My Dtek60 really doesnt want to update. I received the notification yesterday that the new update is available and ran into the following issues:

Tried downloading while on wifi and the updater refused to download anything and indicated it was waiting for wifi despite proper connectivity.
    Cannot download or install the November update, please help.-photo_2017-11-17_10-05-34.jpg
    Gave up and disabled data and tried to download the update on cellular. It chugged along slowly but after finishing the download i received a verification failed error.
    Cannot download or install the November update, please help.-photo_2017-11-17_10-14-20.jpg
    Cannot download or install the November update, please help.-photo_2017-11-17_10-14-24.jpg
    Have tried this multiple times and rebooting as well between tries but no change.

Anyone else run into this ?
    11-17-17 09:16 AM
    If you are using a beta version of Google Play services, go back to non-beta. Then reboot and try again.
    11-17-17 09:23 AM
    Thanks for the reply, I seem to be running the regular version as i dont see it in the app store under my beta apps.
    11-17-17 10:06 AM
    Thanks for the reply, I seem to be running the regular version as i dont see it in the app store under my beta apps.
    Then I don't know. That was the solution that worked for me.
    11-17-17 10:27 AM
    any idea where to check the exact version of play services ? i looked it up on the play store but dont see the app there. checked on the play store on my computer but it wont specifically say if i have a beta version installed there.
    11-17-17 10:33 AM
    any idea where to check the exact version of play services ? i looked it up on the play store but dont see the app there. checked on the play store on my computer but it wont specifically say if i have a beta version installed there.
    If you're not in the beta program, or haven't installed it manually in the last week, then you're not using a beta.
    11-17-17 10:37 AM
    I have a DTEK60 with the September update. It displays the same messages as the OP's phone. I've never been a part of any beta program.

To reiterate:

I go to the System Update screen. I tap the Download button. If I'm on WiFi, it says System Update Downloading, but never displays a progress bar. Eventually, it will say Download Paused, with the note Waiting for Wi-Fi in small orange text. I can resume or pause the process as many times as I want, with the same results. If I'm on cell data, it will download the file(s) but refuse to install them with a verification error. I know that the data is downloaded because my cell data usage meter reflects multiple 100+ MB downloads just today. I've rebooted more than once, with again the same results.

I hope we can get assistance with this. I don't want an insecure phone.
    11-17-17 05:52 PM
    Not to steal the thread, but my DTEK50 is behaving the same way. I am on AT&T with an unlocked phone.
    11-17-17 06:24 PM
    I am having the same issue. unlocked DTEK60 on AT&T. September 5 patch.
    Update will only d/l when wifi is off, but errs with "verification problem".
    11-18-17 01:58 PM
    I pulled the Sim card and tried a wireless, unlocked update - no luck. Any ideas? I have never done a factory reset w/Android. I am not looking forward to it.
    11-19-17 08:58 PM
    I found a workaround for this, which enabled me to download but still unable to install.
    To download it with the wifi problem:
    1. Turn on Airplane Mode via drop down control panel.
    2. Click on Resume. It'll show up with an error message of "Couldn't download" or something like that.
    3. Turn on Wifi via drop down control panel. Wait for the wifi to connect.
    4. Click on Resume again. This time it'll download.

However, this allows the download, but it will not install. I see a "verification problem" here shown below.

Cannot download or install the November update, please help.-1511201519153.jpg

So I'm stuck here. Hopefully you have better luck. I'm running the PRIV from Verizon Wireless, so perhaps they did something to the update package where it causes a md5 mismatch. Just my wild guess.
    11-20-17 12:16 PM
    I tried the same thing you did. That was a great find! Unfortunately, I got the same result that you did. Unless someone figures this out, looks like I may try my first factory reset as a BlackBerry-Android owner.
    11-20-17 07:00 PM
    Began factory reset an hour ago.....first thing that installed was the 6 Nov patch. If this is the wave of the future, I guess I should be happy I get an update every other month!
    dpw09 likes this.
    11-24-17 09:49 PM
    I had the exact same issue, here is what worked.

Go into
    1. Settings
    2. Apps
    3. tap Google Play Services
    4. tap three dots in the top right
    5. Tap uninstall updates.

Ignore notifications about updating play services and setting backup

Now you should be able to download and install the update.
    Once phone reboots and is up and running, you can update Play Services.
    11-30-17 12:10 PM
    Thank you xRuhRohx!

My method worked, but it was painful. I will try it next time, if I need it. With the "every other month" patch/update that the DTEK50 receives, I guess the next opportunity to excel will come in late January.

Thanks again!
    11-30-17 07:25 PM
    Thank you so much. Worked well.
    12-01-17 03:24 PM
    Yes this method worked for me as well, tx. After, had to re-install google services updated, as started getting notifications for number of apps that required most current. Tx. BlackBerry nor rogers could help me, standard reply factory reset
    12-03-17 01:46 PM
    Thank you so much. Worked well.
    12-09-17 01:10 PM
    I'm getting this error when I follow those instructions.

"can't uninstall because this package is an active device administrator google play services"
    12-09-17 07:02 PM
    I'm getting this error when I follow those instructions.

"can't uninstall because this package is an active device administrator google play services"
    Go to Settings, security, device administrators, and untick Find my Device.
    Catstar33 likes this.
    12-09-17 07:51 PM
    Go to Settings, security, device administrators, and untick Find my Device.
    I love you.
    12-09-17 07:59 PM
    I love you.
    Lol. Just glad it worked for you.
    12-09-17 08:00 PM
    I keep a verification error. I did the above steps too
    12-14-17 10:26 PM
    Same result as scrapmetal58
    G_Unit MVP likes this.
    12-15-17 04:10 PM
    Me too. I completed the work around posted above but I'm receiving the verification failed error. Any ideas?

Should add unlocked DTEK60 on ATT, if that matters. Thanks.
    12-15-17 05:14 PM
41 12