On BB10 I am using Cascarun, which is the best fitness app I have ever seen.

I know its called meerun on android/iPhone.

Looks like the developer has abandoned it.

Has anyone had any experience switching over from BB10 to Android with this app?

OR can anyone recommend a good, similar app for android?
    11-16-18 01:14 AM
    Whilst yes the developer does seem to have abandoned it, it does still run and it can import your cascarun history, which is the most compelling reason to use it if you have cascarun.
    11-16-18 01:51 AM
    Whilst yes the developer does seem to have abandoned it, it does still run and it can import your cascarun history, which is the most compelling reason to use it if you have cascarun.
    how do I export the history on my Passport... i think it has to be a PRO version? It's not sold anymore.... any way around this?
    11-16-18 12:56 PM
    You should be able to export on the free one, just not in GPX format, from the homepage click the overflow menu then export all, it should work with mrr format. You should probably export to a new folder because it will create a file for each workout. You would need MeeRun Pro to import it though.
    11-16-18 01:11 PM
    oh ok so as long as im going cascarun to meerun im good to go... well thats some good news.
    11-16-18 01:26 PM
    On BB10 I am using Cascarun, which is the best fitness app I have ever seen.

I know its called meerun on android/iPhone.

Looks like the developer has abandoned it.
    Great fitness app and yes, one of the best I've tried. I'm still using the pro/paid version.

It does appear Benoit has abandoned the app. I tried emailing him a while back to ask him a question but never received a response. He used to be very quick to respond...

Bob
    11-18-18 07:40 PM
    Great fitness app and yes, one of the best I've tried. I'm still using the pro/paid version.

It does appear Benoit has abandoned the app. I tried emailing him a while back to ask him a question but never received a response. He used to be very quick to respond...

Bob
    I've decided to go with Meerun on the Key2, and import from casca run on my passport, which is a free feature, if i keep it in their format.

I will pay for the Pro version in android so I can export everything should I need to go to another app. But if the app is still functional on android, I want to try and keep using it. I'm crossing my fingers he will come back to it.
    11-18-18 11:23 PM
    Still one of the very best fitness apps, IMHO. Our family used it with BB10, and also had Pro version with the PRIV, but now on Motion I only have the free version, so far. It very much works, though I noticed a few of the previously 'free' features have disappeared and, I assume or hope, are only available with the paid version. I still use it nearly every day, however, and it is great. I hope Benoit is presently just taking a nice holiday, and picks up the torch once again.
    11-25-18 07:17 PM
    Still one of the very best fitness apps, IMHO. Our family used it with BB10, and also had Pro version with the PRIV, but now on Motion I only have the free version, so far. It very much works, though I noticed a few of the previously 'free' features have disappeared and, I assume or hope, are only available with the paid version. I still use it nearly every day, however, and it is great. I hope Benoit is presently just taking a nice holiday, and picks up the torch once again.
    I hear you. I've decided to continue using it on Key2 when i switch over, and I'm hoping he just comes back and picks it up again.
    12-02-18 12:35 PM
    I hope Benoit is presently just taking a nice holiday, and picks up the torch once again.
    It's been well over a year since I've had any contact with Benoit. He was very responsive when I emailed if I was having an issue with his MeeRun App. My fear is he has moved on which would be a loss for sure.

Like others, I started with CascaRun Pro on BlackBerry OS 10 and then MeeRun Pro on my PRIV and now my KEY2. I've tried a number of other fitness apps but I haven't found one that works as well as CascaRun or MeeRun.

Bob
    Last edited by Bob80220; 12-02-18 at 02:41 PM.
    12-02-18 02:23 PM
    It's been well over a year since I've had any contact with Benoit. He was very responsive when I emailed if I was having an issue with his MeeRun App. My fear is he has moved on which would be a loss for sure.

Like others, I started with CascaRun Pro on BlackBerry OS 10 and then MeeRun Pro on my PRIV and now my KEY2. I've tried a number of other fitness apps but I haven't found one that works as well as CascaRun or MeeRun.

Bob
    I have also tried contacting him many many times.

What I am curious about is... why abandon it completely. I've even offered to buy it.

He has an app that has a following. He put time into it, makes some money off it. Why walk away and never say a word again. At least sell it. Someone will buy it.
    12-02-18 11:56 PM
    MeeRun is still showing in the Google PlayStore but I have no idea if you can still purchase MeeRun Pro. The last update to the app was over 2 years ago... 15 September, 2016.

Given that Benoit isn't responding any longer, and no updates in over 2 years, my assumption is Benoit has moved on.

Bob
    12-03-18 09:43 AM
    he is baaaaaack.
    I'll post an update on Benoit in the android thread so new users and everyone can know whats up.
    Bob80220, moosbb and the brother like this.
    12-04-18 11:51 AM
    Read your update regarding Benoit... Nice job however you tracked him down.

Thanks again!!!

Bob
    12-04-18 01:33 PM
    he is baaaaaack.
    I'll post an update on Benoit in the android thread so new users and everyone can know whats up.
    Wow you hunted him so well lol
    Thank you

I still use meerun too as that was my running app on BB10 too, I was sad to see him abandoned his super app.

But now there is a hope lol
    12-04-18 03:53 PM