Just bought a new KeyOne Black Edition, used the migration tool to move everything over from my Q10. Seemed to work okay, everything but BlackBerry Messenger. For some reason, it's refusing to migrate those messages over. When I try to put in my credentials on the new phone (my phone number), it refuses to accept it. No matter what I enter, it REFUSES ("Incorrect account details or password"). I've tried every email address I own, and it won't recover the password. I've tried my phone number and my BBM PIN. Has anyone else had difficulty with this? Is there any way to get my messages migrated to my new phone?
    Last edited by parketheo; 05-20-18 at 02:24 AM.
    05-19-18 07:14 PM
    Just bought a new KeyOne Black Edition, used the migration tool to move everything over from my Q10. Seemed to work okay, everything but BlackBerry Messenger. For some reason, it's refusing to migrate those messages over. When I try to put in my credentials on the new phone (my phone number), it refuses to accept it. No matter what I enter, it REFUSES ("Incorrect account details or passoword"). I've tried every email address I own, and it won't recover the password. I've tried my phone number and my BBM PIN. Has anyone else had difficulty with this? Is there any way to get my messages migrated to my new phone?
    You can't migrate BBM. You have to start a new account on Android (or iOS).
    05-19-18 07:55 PM
    You can transfer contacts over though.
    05-19-18 08:03 PM
    You can't migrate BBM.
    Of all the things that a BlackBerry phone can't migrate to a new BlackBerry phone.
    05-20-18 02:25 AM
    Of all the things that a BlackBerry phone can't migrate to a new BlackBerry phone.
    BBM consumer (on iOS and Android) is licenced to Emtek in Indonesia, and has been for some time. It has evolved beyond BBM consumer for BB10, which BlackBerry still manages.

Keep in mind there are about 100 million Emtek BBM users, and less than a million BB10 BBM users.
    05-20-18 05:58 AM
    Well... that sucks. But thanks for letting me know about that. Frustrating, but oh well.
    05-20-18 12:47 PM
    Meh, back in the BBOS days you had to add contacts all over again if you switched devices... If I remember correctly
    05-24-18 06:05 PM
    Meh, back in the BBOS days you had to add contacts all over again if you switched devices... If I remember correctly
    Your contacts are tied to your ID so even if you switch devices now (android to android, androi to ios or vice verca) your contacts will be there. This is only going from BB10 to Android or ios as you can't simply switch devices that way with the same ID and you need a new ID. However they added a way to transfer your contacts to that new ID which was never there before.
    05-25-18 09:05 AM