Hello,

Over the past 2 system updates I've noticed that the default TCL provided BlackBerry Files app no longer handles / installs APK files. It doesn't even appear in system settings as an app which can request permission to install APK.

Anyone have the same issue? Fortunately at first boot, the system file explorer under settings -> storage can install apks, but very annoying that the default file manager cant any longer.
    Linlithgow0 likes this.
    10-14-19 04:37 AM
    Hello,

Over the past 2 system updates I've noticed that the default TCL provided BlackBerry Files app no longer handles / installs APK files. It doesn't even appear in system settings as an app which can request permission to install APK.

Anyone have the same issue? Fortunately at first boot, the system file explorer under settings -> storage can install apks, but very annoying that the default file manager cant any longer.
    No issue here.
    10-14-19 07:06 AM
    Hello,

Another thread going on this topic...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1177177

Posted via CB10
    10-14-19 07:12 AM
    It seems to be affecting Super Backup Pro as well.

On the Key2, BlackBerry File Manager cannot function APK installs from the drive or from SD card.

Super Backup pro can write it's backups to the main drive but can no longer backup to SD card even with all the correct settings in place.

Something changed in the latest Android update.
    10-14-19 07:25 AM