I bought a song on Google Play and I want to make it my ringtone. I already have File Manager installed. I can't figure out how to download the song to my phone or laptop. The song plays on my phone but only through Google Play. It does not show up in the music file of File Manager. Can someone help?
    06-18-17 08:18 PM
    I bought a song on Google Play and I want to make it my ringtone. I already have File Manager installed. I can't figure out how to download the song to my phone or laptop. The song plays on my phone but only through Google Play. It does not show up in the music file of File Manager. Can someone help?
    You need to ACTUALLY download the file from Google Play Music. Google Play Music just streams and caches the file, but it does so generically and never downloads a .mp3 that is recognized unless you do so from the site itself. Log in using the site, download the .MP3 from there and then move it to your ringtones.
    06-18-17 09:08 PM
    Thanks Bla1ze. OK, so I have downloaded the song to my computer from Google Play Music. I can't figure out how to download it to my KEYone, but as least I have it on my computer. So I should be able to drop in into File Manager and Ringtones, but I believe there is a setting I have to do to allow files to be transferred. Is that correct? If so, what is the setting?
    06-18-17 09:27 PM
    You can launch your browser and switch to desktop mode. Do exactly the same thing as you did on your computer to download the file. Once downloaded to your phone, make it your ring tone in the way you might already be familiar with using your file manager.

Settings > Sounds > Phone ringtone > should launch options to browse using your file manager or Android Media Sorage.
    06-18-17 09:56 PM
    Can I do this entirely from my phone?
    Cant seem to get my purchased song to download. it gives me the option to, but when I click "download" , it just puts an orange check mark beside it, but I don't think it actually downloads.
    This is entirely off my phone and Google Play App...
    06-19-17 03:17 AM
    Thanks Bla1ze. OK, so I have downloaded the song to my computer from Google Play Music. I can't figure out how to download it to my KEYone, but as least I have it on my computer. So I should be able to drop in into File Manager and Ringtones, but I believe there is a setting I have to do to allow files to be transferred. Is that correct? If so, what is the setting?
    Once your phone is plugged in to your PC, there should be a notification saying "Connected in charging mode" or something like that. Tap it and change it to file transfer mode (or MTP if it appears like that).
    06-19-17 08:00 AM
    You may have to pull the notification shade down to see it
    06-19-17 08:20 AM
    When a user connects a KEYone to a PC via USB Type C port and included cable; a green half circle appears at the bottom of the screen above the keyboard that has three options:

- Charge & Data
    - Charge Only
    - Boost Mode

This green half circle pop up has a timer, so pick your option before it expires. If you miss it, do exactly what kbz1960 said about sliding the notification shade down from the top of your screen to view the "System UI" notification that is always present while your KEYone is connected to a PC. Pick the most suitable option after touching that "System UI" notification launches the same green half circle timed pop up, choose "Charge & Data" again to see these options:

- Charge this device
    - Transfer files
    - Transfer photos
    - Use device as MIDI
    06-19-17 03:25 PM
    I have not purchased any music from Google, but I do use my BlackBerry devices a lot for browsing in desktop mode using Firefox. I am able to download things from the Internet and manage those downloaded files using Solid Explorer or whatever file management option. Once a user downloads a song, simply browse for that downloaded file when you set the ringtone from; Settings > Sounds > Phone ringtone (just like in today's article).
    06-19-17 03:29 PM
    Can I do this entirely from my phone?
    Cant seem to get my purchased song to download. it gives me the option to, but when I click "download" , it just puts an orange check mark beside it, but I don't think it actually downloads.
    This is entirely off my phone and Google Play App...
    You can do it from your phone, it just takes some doing. Google Play will store the d/led mp3 in a folder, but the file name won't be the song name. Rather, it will be a random series of numbers. If you navigate to the folder, you can rename the file, move it to the Ringtones folder & you should be good to go.
    06-19-17 03:48 PM
    You can do it from your phone, it just takes some doing. Google Play will store the d/led mp3 in a folder, but the file name won't be the song name. Rather, it will be a random series of numbers. If you navigate to the folder, you can rename the file, move it to the Ringtones folder & you should be good to go.
    Thank you. Having a bit of a time finding it, so have done a work around for now...
    Will this file be in my (ES) file manager ??
    06-19-17 07:36 PM
    Thank you. Having a bit of a time finding it, so have done a work around for now...
    Will this file be in my (ES) file manager ??
    You can find it via ES. It's path is something along the lines of: Storage > Android > Data > com.google.music.

If there's only 1 mp3 in there (your soon to be ringtone) it should be easy to find, once you locate the folder. If you start d/ling a lot of music, it'll be much more difficult to differentiate between the mp3s. Google, like others, messes with the file names for whatever reason.

If you plan on using Google Play to d/l a lot of music, and prefer to have the mp3s vs streaming, this isn't the ideal method. In that case, you're better served getting a pc involved.
    06-19-17 09:12 PM