My new K1 has butt dialed people since I picked it up.

One time was 12:30 at night as I was placing it down for the night. Another time was 8:30 Sunday morning when I picked it up.

In both cases, it dialed attorneys with whom I am in litigation. This should not happen. Leave alone the fact it is embarrassing, I if the phone butt dials at the wrong time, I might give away privileged information.

I installed an app called "call confirm" It has saved me at least three times, but tonight I butt dialed again.

I need an urgent solution.
    06-14-17 09:28 PM
    Lock the phone when not using it.
    06-14-17 09:40 PM
    I was using the phrase generically. It seems to happen when I am handling the phone.
    06-14-17 11:50 PM
    I was using the phrase generically. It seems to happen when I am handling the phone.
    Can you reconfirm if your butt is dialing or your hand aint while handling the KEYone?

Try deleting call logs and see if it dials something by itself again while in your hand or somewhere behind/under you.
    06-15-17 12:27 AM
    I know you may not want to hear this, but you should avoid putting any cell phone in your back pocket and then sitting down.

Personally I have never done so with any cell phone going back to the 90s. It exposes the phone to unnecessary pressures, and more easily risks accidents like misdials and damages.
    06-15-17 12:48 AM
    Wait, what? How is this happening? Did you set the convenience key to the phone? the shortcuts don't work with the screen off... did you make any of them the phone?

Maybe move the phone icon off the main page.

This should be happening, at all.
    06-15-17 01:01 AM
    He did meant dialing by accident.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-17 01:02 AM
    I had the same problem, but moved the phone app icon away from the bottom left hand side of the home page; seems I was hitting the icon accidentally when picking up the phone, and this dialled the last called number
    jmorgan456 likes this.
    06-15-17 01:42 AM
    Wait, what? How is this happening? Did you set the convenience key to the phone? the shortcuts don't work with the screen off... did you make any of them the phone?

Maybe move the phone icon off the main page.

This should be happening, at all.
    Even the convenience key doesn't work with the screen off. I have mine set to flashlight and would love for it to work with the screen off, but have to wake it up everytime to use it. At least it works when it's still locked though...
    06-15-17 07:46 AM
    I know you may not want to hear this, but you should avoid putting any cell phone in your back pocket and then sitting down.

Personally I have never done so with any cell phone going back to the 90s. It exposes the phone to unnecessary pressures, and more easily risks accidents like misdials and damages.
    He's using "butt dial" because it's a known phrase only. He's not actually doing it with his butt... He said it happened when he was putting the phone down or picking it up as in off a desk.
    06-15-17 07:47 AM
    He's using "butt dial" because it's a known phrase only. He's not actually doing it with his butt... He said it happened when he was putting the phone down or picking it up as in off a desk.
    Sorry my bad, missed that. Thanks.
    06-15-17 08:05 AM
    I had the same problem, but moved the phone app icon away from the bottom left hand side of the home page; seems I was hitting the icon accidentally when picking up the phone, and this dialled the last called number
    I second what Privtastic is saying. I would try removing the phone app from the home screen to see if that solves the behavior. Would be a minor inconvenience to pull up the app drawer to call but better than accidental calls
    06-15-17 01:52 PM
    I had the same problem, but moved the phone app icon away from the bottom left hand side of the home page; seems I was hitting the icon accidentally when picking up the phone, and this dialed the last called number
    That is ultimately what I did. Hopefully, it cures the problem.

I also found out that the "call confirm" program does not "confirm" calls from the speed dialer.
    06-15-17 10:16 PM
    Can you reconfirm if your butt is dialing or your hand aint while handling the KEYone?

Try deleting call logs and see if it dials something by itself again while in your hand or somewhere behind/under you.
    In focusing on the problem, I found that my hand is brushing the telephone icon, and when the speed dial screen pops up, my hand is still there resulting in an unwanted call. I found that the "call confirm" program does not inhibit speed dialed calls.

As suggested by others, I have now moved the phone icon off the main screen and I must now go into other screens to place a call. No bid deal - let's see if it works.
    06-15-17 10:21 PM
    Are you using short press shortcuts? Never use them for speed dial. Long press only for speed dial.

I'm not having your issue at all. But I always turn the screen off by pressing the power button or double tapping to sleep.
    06-16-17 03:52 AM
    Sorry my bad, missed that. Thanks.
    oh my, I thought lawyer was nitpicking precise. i am not surprise your mis-dailed... ;-)
    06-16-17 06:16 AM
    Has never happened to me on any phone. Strange one. Guess the best solution is to remove the phone icon from home screen.
    06-16-17 06:22 AM
    I have done it twice today. And countless other times. Somehow seems like I end a call and start dailing another almost immediately. I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing to make this happen, but I'm certainly doing something. 100% user error, but frustrating nonetheless. I'm going to pay a bit more attention and try isolate exactly how I'm placing these calls.
    06-16-17 08:08 AM
    I had this problem when I first got the PRIV. It really helped to get the flip case, which has magnets that put the phone to sleep when you close it. I think these are available for the KEYᵒⁿᵉ. The one I have for the PRIV is the official one. I am not sure who would be making them for the KEYᵒⁿᵉ, and will have to check it out.
    06-16-17 10:21 AM