I'm not one of those delusional people who are waiting for more bb10 phones. But, is it possible to create a custom version of android to work like bb10? Android is open source after all.

My favorite b10 phone is the q10. I understand that the square screen isn't compatible with android. But I find it hard to believe you can modify android in that way.

I guess the only issue stopping it is simple economics of supply, demand, company resources. I think they can do it if they wanted, but will the company make money on it is the real question.
    02-25-17 07:34 AM
    I'm not one of those delusional people who are waiting for more bb10 phones. But, is it possible to create a custom version of android to work like bb10? Android is open source after all.

My favorite b10 phone is the q10. I understand that the square screen isn't compatible with android. But I find it hard to believe you can modify android in that way.

I guess the only issue stopping it is simple economics of supply, demand, company resources. I think they can do it if they wanted, but will the company make money on it is the real question.
    TCL isn't doing anything with the OS. BlackBerry still handles all of the software.
    02-25-17 07:41 AM

Take a look at Nova and other Android launchers, they fully support gestures and a few of their animations are a perfect match for BB10. BlackBerry could easily make a custom skin that would totally support a Hub page plus animations and most gestures on the homescreen. Of course, there's no more swipe up from the bottom anymore since Lollipop but they could go pretty far in recreating the rest. And it needn't be terribly heavy, Nova is quite light yet comes packed with options and barely puts a dent in battery life.
    02-25-17 04:14 PM
    02-26-17 02:58 PM