I'm trying to log in with the exact same credentials as the ones I've used so far on my Passport (so BB10), but it keeps saying that my account isn't associated with a BBM ID. But like I said: it worked fine on BBM for BB10 up until the start of this evening (which is when I tried to switch to the Android version on an Android 5.0 device).

Man, first problems with logging in on my Outlook account on the BB Hub for Android and now this... BB needs to work on making it easier to migrate from BB10 to Android if they want others to migrate as well.

Anyway: can anyone help me with this BBM issue?
    06-02-18 03:21 PM
    I recall Emtek disabling being able to switch back from Android to BB10 last summer, but I don't remember them blocking the move from BB10 at all. I have two accounts, my original BBM that I've kept on BB10 and a new BBID that I created for Android.
    06-02-18 03:59 PM
    If you use an android device now I highly recommend that you set up a new BBID for that device exactly as Fret has stated. If you use your old BBM id you can no longer log in on your Passport.
    06-02-18 04:02 PM
    If you use an android device now I highly recommend that you set up a new BBID for that device exactly as Fret has stated. If you use your old BBM id you can no longer log in on your Passport.
    But I don't really care about that as I'm most likely getting a BB Key2 in the next few months anyway, so I might as well switch to BBM on a different Android device for now then. But like I said: it doesn't let me log in.
    06-03-18 03:56 AM
    But I don't really care about that as I'm most likely getting a BB Key2 in the next few months anyway, so I might as well switch to BBM on a different Android device for now then. But like I said: it doesn't let me log in.
    If you can still log in on your Passport then all's well, just make a new BBID to use with Android. If you actually log in with your current BBID on an Android or iOS device you cannot use it with BB10 again.
    06-03-18 04:10 AM
    If you can still log in on your Passport then all's well, just make a new BBID to use with Android. If you actually log in with your current BBID on an Android or iOS device you cannot use it with BB10 again.
    I know, I just said that I don't care. I just want to use my CURRENT BBID on Android and am not planning to go back to BB10. How hard is that to understand?
    The only problem that I can't seem to solve is the one I described in the OP and I'd like to have some help with that.
    06-03-18 05:23 AM
    BBM – What Changed This Week and Why | Inside BlackBerry

Also, beginning September 25, 2017 you will no longer be able to switch to an Android, iOS or Microsoft device using your existing BBID. You can continue to switch between BBOS and BB10 devices seamlessly using your existing BBID after September 25, but switching to an Android, iOS or Microsoft device following this date will require that you establish a new BBID and re-invite your contacts to this new BBM Consumer account.
    brookie229 likes this.
    06-03-18 08:56 AM
    Thank you very much for that quote--settles everything I hope.
    06-03-18 09:44 AM
    I know, I just said that I don't care. I just want to use my CURRENT BBID on Android and am not planning to go back to BB10. How hard is that to understand?
    The only problem that I can't seem to solve is the one I described in the OP and I'd like to have some help with that.
    I apologize, I wasn't clear. Try logging in with your current ID on your Passport. If you can, then create a new ID for Android. If you can't, contact Emtek.
    06-03-18 10:31 AM
    I apologize, I wasn't clear. Try logging in with your current ID on your Passport. If you can, then create a new ID for Android. If you can't, contact Emtek.
    How can I contact Emtek?
    06-03-18 10:46 AM
    How can I contact Emtek?
    The bottom line is that you can't move a BBID from BB10 to Android, or vice-versa.

You MUST create a new BBM account.
    06-03-18 02:24 PM
    06-03-18 03:33 PM
    The bottom line is that you can't move a BBID from BB10 to Android, or vice-versa.

You MUST create a new BBM account.
    But why can't I re-use my existing account? It's not really migrating if you can't even use the same credentials.
    06-03-18 03:47 PM
    But why can't I re-use my existing account? It's not really migrating if you can't even use the same credentials.
    That's the way it is. You CAN'T migrate.

But you CAN import your contacts from your existing BB10 BBID.

Thanks, I'll contact them tomorrow.