Been a long time user of a Samsung S7 and will be finally pulling the plug on it an upgrade to an S20 FE. I've been using the Blackberry Keyboard installed through Cobalt's BB Manager platform (now defunct). I absolutely love it. I intend to continue to use this keyboard on my new phone if at all possible (have an APK backup of it) but wanted to know if there is a way to backup/export my personal dictionary / learned words / word substitution so that I can transfer it to the new phone. I also have a paid subscription to the Hub+ services via google play.

I have not been able to find a definitive answer anywhere. People have suggested to the the BB Content Transfer App but I have not seen anyone actually report their results. I'm also not sure if the Samsung and Google backup functions will save the dictionary data for the BB Keyboard.

I really don't want to lose 6 years worth of word customization. Any feedback would be appreciated.
    01-22-22 02:35 PM
    Been a long time user of a Samsung S7 and will be finally pulling the plug on it an upgrade to an S20 FE. I've been using the Blackberry Keyboard installed through Cobalt's BB Manager platform (now defunct). I absolutely love it. I intend to continue to use this keyboard on my new phone if at all possible (have an APK backup of it) but wanted to know if there is a way to backup/export my personal dictionary / learned words / word substitution so that I can transfer it to the new phone. I also have a paid subscription to the Hub+ services via google play.

I have not been able to find a definitive answer anywhere. People have suggested to the the BB Content Transfer App but I have not seen anyone actually report their results. I'm also not sure if the Samsung and Google backup functions will save the dictionary data for the BB Keyboard.

I really don't want to lose 6 years worth of word customization. Any feedback would be appreciated.
    Consider it gone. No tool exists to migrate, export, or import.

Since you're starting fresh, try SwiftKey. It has cloud suport, and you can sync across multiple devices. It also has swipe-back to erase, and word substitution.
    01-22-22 04:34 PM
    There's no way to transfer that information.

I've used the BlackBerry keyboard across 3 devices now. First with the S8, then S9, and now the S20 FE. I just start all over each time.

I have SwiftKey, and tried it several times, but just don't like it as much.

I am using the SwiftKey keyboard on my Fire HD 8 tablet, but that's not a daily use device.

Sent from my SM-G781U using CB Forums mobile app

Wait... when did this app start adding this signature^^?
    01-22-22 08:10 PM
    I've tried SwiftKey before but didn't like it.

We can grow artificial meat yet no one can figure out a way to transfer this data lol.
    Praeses likes this.
    01-22-22 08:55 PM