Yikes - the way they did the Hub and the Launcher for their apps are taking up my RAM - ugh its like a skin/3rd party resource hog suite I would never use.

P.S. = this "Radio" app has used 149mb of DATA in the BACKGROUND and I can NOT disable it or deny it background data access WHAT the **** - it seems like it is moonlighting as something ELSE it reeks of spyware - if it is just a Radio app, I should be able to un-install it if I never want to use the RADIO

So it would appear that in order to use the Contact app you must have BlackBerry Hub+ services enabled and grant it ALL its permissions in order to go into a contact - I don't want to use the Hub for personal reasons - I thought Google had its own Contact app standalone

I've done all the tinkering I can do, to make my device feel as snappy as "I" want it to be. If they are going to force the BB experience they need to have it run in its OWN RAM dedicate 1GB or however much is needed in a secret partition so WE don't have to make compromises. The coding is off somewhere or how they designed their apps to run with Android is just not as efficient as its competitors so having a stronger SOC or more RAM would just cover this up.

I just find the average memory use could be reduced and made to run more efficient. I shouldn't have to have BlackBerry HUB+ services to access my contacts or any other core device features if I do NOT use the HUB - (I just restarted my device and I have it setup to where it requires a password to start & I just noticed I have entered it wrong now 3 times - but the X/10 has not reset itself and it still shows (3/10) so I wonder what happens I thought those counters reset after each boot?) - Developers at RIM should re work their apps so they have their own RAM we don't see I think it would be "baked" in better - but I shouldn't be forced to access my contacts only if I enable HUB+ access and permissions that I don't use !!!!!

If they wanted to use Android for apps fine, but really make it a custom OS then BAKE the HUB into the system so it can be fluid and natural like it was on BB10, where is your voice recorder app, etc. GIVE us the BB10 exxxpperrriiennceee LOL hahaha

*Note if you are using the Hub or feel your device isn't slower because of its use, that is great for you - no need to comment how using the Hub for you doesn't slow down "your" device etc.
    06-14-17 03:22 PM

*Note if you are using the Hub or feel your device isn't slower because of its use, that is great for you - no need to comment how using the Hub for you doesn't slow down "your" device etc.
    Maybe the Rapid Contact Search in the Settings of the BlackBerry Contact App is doing some background indexing?

The Radio app isn't listed in my usage screen. However, I did see that the Radio app is "Not optimized" under Battery optimization. You can tap that and change it. Might help? I don't see it running in the background in my history either.

:-) Your footnote prevents me from making any further comments, but I wonder if you could just install Google Contacts/GMail or Outlook and use those instead? That's all I have.
    06-14-17 04:13 PM
    Maybe the Rapid Contact Search in the Settings of the BlackBerry Contact App is doing some background indexing?

The Radio app isn't listed in my usage screen. However, I did see that the Radio app is "Not optimized" under Battery optimization. You can tap that and change it. Might help? I don't see it running in the background in my history either.

:-) Your footnote prevents me from making any further comments, but I wonder if you could just install Google Contacts/GMail or Outlook and use those instead? That's all I have.
    Hmmm... I don't want hub+ but they blocked Google contacts!!
    Attached Thumbnails "The Contact Doesn't Exist" & the Radio "App" Help-1925.jpg  
    06-15-17 03:07 AM
    your best bet is to grab the Google contacts through apk mirror. I actually do not like the recent updates to the app, as "favorites" were removed. I used version 1.4.9 and been happy. keep in mind, it's not going to get the updates.
    06-15-17 04:25 AM
    I found an .apk for Google - disabled hub+ and their contact app - now how to get rid of this radio app!!! omg
    06-15-17 07:35 AM