The huawei "10" has extra width on the screen a "porches" version and also literally fully bringing the idea to life which will undoubtedly be the future.. As in we just need a flat screen with a cord (maybe a keyboard) sitting on a desk and everybody's computer experience will be their own as the phone will transform into a near-fully functional computer. We are still a bit away but will windows get swallowed? I wish the BlackBerry Brand was in a spot NOW where they can make mid and high end phones.

Check it out:

Allot of BlackBerry-ish stuff there even if just accidental.

This is an opportunity for the people want to be on TOP in the future to jump on now. BlackBerry should have a Crew just for research for development (rim, hah) as in researching others as well as thier own ideas past or prior and Doing it. #DoTheHomeWork #Blackberry scour the Web! I'd LOVE to see you on TOP again.

 Passport SE  -Working wiDe in 2017+...
    10-16-17 02:27 PM
    Still stuck on 'BlackBerry should.... ' huh?

BlackBerry wants nothing to do with hardware directly.

Also, BlackBerry started down this path with Blend. They killed it. I guess that shows where their ambition on expanding on the format was lol.
    10-16-17 03:03 PM
    Time for Blackberry to rethink BB10 and where they wanted to go. Now that they are turning a profit, they should funnel some funding back into BB10. Remember it is QNX based and what software are they developing for self driving cars? What is it based on? They should at least keep BB10 on life support so they can call on it further in the future. Besides, as they direct BB10 users over to android, they might be surprised on the number that want to return to BB10. Android is a mess.....good for games and social media, but not much else.
    KD07 likes this.
    10-16-17 03:11 PM
    Now that they are turning a profit, they should funnel some funding back into BB10.
    Why not put profit towards making profitable things instead of canceling it out?
    10-16-17 03:26 PM
    Why not put profit towards making profitable things instead of canceling it out?
    Because muh PlayBook
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    10-16-17 03:56 PM
    Still stuck on 'BlackBerry should.... ' huh?

BlackBerry wants nothing to do with hardware directly.

Also, BlackBerry started down this path with Blend. They killed it. I guess that shows where their ambition on expanding on the format was lol.
    Well it's better then "should of.." #Progress

Yes, I meant blend. And that "other" thing..
    lol

Blackberry Mobile**

Hey, doesn't BlackBerry actually Work with TCL to jhelp create the hardware in a unique way?..

10-16-17 03:58 PM
    Time for Blackberry to rethink BB10 and where they wanted to go. Now that they are turning a profit, they should funnel some funding back into BB10. Remember it is QNX based and what software are they developing for self driving cars? What is it based on? They should at least keep BB10 on life support so they can call on it further in the future. Besides, as they direct BB10 users over to android, they might be surprised on the number that want to return to BB10. Android is a mess.....good for games and social media, but not much else.
    +1 to bad it won't happen.. glad they are here though.

#Least

BlackBerry really was ahead of the times. As someone said on CB prior..

"It doesn't profit to be ahead of the times, it profits to be right on time with the perfect formulation. " it sad but true! Why? Can't they figure out why this is and break that down.. surely that would lead back to the big dogs hogging the marketplace. What is Huwai doing different? Probably cheap labor and research.

10-16-17 04:01 PM
    Time for Blackberry to rethink BB10 and where they wanted to go.
    BB10 is done, all the developers are gone. It's long been decided where they are going with it. Nowhere.

Now that they are turning a profit, they should funnel some funding back into BB10.
    Sure, because maintaining a profit is not the best business practice, is it? Made a profit this quarter? Just toss it in the incinerator. That would basically be what you're asking them to do.

Remember it is QNX based and what software are they developing for self driving cars? What is it based on?
    QNX is used in a lot more areas than cars and BB10. It's development has been around a lot longer than the minor sub-set known as BB10 has been around.

They should at least keep BB10 on life support so they can call on it further in the future. Besides, as they direct BB10 users over to android, they might be surprised on the number that want to return to BB10. Android is a mess.....good for games and social media, but not much else.
    That's just not true. Sure, I use my android phone for a couple games, but no more than I had on my Z10. Barely use social media, except that LinkedIn (which is work related) actually works on android since they hobbled the BB10 version to near uselessness. Using the BlackBerry Hub on my S8 is as effective as it was on the Z10 - already used to the differences. Using the BB keyboard app keeps that side of things familiar.

Sure, there's a lot to configure, and it takes time to get to know how it all works, but I've got things very clean.

I also think you overestimate how many would "return" to BB10. It was BB10 that so many left in droves to go to android and iOS in the first place. I like BB10 and stuck with it for a long time until I just couldn't do what I needed on it anymore. And the workarounds (Cobalt's Google play and app patches) will only work for so long as more and more android apps require something newer than 4.3 to run.

BlackBerry will do what it has to do to survive. And BB10 is not part of that equation.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    10-16-17 05:23 PM
    BB10 is done, the workarounds (Cobalt's Google play and app patches) will only work for so long as more and more android apps require something newer than 4.3 to run.
    Welp, that about raps it up.

Super passionate!

You are very good at preparing for the future!

Thank goodness most apps still run even ICS. For now..

10-16-17 05:36 PM
    Super passionate!
    Passion for a product has been nothing but disappointment for me in years past.

Plextor... Micron... Matrox... Fruit Brute Cereal... Ford Pinto... (don't judge me, I was 8 when my mother got her '73 Pinto and I loved that car).
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    10-16-17 11:26 PM
    Passion for a product has been nothing but disappointment for me in years past.

Plextor... Micron... Matrox... Fruit Brute Cereal... Ford Pinto... (don't judge me, I was 8 when my mother got her '73 Pinto and I loved that car).
    That is a shame, passion is everything and always can turn a profit. Haha, pinto! That be worth a pretty penny now as the worst of some things or best, long as it's the best at something as in even if best at being the worst reputation wise even, it has people whom want it! Haha..

10-17-17 12:01 AM
    Fruit Brute Cereal
    Back in 2013, around Halloween, General Mills re-released Fruit Brute and Yummy Mummy, the missing 2 of the 5 Monster cereals. Unfortunately, they didn't stick around for long. My buddy ordered a couple of cases. LOL.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    10-17-17 02:06 AM
    Back in 2013, around Halloween, General Mills re-released Fruit Brute and Yummy Mummy, the missing 2 of the 5 Monster cereals. Unfortunately, they didn't stick around for long. My buddy ordered a couple of cases. LOL.
    But if they just brought them back and marketed them correctly,they would be profitable! LMAO

Posted via CB10
    Troy Tiscareno and mf1982 like this.
    10-17-17 07:56 AM
    "Fight the POWER!!".. -House M.D.

Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    10-17-17 04:35 PM