Had a Blackberry Keyone for 33 days when switching on it sticks in the android boot up sequence of the triangle, square and circle, have tried running the battery down and recharging but all that happened was the sequence ran for 15 hours and started again after re charging when switched on again. Any advice would be great as retailer will only offer repair not replacement, need phone now not in two weeks after retailer has tried to fix it.
    08-01-17 03:35 PM
    Hello, Try holding down the power button for at least 32 seconds while the Android boot up has begun. Good luck
    08-02-17 07:46 AM
    Didnt work just keep restarting
    08-02-17 12:16 PM
    Press and hold power and volume down key at the same time to get into boot menu! Did that work?
    08-02-17 01:44 PM
    Yes, I get four options, 1. Barcodes; 2. Continue the bootup - this just continues the android loop; 3. Reboot into fastboot - this switches off the screen for a second or 2 then returns to the boot menu and 4. Turn off the device- that works in so far as it turns off the device. Am I the only one to be experiencing this, so far not impressed with this device and have always used BB, wondering now whether I should have sold my soul to android and bought a samsung, don't worry won't be buying an iphone anytime ever!
    08-03-17 02:34 AM
    I had mine 5 weeks (CDMA from amazon) and suddenly it wouldn't turn on, I kept pressing the power button then it would flicker on for a minute and shut off. Finally I got it to turn on and I rebooted it successfully, but that scared me so much I returned it to amazon for refund. I've heard of others with this power issue too, there is a thread around here somewhere about it. I really miss that phone, but I'm hoping to rebuy it down the road after they get all the problems sorted out
    08-04-17 08:20 AM
    I have tried returning it to Carphone Warhouse for a replacement but as I had it over 30 days (33 days) all they will offer is a repair but my concern is that it will do the same thing I will be stuck with duff handset. I have contacted Blackberry Mobile for support but all they have done is give me a Case Number and no advice. It is now 25 days since the phone stopped working and despite numerous e-mails to Carphone Warehouse no further in resolving issue, all they can offer is to repair the handset, which I don't think complies with Consumer Rights Act. It seemed to be a good phone when it worked, currently trying the Android hack on my old BB Classic with mixed results.
    08-06-17 11:25 AM
    I am having the same problem. Did you find a solution or did you have to throw it away?
    02-18-18 11:52 PM
    Was this ever resolved? Having same issue.
    04-30-18 12:10 PM
    Send it in under warranty?
    04-30-18 02:20 PM
    Send it in under warranty?
    The back had separated several months ago, but now it's really bad since I lifted it off an adhesive on a phone case. I don't think this is the cause of the issue, but I'm concerned they'll blame me for the dysfunction of the phone.

I'm looking for my receipt from Best Buy today. I'm close to a year.
    04-30-18 04:41 PM
    The back had separated several months ago, but now it's really bad since I lifted it off an adhesive on a phone case. I don't think this is the cause of the issue, but I'm concerned they'll blame me for the dysfunction of the phone.

I'm looking for my receipt from Best Buy today. I'm close to a year.
    Do it anyway. If they blame you, then they'll send it back as it was without a fix. They won't charge you, and they don't take payment information prior to the repair. What's the worst that will happen? You'll get back the same dead phone you sent in.
    PritK likes this.
    05-01-18 10:36 AM
    Do it anyway. If they blame you, then they'll send it back as it was without a fix. They won't charge you, and they don't take payment information prior to the repair. What's the worst that will happen? You'll get back the same dead phone you sent in.

thanks. I will.. still looking for the receipt. Have box, etc. Should be around.
    05-01-18 06:44 PM
    thanks. I will.. still looking for the receipt. Have box, etc. Should be around.
    You shouldn't need a receipt for warranty replacement through Blackberry.
    05-02-18 10:08 AM
    Ok, so I think it might be resolved! I have another thread I will crosspost this to, but today I wiped it again..just for the heck of it. Instead of signing in with my google acct, I just started fresh. It was working! I tried to trigger the issue, and no issues. So, I went back and logged in and restored my apps/data. No issue still. I took it to a phone repair shop and he took it apart and said the Power IC chip was bad. He replaced it. $55 and said if the issue comes back within a few weeks, he 'd refund the cost!

I did call BB support today, and they weren't able to help much over the phone. I cannot find my receipt (even though it launched in May 2017 and I cannot therefore own it for over the 12 month warranty yet). The woman on the phone said i can send it to the BB repair center, but that takes 7-10 days. I cannot be w/o phone for that long, and w/o a receipt, she couldn't say if they'd service it out of warranty or not.

So, that's why I took it locally, and I'm hoping that helps the issue!!!

I also looked online earlier and these can be symptoms of a bad motherboard.

HTH anyone in the future.

Thanks for all the help.
    psychofox13 likes this.
    05-02-18 04:20 PM
    well, that didn't help after all. So, I shipped it to BB repair, and that was going on 2 weeks ago. No updates, aside from still on FedEx truck for the last week. Cannot connect to anyone who can give good information. I will never get another BB again based on the customer service experience alone with this return.
    05-21-18 09:31 PM