I'm sure this has been talked about at length here, but..

For example, if I buy the Google Pixel 3, can I still go on the playsrore and download Blackberry launcher and other blackberry android apps?

Also, can I still use Blackberry digital keyboard?

Thanks in advance!

Posted via CB10
    11-02-18 05:59 PM
    Hub, Launcher, Calendar, Contacts, Notes, Password Keeper, Device Search, and Privacy Shade are all available on the Play Store.

Keyboard needs a few extra steps.
    11-02-18 06:07 PM
    @Livermore yes you can but why? It is so dated that almost any launcher out there is going to give you so much more.
    11-02-18 06:41 PM
    Hub, Launcher, Calendar, Contacts, Notes, Password Keeper, Device Search, and Privacy Shade are all available on the Play Store.

Keyboard needs a few extra steps.
    Thanks!!

Posted via CB10
    11-02-18 06:44 PM
    @Livermore yes you can but why? It is so dated that almost any launcher out there is going to give you so much more.
    Thanks for the reply.

How is it dated? I enjoy using BlackBerry android apps. But most importantly I want to use Blackberry digital keyboard on a non blackberry android phone like the Pixel3..

Posted via CB10
    11-02-18 06:46 PM
    @Livermore All the apps are super cool, I get it but the launcher is dated in more ways that I can explain in one short post.

There is an entire Sticky post to that effect:

/blackberry-hub-plus-suite-f459/blackberry-launcher-improvement-suggestions-1109000/
    11-02-18 06:48 PM
    Thanks for the reply.

How is it dated? I enjoy using BlackBerry android apps. But most importantly I want to use Blackberry digital keyboard on a non blackberry android phone like the Pixel3..

Posted via CB10
    They're separate apps, you can load BlackBerry Keyboard and something like Nova Launcher without needing to bring BlackBerry Launcher dragging along.
    skinnymike1 and 00stryder like this.
    11-02-18 07:03 PM
    They're separate apps, you can load BlackBerry Keyboard and something like Nova Launcher without needing to bring BlackBerry Launcher dragging along.
    Thanks for the reply.

Interesting, I didn't know that.

So on a Pixel 3 you can essentially use BlackBerry digital keyboard?

Posted via CB10
    11-02-18 07:06 PM
    Thanks for the reply.

Posted via CB10
    Via a hack. Yes
    11-02-18 07:08 PM
    My kids use it on their Nokia devices. They like the notification splat.
    11-02-18 08:13 PM
    My kids use it on their Nokia devices. They like the notification splat.
    The only thing I really like about it + keyboard shortcuts but that's unique and arguably a must for PKB devices.

As for the rest, at this point I think we have gone overboard with the 'keep it simple' approach.

Hopefully BlackBerry Mobile will find it necessary to upgrade and pay BlackBerry to apply their magic!
    11-02-18 08:22 PM
    Thanks for the reply.

Posted via CB10
    I'm using the BlackBerry VKB on my Galaxy S8. Works great.
    11-03-18 12:01 AM
    Actually even I use the BlackBerry launcher on all my non-BlackBerry Android devices.
    1. Because of swipe up widgets
    2. The amount of shortcuts I can add to the screen for literally anything and everything. Very useful for a slab.
    Mansuet likes this.
    11-04-18 05:08 AM
    Still trying to figure out this whole Android thing, but I loaded the BB Suite onto my LG G7 using Cobalt 's hack primarily to get the Hub and keyboard.

Works, but there seems to be a few gotchas, especially texts and voice mails not displaying in the Hub, and unable to enable voice-to-text. Also not clear on which Calendar and Contacts apps to use.

Currently using Microsoft Launcher.
    11-06-18 10:55 AM
    I wonder how much money BB loses from Cobalt's hacks, lol.
    I don't think Hub+ subscription plans are available for consumers, though? Hopefully the cash from BB Mobile is paying for it.
    11-06-18 05:41 PM
    I wonder how much money BB loses from Cobalt's hacks, lol.
    Less than they would make if they put the keyboard in the subscription.
    00stryder likes this.
    11-06-18 05:44 PM
    I'm using all BlackBerry android software and launcher on a Sony xz2 and couldn't be happier. It's 99% the same experience I had with a dtek60.
    I think Sony makes a perfect combo with BlackBerry suite since Sony's have a rgb led, front facing speakers and no notches. Battery life on the xz2 has been great, easily have about 30% left at midnight after a heavy day of texting, calls, emails, browsing and videos with WiFi, Bluetooth and nfc on all day.
    It'd be a nice feature if BlackBerry could implement an always on vkb in the launcher and lock screen so we too can have all the shortcuts pkb users do.
    11-11-18 03:10 PM
    I'm using all BlackBerry android software and launcher on a Sony xz2 and couldn't be happier. It's 99% the same experience I had with a dtek60.
    I think Sony makes a perfect combo with BlackBerry suite since Sony's have a rgb led, front facing speakers and no notches. Battery life on the xz2 has been great, easily have about 30% left at midnight after a heavy day of texting, calls, emails, browsing and videos with WiFi, Bluetooth and nfc on all day.
    It'd be a nice feature if BlackBerry could implement an always on vkb in the launcher and lock screen so we too can have all the shortcuts pkb users do.
    Do you have Android P? Must be working nicely with gestures too.
    11-11-18 03:24 PM
    Sony xz2 has android p but for some unknown reason it doesn't have gestures, yet.
    From what I've read, Sony has a good track record for fast security and software updates.
    If the xa2 ultra had a better processor, I'd go with that over the xz2 as it has a 16:9 6" screen, it'd be an absolute breeze to type on with BlackBerry's vkb.
    11-11-18 03:30 PM
    I'm not sure these "gestures" are what you think they are.
    11-11-18 03:59 PM
    Or better yet, what I wish they were

I actually checked them gestures out on a Pixel 3 at the local Best Buy so I think I have a pretty good idea how they work and I am curious to see them implemented on the KEY².

While I can't make up my mind as to what works better for me I am pretty sure I prefer gesture navigation and I am hopeful that given the OS based swipe up app drawer access gesture the current BlackBerry Launcher app drawer icon will be removed.
    11-11-18 04:07 PM
    Though I did have a pretty good understanding as to how these gestures work, I went by Best Buy again to play around with a Pixel.

Given the capacitive keys and the fact that horizontal swipe / gesture is a necessary part of the navigation experience I will not be surprised at all if BlackBerry will decide NOT to support gestures on their KEY2 Pie update build.

If I understand how these gestures work then they require on screen navigation keys which I don’t see happening on the KEY2, on top of the capacitive keys even if disabled.
    11-15-18 10:39 PM
    Wow, as an Xperia user, I am very interested in your setup. Would you mind sharing some screenshots if it's not too troublesome?
    01-21-19 09:28 PM