Is anyone still using BB Password Keeper? I've been using it (successfully) for years and switched over a number of years ago to a paid subscription when I no longer had BB hardware. I'm having trouble with backup to Google drive....actually with Restore.

I want to RESTORE my passwords onto a new phone and the app can't find the file in my Google Drive - even though I can log in and see that the backup was just updated.

I'm afraid to attempt to restore to my current phone because when i exported to a csv format, it didn't take any of the 'Notes' information and i have a LOT of passwords in Notes for specific clients.
    09-25-21 09:14 AM
    Is anyone still using BB Password Keeper? I've been using it (successfully) for years and switched over a number of years ago to a paid subscription when I no longer had BB hardware. I'm having trouble with backup to Google drive....actually with Restore.

I want to RESTORE my passwords onto a new phone and the app can't find the file in my Google Drive - even though I can log in and see that the backup was just updated.

I'm afraid to attempt to restore to my current phone because when i exported to a csv format, it didn't take any of the 'Notes' information and i have a LOT of passwords in Notes for specific clients.
    Take this opportunity to move to a proper, modern, cross-platform password manager.

Export "unencrypted" and then import into Bitwarden.

https://bitwarden.com/help/article/import-data/
    09-25-21 10:46 AM
    Does it export the notes? I had trouble with that
    09-25-21 11:15 AM
    Does it export the notes? I had trouble with that
    Take look at the file it creates.
    09-25-21 11:26 AM
    ok. got it. I take it that BB Google Drive doesn't work?
    09-25-21 11:28 AM
    ok. got it. I take it that BB Google Drive doesn't work?
    Just create the file and move it to your desktop.
    09-25-21 12:46 PM
    ok. thanks much for the help
    09-25-21 12:47 PM
    Is anyone still using BB Password Keeper?...I'm having trouble with backup to Google drive....actually with Restore...
    Mine has the same problem once and a while. Basically, showing that it is not backing up to googleDrive. It will still do it once and a while however, and the rate at which I add new usernames/passwords isn't often enough to yet cause me concerns. I have also noticed that sometimes if you specify for to a different googleDrive filename for the backup, it will happily start working again, until later.
    09-25-21 01:10 PM
    Thanks. Have you ever restored from Google to a new phone? It keeps saying it doesn't find any files
    09-25-21 03:05 PM
    I'd like to know too as I'm planning on switching to Sony Xperia soon.
    09-29-21 06:08 PM
    Just search out some of the online reviews of the phone.... many times they offer a comparison to what's out there.
    09-30-21 07:12 AM
    You should honestly consider switching to another password keeper app like Bitwarden that syncs seamlessly across all your devices.
    You can easily export your passwords from BlackBerry password keeper and import to Bitwarden.
    09-30-21 09:03 AM
    You should honestly consider switching to another password keeper app like Bitwarden that syncs seamlessly across all your devices.
    You can easily export your passwords from BlackBerry password keeper and import to Bitwarden.
    With anything... having something that is current and supported is important. While Password Keeper still works, it has been updated in over a year...
    09-30-21 09:18 AM
    This sucks. BlackBerry is Canadian and I've always trusted them with my stuff. Using some other random company from wondows where feels bleh to me. I guess I have to move on at some point though. It just sucks.
    10-07-21 10:24 AM
    This sucks. BlackBerry is Canadian and I've always trusted them with my stuff. Using some other random company from wondows where feels bleh to me. I guess I have to move on at some point though. It just sucks.
    Bitwarden is very highly regarded, as are some of the other options.
    pdr733 likes this.
    10-07-21 12:37 PM

Don't use cloud sync for password files. Create an Password Keeper export file on the phone you are transferring FROM. Plug it into a computer. MOVE the file to your computer. Unplug. Plug into your computer the phone you are transferring the passwords TO. Move the file to it. IMPORT.
    10-08-21 09:02 AM