Hello everyone!

Got some questions with my new KEYone. Will update these as I get more.

1. When the phone is plugged in, the charging notification comes up and there's no way to "swipe" to dismiss it. I don't want to hide all System UI notifications, I just want to be able to dismiss it and it sticks until I unplug the phone.

2. Is there a "dark theme" for the notifications drawer? It's nice how it's organized but it's blinding white when everything else on your phone is in dark mode, and the LED (sadly not AMOLED) is overly bright. (Side note, dark mode for Settings?)

3. Is there a way to be more granular with what Twitter notifications go into the hub? Right now it shows EVERYTHING (including favs, retweet etc) and I just want Direct Messages and Replies only.

4. Fingerprint reader works when I have the device locked for a few minutes but if it's longer than a certain amount of time (Say 15 minutes etc), it requires a PIN to unlock and the fingerprint reader doesn't work. I'm guessing this may have to do with corporate policy but it's really annoying. Any ideas?
    05-10-17 01:53 AM
    Does it have Picture Password?
    05-10-17 02:01 AM
    1. When the phone is plugged in, the charging notification comes up and there's no way to "swipe" to dismiss it. I don't want to hide all System UI notifications, I just want to be able to dismiss it and it sticks until I unplug the phone.
    I don't have the K1 yet, but on Android there are some sticky notifications that just cannot be dismissed. That's probably the case here and I don't think you can do anything about it.

2. Is there a "dark theme" for the notifications drawer? It's nice how it's organized but it's blinding white when everything else on your phone is in dark mode, and the LED (sadly not AMOLED) is overly bright. (Side note, dark mode for Settings?)
    No, there is not. Has been mentioned many times, also in reviews.

4. Fingerprint reader works when I have the device locked for a few minutes but if it's longer than a certain amount of time (Say 15 minutes etc), it requires a PIN to unlock and the fingerprint reader doesn't work. I'm guessing this may have to do with corporate policy but it's really annoying. Any ideas?
    Ugh... can someone please confirm it's not really the case? A fingerprint sensor should always be available to use. It's the most secure locking mechanism, requiring PIN makes no sense at all. If it really is the way you write, we should riot and make BB update it asap.
    05-10-17 06:30 AM
    Ugh... can someone please confirm it's not really the case? A fingerprint sensor should always be available to use. It's the most secure locking mechanism, requiring PIN makes no sense at all. If it really is the way you write, we should riot and make BB update it asap.
    No it is not! It's a convenient way to unlock. Your fingerprint can be stolen, your finger can be used under force or whole sleeping, it is not in anyway the most secure.

Having to open with a pin or password after a certain amount of time is most likely a corporate policy and should be adjustable, but don't kid yourself that fingerprints are the most secure way to unlock (or secure at all).

A dead man's finger will unlock the phone, a dead man will never reveal his password.

Posted via CB10... for now...
    pkcable and Jake2826 like this.
    05-10-17 06:56 AM
    No it is not! It's a convenient way to unlock. Your fingerprint can be stolen, your finger can be used under force or whole sleeping, it is not in anyway the most secure.

Having to open with a pin or password after a certain amount of time is most likely a corporate policy and should be adjustable, but don't kid yourself that fingerprints are the most secure way to unlock (or secure at all).

A dead man's finger will unlock the phone, a dead man will never reveal his password.

Posted via CB10... for now...
    fingerprint are not secure in any way but convenient!

Posted by Passport SE killed by Whatsppp
    pkcable likes this.
    05-10-17 07:00 AM
    I can confirm, mine is on Corp and I only have to use PIN on boot. Go complain to your admin.
    pkcable likes this.
    05-10-17 09:51 AM
    3. Is there a way to be more granular with what Twitter notifications go into the hub? Right now it shows EVERYTHING (including favs, retweet etc) and I just want Direct Messages and Replies only.

Well you can turn off the notifications from your twitter account. That way twitter will send the notifications you selected to the Hub.
    pkcable likes this.
    05-10-17 10:01 AM
    Does it have Picture Password?
    I believe so but I don't use that personally.
    05-10-17 11:17 AM
    I can confirm, mine is on Corp and I only have to use PIN on boot. Go complain to your admin.
    Darn, alright, thanks!
    pkcable likes this.
    05-10-17 11:18 AM

Well you can turn off the notifications from your twitter account. That way twitter will send the notifications you selected to the Hub.
    I want to customize what shows up in the Hub though, and would like that to be different than what is in the Twitter app.
    05-10-17 11:19 AM
    In other news, there are a few more picky things I've found:
    - I can't find any way to turn off the notification light on the calendar. I've customized everything in the app itself and can't seem to turn it off unless I turn off notifications altogether.
    - I miss my Priv screen
    - Antenna reception definitely seems worse

But keyboard and battery power is amazing ������
    05-10-17 11:21 AM
    I want to customize what shows up in the Hub though, and would like that to be different than what is in the Twitter app.
    You can set what you can and can not see in the Hub AND you can have multiple, selectable "views" with different things in them. Open the Hub, then click on the three bars or left side menu icon, THEN scroll down and select Settings, then scroll down to Views. You can click on and open the default view and uncheck or check what you want it to show and/or you can click on Add view to make another view with different stuff. Just name it and check what you want it to show.
    05-10-17 12:17 PM
    altogether.
    - I miss my Priv screen
    - Antenna reception definitely seems worse
    screen a deal breaker?

LTE or Wi-Fi or both?
    05-10-17 12:53 PM
    You can set what you can and can not see in the Hub AND you can have multiple, selectable "views" with different things in them. Open the Hub, then click on the three bars or left side menu icon, THEN scroll down and select Settings, then scroll down to Views. You can click on and open the default view and uncheck or check what you want it to show and/or you can click on Add view to make another view with different stuff. Just name it and check what you want it to show.
    Thank you very much that's super helpful
    05-10-17 03:24 PM
    screen a deal breaker?

LTE or Wi-Fi or both?
    Not sure if it's a deal breaker yet but I miss the nearly "lightless" AMOLED from the Priv. This new LED is super bright and I had to download Lux to make it even manageable. At night I notice a huge difference where it's a bit too bright.

The touchscreen seems way less sensitive as well and I have to press a few times really hard to get things to register (I have small/average fingers) and the Android capacitive buttons don't respond very well either. But maybe I'll get used to it

Mobile signal seems bad, WiFi totally fine! But Priv had an exceptional antenna and so I guess I was spoiled

For this price of phone you can't put everything in so I understand there are tradeoffs. Would happily pay more for a premium version in the same form factor that had a couple upgraded components like a better screen.
    05-10-17 03:28 PM
    Question... does anyone know how to change the keyboard scrolling speed?

At the moment it's quite slow/finicky and in mobile view rather than scroll down straight you hit the "sideways" scroll quite a bit which changes the browser to try and go to a next page instead of down which is a super weird experience.
    05-10-17 03:29 PM
    Question... does anyone know how to change the keyboard scrolling speed?

At the moment it's quite slow/finicky and in mobile view rather than scroll down straight you hit the "sideways" scroll quite a bit which changes the browser to try and go to a next page instead of down which is a super weird experience.
    No you can't change the speed. Hopefully they fix in future updates.
    05-11-17 06:36 AM
    Not sure if it's a deal breaker yet but I miss the nearly "lightless" AMOLED from the Priv. This new LED is super bright and I had to download Lux to make it even manageable. At night I notice a huge difference where it's a bit too bright. .
    Does it have a built in blue light filter?
    05-12-17 08:15 AM
    Does it have a built in blue light filter?
    No there is no Blue Filter or Night Mode, However it can be achieved VIA any 3rd Party app.
    05-12-17 01:55 PM
    No there is no Blue Filter or Night Mode, However it can be achieved VIA any 3rd Party app.
    i thought that was built into Android now? I have used Twilight for a long time, but it is a battery suck, and the built in one on my S8+ works so smooth. I guess that is a Samsung thing
    05-12-17 02:48 PM
    Choose an option when you plug in the charger or ignore it. It will charge and work as normal unless you select boost mode.

Extend your device lock settings.

The device still locks when you press the power button, but only needs a fingerprint scan to unlock. There's two different device locks. My workplace email has a security certificate that doesn't allow for fingerprint scanners. Luckily I can still accept that certificate and extend the passkey device lock but still use the fingerprint scanner withing those parameters.
    05-12-17 07:26 PM
    Choose an option when you plug in the charger or ignore it. It will charge and work as normal unless you select boost mode.

The device still locks when you press the power button, but only needs a fingerprint scan to unlock. There's two different device locks. My workplace email has a security certificate that doesn't allow for fingerprint scanners. Luckily I can still accept that certificate and extend the passkey device lock but still use the fingerprint scanner withing those parameters.
    Thanks! Can you explain these a bit more step by step? I think that's what I want to do but don't quite understand how you achieved both of those.
    05-13-17 09:06 PM

Thanks! Can you explain these a bit more step by step? I think that's what I want to do but don't quite understand how you achieved both of those.
    05-13-17 09:06 PM