand. I know it's a small thing but productivity often boils down to preferences!
    10-25-17 12:22 AM