I'm trying to install an update from a couple days ago. It will not install without wifi. I have always been able to update no problem. This is an update from BlackBerry for Verizon size around 165 mb. I even hooked to wifi and tried again with my cellular data off and still says waiting for wifi any ideas ?
    At the bottom says verification problem as shown in pic
    can't update 165mb Android update. Says waiting for wifi-189295.jpg
    12-09-17 11:36 AM
    Remove updates for Google Play Services, then try again.
    12-09-17 12:10 PM
    I don't see Google play services under my apps. Can you give me more direction please.

Remove updates for Google Play Services, then try again.
    12-09-17 02:32 PM
    I don't see Google play services under my apps. Can you give me more direction please.
    Settings, apps, three dots at top right - show system apps.
    12-09-17 02:33 PM
    Thanks for the help. Do I just click the three dots and "remove updates" ? Do I need to restart phone after and wait for the Marshmallow 165mb update to pop up in tray and install before I update play services again?

Settings, apps, three dots at top right - show system apps.
    12-09-17 02:39 PM
    Thanks for the help. Do I just click the three dots and "remove updates" ? Do I need to restart phone after and wait for the Marshmallow 165mb update to pop up in tray and install before I update play services again?
    Remove updates, yes.

Then check for updates again. No need to reboot.
    12-09-17 02:49 PM
    This is what I get.

Remove updates, yes.

Attached Thumbnails can't update 165mb Android update. Says waiting for wifi-189325.jpg  
    12-09-17 02:52 PM
    This is what I get.
    You will have to disable "Find my Device" first then.

Look under settings, security, device administrators.
    12-09-17 02:53 PM
    When I click "manage device administration" I get this ...

This is what I get.
    Attached Thumbnails can't update 165mb Android update. Says waiting for wifi-189326.jpg  
    12-09-17 02:54 PM
    When I click "manage device administration" I get this ...
    Unclick find my Device.
    12-09-17 02:55 PM
    Unclick find my Device.
    All done and updated to latest version. Let's hope this solves the Android update. I did a search on Google but no where could I find your solution. Fingers crossed

Thanks 😀😁😂✳
    12-09-17 03:16 PM
    thanks again. I don't have that update popping up every day hanging out in my message tray. should I check for the 165mb update or just leave it be ?
    12-10-17 11:02 AM
    thanks again. I don't have that update popping up every day hanging out in my message tray. should I check for the 165mb update or just leave it be ?
    I thought you already updated.
    12-10-17 12:04 PM
    Now I wish I hadn't checked.

"Verification problem"

I thought you already updated.
    Attached Thumbnails can't update 165mb Android update. Says waiting for wifi-189522.jpg  
    12-10-17 12:10 PM
    Now I wish I hadn't checked.

"Verification problem"
    I'm confused. You had written: "All done and updated to latest version."

What OS are you on now?
    12-10-17 12:15 PM
    I'm confused. You had written: "All done and updated to latest version."

What OS are you on now?
    Didn't mean to confuse you. It removed the message in the tray.

Now it's back being in my open apps or the message tray. Says I need to update bit I can't. Says waiting for wifi and verification issue bottom of the pic I posted.
    12-10-17 12:18 PM
    I did have my phone last week tell me it "needed Sim card installed". I did it two times and had to reboot my phone to get it to read Sim card. I'm on Verizon Marshmallow 6.1 I belive.
    12-10-17 12:20 PM
    Didn't mean to confuse you. It removed the message in the tray.

Now it's back being in my open apps or the message tray. Says I need to update bit I can't. Says waiting for wifi and verification issue bottom of the pic I posted.
    Didn't we go through all this? Revert to original Google Play Services, and then apply the OS update.
    12-10-17 12:20 PM
    I did have my phone last week tell me it "needed Sim card installed". I did it two times and had to reboot my phone to get it to read Sim card. I'm on Verizon Marshmallow 6.1 I belive.
    I mean your OS build number.
    12-10-17 12:21 PM
    I updated the Google play services before the os update. so should of updated the update before GPS? then after that update the GPS correct?

AA0474 build #
    12-10-17 12:27 PM
    I updated the Google play services before the os update. so should of updated the update before GPS? then after that update the GPS correct?

AA0474 build #
    Downgrade Google Play Services, apply OS update, then update Google Play Services when it's all done.
    baspeed and PDP1062 like this.
    12-10-17 12:32 PM
    all set. worked perfectly as you said it would. my android is up to date and so is my Google play services. thank you again.
    12-11-17 03:18 PM
    Many thanks for your simplistic advice and steps, finally managed to get Nov update, something that BB help couldn't manage.
    In your opinion is this a BB issue or Android issue?
    12-12-17 04:21 PM
    Many thanks for your simplistic advice and steps, finally managed to get Nov update, something that BB help couldn't manage.
    In your opinion is this a BB issue or Android issue?
    Likely a combination of both. A change was made to Google Play Services AFTER the last batch of update builds were committed.
    12-12-17 06:42 PM
    Remove updates, yes.

When I go to systems, apps, Google play services, touch the 3 dots it says "uninstall updates" , not remove. Not sure if it matters. Then it says all updates will be uninstalled, and then I am prompted whether I want to replace with the factory version of Google play services.

I feel nervous following the instructions, don't want to do something unintended!
    12-16-17 05:15 PM
26 12