The power button on my phone was faulty so I sent it to be repaired. It took two days and it was sent back, I opened a white box and found a KEYone and a Dual Layer Shell case, which I thought was strange.

When I read the documents that came with it, it says they have tested the phone and I quote "whilst we endeavour to retain your personalised settings you may find that the unit has been rest to factory parameter during the repair process". Meaning they have fixed my phone, and below states the repair details are a replacement battery and replacement case.

Upon inspection of my phone I notice this is not my phone, firstly there are no little scratches which my phone had from use but secondly, most importantly there is a dent in the top corner of the phone... a dent which I know wasn't there before.

I know people have said blackberry send refurbished phones but they are blatantly trying to pass this phone off as my one and gave me the case as some sort of compensation to not notice the dent. And the reason why they could not retain my personalised settings is because they are not on this phone.

I can't believe Blackberry are doing this, after years of loyalty and this is how they treat their customers.

I've only had it 5-6 months, am I not entitled to a brand new phone?
    10-19-17 06:41 AM
    I can't believe Blackberry are doing this, after years of loyalty and this is how they treat their customers.

I've only had it 5-6 months, am I not entitled to a brand new phone?
    First, your loyalty to BlackBerry is irrelevant. This is a TCL product, and this is their first BlackBerry-branded device ever.

Second, after 6 months, a refurb is reasonable, but it should be in perfect shape.
    10-19-17 06:55 AM
    First, your loyalty to BlackBerry is irrelevant. This is a TCL product, and this is their first BlackBerry-branded device ever.

Second, after 6 months, a refurb is reasonable, but it should be in perfect shape.
    TCL or not, they are using the Blackberry brand and with that name and logo comes the loyal customers and Blackberry's reputation.

BBMobile's customer service is terrible, the amount of people my case has been passed through, the hours I waited for a response, the time I've spent on hold and for what a damaged refurbished phone they are trying to pass off as my own.

I love my KEYone but this customer service is not worth it, this may be my last blackberry phone. As much as I hate Apple, this kind of thing would never happen with them
    10-19-17 07:03 AM
    TCL or not, they are using the Blackberry brand and with that name and logo comes the loyal customers and Blackberry's reputation.

BBMobile's customer service is terrible, the amount of people my case has been passed through, the hours I waited for a response, the time I've spent on hold and for what a damaged refurbished phone they are trying to pass off as my own.

I love my KEYone but this customer service is not worth it, this may be my last blackberry phone. As much as I hate Apple, this kind of thing would never happen with them
    You seriously aren't going to compare Apple with BBMo. The difference in resources is Astronomical. Even BB old didn't compare with customer service. Their sales department was basically Digital River.
    10-19-17 07:08 AM
    You seriously aren't going to compare Apple with BBMo. The difference in resources is Astronomical. Even BB old didn't compare with customer service. Their sales department was basically Digital River.
    What I am comparing is not resources but the way in which they handle things and the people they employ. Apple seem to employ friendly staff that are willing to help (which i have seen first hand) but BBMobile seem to employ staff that are uninterested and don't respond. One person even hung up on me when I rang, after I had been waiting on hold.
    10-19-17 07:20 AM
    Are you in the UK?

"If the repair or replacement isn’t the same as what you bought, you’re entitled to a refund instead. "

More info: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/co...-faulty-goods/
    10-19-17 07:29 AM
    I'm not a fan of any of their CS. I walked in to Apple Store with my 11 year old daughter to drop off an iPhone 6 for a replacement screen repair. I explained that I wasn't going to wait for the device since it was late, 8pm, and they closed at 9pm. Just wanted to drop it off. You know "here's my name and info, here's the device, call me in a few days when it's done." and was told I needed appointment just to drop off. They were serious. I'm standing there in their store and they're saying I need appointment just to hand them device. There were AppleTards just standing around socializing and doing nothing, but I needed appointment. It took store manager to override this process. He didn't apologize. He stated they do this because it enhances the experience. He forgot customer service 101. It's my perception as the customer that matters from my perspective. Telling me to come back a second time for drop off and third for repair pickup doesn't sound like common sense to me. Customer in your store to spend money on repair... You never say you're too busy and risk losing money to competitor.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-19-17 07:35 AM
    Are you in the UK?

"If the repair or replacement isn’t the same as what you bought, you’re entitled to a refund instead. "

More info: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/co...-faulty-goods/
    I am from the UK, just spoke to them, they want me to send photos and then they will decide what to do
    10-19-17 09:35 AM
    I am from the UK, just spoke to them, they want me to send photos and then they will decide what to do
    You're well covered with consumer rights then! Don't take any bs from them, and make sure to check that link if they are not forthcoming.
    10-19-17 10:32 AM
    Wow thats really awesome to see UK law has your back there... The only way I can get any money back is selling my keyone once my new device arrives. forget the phone and its issues, their support is awful and very dishonest from my own experience too. sucks you went through the dented device. really they think we're so dumb to try to pull some crap off like that.
    10-20-17 01:02 PM
    You're well covered with consumer rights then! Don't take any bs from them, and make sure to check that link if they are not forthcoming.
    Well here's the update, finally recieved a response which is that they are now insinuating that I have dented the phone and sent it to them like that. So I will be taking up your link and advice.

As long as TCL are running things now, as much as I love my physical keyboard, I am offically done with Blackberry, can't be dealing with this service anymore. If they refund me, I don't know which phone to go to next.
    10-24-17 09:40 AM
    Well here's the update, finally recieved a response which is that they are now insinuating that I have dented the phone and sent it to them like that. So I will be taking up your link and advice.

As long as TCL are running things now, as much as I love my physical keyboard, I am offically done with Blackberry, can't be dealing with this service anymore. If they refund me, I don't know which phone to go to next.
    Good luck. What a bunch of amateurs they are.
    10-25-17 09:15 AM
    Update #3 on my long BBMo ordeal

I was contacted yesterday by the person handling my case and she said she managed to get me an Advanced Exchange and I need to confirm my address for the process to begin. I didn't know what that was so I emailed back asking what that meant but didn't confirm my address yet. About an hour later I got an email from the courier service saying that my delivery was set and I should be ready for the exchange.

I was quite surprised as I didn't confirm my address but the process had started and I didn't even know what was going to happen or what I had to do.
    So I waited for a reply but nothing and so once again I had to call, the guy said the advanced exchange was sorted two days ago. I was hoping for a refund because I decided I didn't want to deal with BBMo anymore. The only replacement I would accept would be a brand new phone because I know a lot of people have been dealing with screens falling off etc and if I got a refurbished phone with that problem and it wasn't sorted again my long ordeal with BBMo would start again. I know a refurb is supposed to be an improved version but I've been reading on this forum that people are on their 3rd or 4th phones because the refurbished phones are still faulty.

Anyway, I was quite annoyed because this advanced exchange had been sorted and a day arranged without my knowledge. It's lucky I am at home on that day because what if I was busy on the day they arranged, they have only given be three days notice.

I have no choice but to accept this phone, fingers crossed I have no more problems with it or BBMo.
    10-28-17 08:04 AM