Boss receiving some .xls file attachments via email
    On outlook at his PC he can open them. On the Blackberry they come as
    application/vnd.ms-excel - I've got Microsoft Excel installed from play store
    and google sheets but neither will allow them to open. Anyone got tips?

** EDIT ** Apparently if you save the file to your phone with .xls or .xlsx it will open.
    Strange.
    Last edited by TERDIE; 06-08-17 at 10:29 AM.
    06-08-17 10:13 AM
    Hello Can you check if it's being saved as Open Document Re. ODS . ? As these can give some issues.
    06-08-17 10:34 AM
    Hello Can you check if it's being saved as Open Document Re. ODS . ? As these can give some issues.
    How do I know?

** EDIT **
    On Outlook 2007 on windows its showing up this way too when it was forwarded from the phone
    when it came direct to the inbox from the person who sent it it shows .XLS extension on it.
    Last edited by TERDIE; 06-08-17 at 12:31 PM.
    06-08-17 11:11 AM
    Let me understand show file comes in with extension .xls won't open but if you save file with extension .xls ...you can then open file?
    06-08-17 12:49 PM
    Let me understand show file comes in with extension .xls won't open but if you save file with extension .xls ...you can then open file?
    yes the vsd-application-ms-excel can be saved with .xls and it will open. It's hella strange.
    06-08-17 01:57 PM
    Very odd. think could be the version of Excel used to safe the file versus what's installed in the device. Compatibility issue.
    06-08-17 02:42 PM
    it appears that the files are sent through an SQL Reporting system and show up correctly on the Microsoft Outlook for Windows 7 or Windows 10. But if the email is forwarded from the device
    it appears as application_vnd.ms-excel which in return you could name .xls and save it and than its able to be opened.

Looking for some help on this, need a solution.
    06-27-17 09:53 AM
    If the information is not confidential you could try to forward it to bbappsupport@blackberry.com and ask @LiamQ to have a look at it and link to this thread.

Alternatively send there or post here the email source header how it originally arrives at your BB so one can see how the mime encoding is done by that reporting system. Can't do this header copy with hub though, as you can't see the source there, use alternative mailer "K9"

Should be something like this:
    X-MS-Has-Attach: yes
    X-MS-Exchange-Inbox-Rules-Loop:
    X-MS-TNEF-Correlator:
    Resent-From:
    Content-Type: multipart/signed; protocol="application/x-pkcs7-signature";micalg=SHA256; boundary="--_com.android.email_"
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    06-29-17 12:51 AM
    I sent them an e-mail and included what the header of the email etc shows.
    It's extremely strange what's happening cause i've never seen this happen before.
    I guess we will see if they respond or not.
    06-29-17 09:53 AM