Hi,

Sometimes I get an automatic space after the last word, before a punctuation. I don't want that. Very strange it goes and comes and I have no idea how? I could not find any option to turn this off forever. auto prediction and auto correction is all Off.

Does anybody know how this works?

I don't want an auto space before a punctuation.

Thank you
    08-23-19 09:46 AM
    As far as I can tell it's an Android bug. Gboard has this feature under Beta given they cannot perfect it. At least Google go the extra mile by giving the user an option it turn it off...
    08-23-19 10:16 AM
    So there is no option to turn this off within the bb keyboard app? sometimes it turn it goes away..but I have no idea how...and it comes back after a while..
    08-28-19 01:31 AM
    So there is no option to turn this off within the bb keyboard app? sometimes it turn it goes away..but I have no idea how...and it comes back after a while..
    Not that I know of.
    08-28-19 01:46 AM
    Have you checked the settings?

Settings - Language and input - Keyboard settings - BlackBerry keyboard - Prediction and correction.

There check the switch at "double-tap...". If it is activated, deactivate it once and restart your smartphone. Then activate "Double-tap..." again.

Helped my KEYone about a year ago. Worth a try.
    08-28-19 02:59 AM
    Thank you. I tried it, but it did not work. I did notice that when I change the language layout (french to dutch) the extra space goes away. I wish that was a solution but very sadly, after all these years asking BB still has not made an AZERTY dutch layout, so we can only use the French version. I hope one time, they remember that there are millions dutch speaking people using the AZERTY layout and not QWERTY.

For now I still wish I could turn off this extra space, it is very annoying
    08-28-19 03:33 AM
    They never really took care of the German language either, why should you Dutchmen be better off?
    08-28-19 03:55 AM
    Thank you. I tried it, but it did not work. I did notice that when I change the language layout (french to dutch) the extra space goes away. I wish that was a solution but very sadly, after all these years asking BB still has not made an AZERTY dutch layout, so we can only use the French version. I hope one time, they remember that there are millions dutch speaking people using the AZERTY layout and not QWERTY.

For now I still wish I could turn off this extra space, it is very annoying
    In french there is space before the . ? !

So the azerty is probably set to add it automatically.
    09-03-19 11:33 AM
    Did not know that. Still strange there is not always a space...maybe the app is confused. My keyboard layout is French azerty but my language setting is Dutch. It is the only option to use my language in the correct layout. Sad that they do not really care about fixing the Dutch AZERTY. I asked many times.
    09-03-19 11:42 AM
    Tried out swiftkey (have not tried any other) today. I still prefer BB keyboard, but with swiftkey I have my language in the correct layout and no extra space.
    09-04-19 01:03 AM
    Same here. I tried swift keyboard and it is such a great experience in terms of latest features, customization and predictions even with 2 languages added.

Wish BlackBerry would have sold keyboard IP to Microsoft and then they would have implemented the flick prediction on swift keyboard.
    nevilleadaniels likes this.
    09-04-19 09:26 AM