As I am about to jump from the Passport to the Key2.... I wonder... is there a Blend Equivalent?

I am looking for a software that will let me text/email from my computer, and if possible bbm and facebook msg.

I know pushbullet does texts.... but I want text + Email.

Or is there a way to just view my entire phone, cast it somehow to my desktop?

Basically im on my computer all day and want to just use my phone from the computer.

What is out there that works?
    11-15-18 05:20 PM
    Vysor is what I use - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hikdutta.vysor, but it also kinda depends on what your computer is. Windows / Mac, screensharing options? etc. There's plenty of apps that can mirror your device, you just need to find one that works for you and your setup. Unfrotunately, most apps outside of mirroring, stop short and won't offer you access to anything more than your files/SMS. I haven't found anything that will nicely integrate with email.
    the brother likes this.
    11-15-18 07:05 PM
    As I am about to jump from the Passport to the Key2.... I wonder... is there a Blend Equivalent?

I am looking for a software that will let me text/email from my computer, and if possible bbm and facebook msg.

I know pushbullet does texts.... but I want text + Email.

Or is there a way to just view my entire phone, cast it somehow to my desktop?

Basically im on my computer all day and want to just use my phone from the computer.

What is out there that works?
    Messages (sms), email, WhatsApp, BBM, Telegram, etc all have synced desktop clients.
    11-15-18 10:46 PM
    Messages (sms), email, WhatsApp, BBM, Telegram, etc all have synced desktop clients.
    do you mean like on a browser where you scan a code (which I guess I'm fine with), or do you mean a stand alone desktop app? The beauty of blend is its all in one place together... not 5 different things.
    11-16-18 12:17 AM
    do you mean like on a browser where you scan a code (which I guess I'm fine with), or do you mean a stand alone desktop app? The beauty of blend is its all in one place together... not 5 different things.
    Apart from BBM, they are all stand-alone apps. The benefit is that you can sync not only with your phone, but countless other devices.
    the brother likes this.
    11-16-18 12:21 AM
    Whats the stand alone app for SMS texts? I had seen the browser version but not the stand alone app.
    11-16-18 12:29 AM
    Whats the stand alone app for SMS texts? I had seen the browser version but not the stand alone app.
    Google's Messages app. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...essaging&hl=en

Works well in the desktop browser, and even has a dark mode. The Google Messages does not even have to be your default SMS app... it just has to be installed on your device to be able to use the web client on your PC.
    the brother likes this.
    11-16-18 08:15 AM
    I think the point is to not have 6 different apps running at once and having to switch back and forth. That's where blend was head and shoulders above anything else. And yes I realize its not really something they can accomplish on android.
    marshalla99 and Vistaus like this.
    11-16-18 08:25 AM
    One other thing, microsoft has an app called "your phone" which they claim will mirror android apps. Right now, it only has access to your photos and SMS (android messenger). They have shown it using snap chat messages on your computer for example so if they do follow through and add these features, it will likely look and feel like blend.
    hjc73734 and the brother like this.
    11-16-18 11:10 AM
    I think the point is to not have 6 different apps running at once and having to switch back and forth. That's where blend was head and shoulders above anything else. And yes I realize its not really something they can accomplish on android.
    basically... what you said. All in ONE place, at once.
    marshalla99 likes this.
    11-16-18 01:53 PM
    I heard about this... it excited me... but I fear it wont be fully developed and deployed.

I wonder if a bunch of us can just pay a developer to make a Blend alternative for android.... ?
    11-16-18 01:54 PM
    I heard about this... it excited me... but I fear it wont be fully developed and deployed.

I wonder if a bunch of us can just pay a developer to make a Blend alternative for android.... ?
    There is a dev here on CB that is attempting to do this. Don't know how far he will get but the project is coming along nicely. You can follow here: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...z-inc-1098765/

There is no email or chat app integration yet but messaging and app mirroring are coming along nicely.
    11-16-18 03:47 PM
    Try Opera Browser, has a whole lot of messaging capability embedded in the sidebar has been my Blend replacement.
    11-18-18 02:04 PM
    Get Dell Mobile App from Windows Store and on the phone, it works for everything even mirroring screen.

Also windows October 2018 update for Windows includes a My PHONE settings where you sync your phone with the pc

Posted with BlackBerry Passport SE via CB10
    11-21-18 12:53 AM
    Mozilla Thunderbird is good.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-18 10:39 AM
    ???

Blend had separate tabs for all the 'apps' it supported, and you had to go into those tabs to access the 'full experience'.

Web-apps can be opened in a single browser window, then you only have to switch tabs to access the different apps.

It's the exact same number of steps. And the Web-apps themselves offer way more features than Blend ever did.

Whatever else Blend was great at (like easy file access), 'app integration' certainly wasn't it.
    12-03-18 01:53 PM
    ???

Blend had separate tabs for all the 'apps' it supported, and you had to go into those tabs to access the 'full experience'.

Web-apps can be opened in a single browser window, then you only have to switch tabs to access the different apps.

It's the exact same number of steps. And the Web-apps themselves offer way more features than Blend ever did.

Whatever else Blend was great at (like easy file access), 'app integration' certainly wasn't it.
    for the apps that have a 'web' version via a desktop browser... it helps, but not all do. I still cant find BBM web.

And you are not accounting for how convenient having your emails all in one quick hub was/is on your desktop. You are also not accounting for being able to access that hub remotely. I travel a lot and one of my work phones stays connected at home, but i can still see/send texts from abroad with blend. MAGICAL.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    12-04-18 02:14 AM
    for the apps that have a 'web' version via a desktop browser... it helps, but not all do. I still cant find BBM web.

And you are not accounting for how convenient having your emails all in one quick hub was/is on your desktop. You are also not accounting for being able to access that hub remotely. I travel a lot and one of my work phones stays connected at home, but i can still see/send texts from abroad with blend. MAGICAL.
    Go the the "me" tab in BBM app. Click on BBM desktop, it will have a bar code scanner there. Go to web.bbmessaging.com and scan the bar code.
    the brother likes this.
    12-04-18 09:06 AM