Hello.
    BlackBerry DTEK60 is more secure or BlackBerry Priv? Which one recommended by BlackBerry experts and security experts?

Thank you.
    11-17-16 12:30 PM
    what kind of security do you need?
    11-17-16 12:47 PM
    OS is essentially identical. Security of all three BlackBerry Android devices are equivalent. It is a question of your preferred form factor, and price point.
    11-17-16 12:49 PM
    The vast majority of security factors are shared between devices (root of trust, quick patching, hardened kernel, etc.); about the only negative can be if you're locked onto an update schedule that's slower than monthly, i.e. you're on an American carrier with a Priv, or you're on a factory unlocked DTEK50 in Europe (unless they fixed that).

You should be evaluating price, spec and network compatibility instead.
    11-17-16 01:42 PM
    DTEK60 any time.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-16 06:11 PM
    Just be prepared to go crazy trying to change the LED and then experience that WTF moment when you find out the DTEK 60 only has a red led.

Oh wait I saved you
    11-20-16 02:01 AM
    I got a PRIV - worst decision ever. Definitely get a DTEK60! The DTEK60 is more secure, has better specs and is cheaper than the PRIV. BlackBerry didn't know what they were doing with the PRIV because it was their 1st Android phone it's a hot mess.
    11-20-16 10:50 PM
    I got a PRIV - worst decision ever. Definitely get a DTEK60! The DTEK60 is more secure, has better specs and is cheaper than the PRIV. BlackBerry didn't know what they were doing with the PRIV because it was their 1st Android phone it's a hot mess.
    How is the Dtek 60 more secure? And how is the Priv a hot mess?
    11-20-16 11:41 PM
    And how is the Priv a hot mess?
    Taking it literally, the Snapdragon 820 vs 808 makes quite a bit of difference.
    11-21-16 12:32 AM
    I got a PRIV - worst decision ever. Definitely get a DTEK60! The DTEK60 is more secure, has better specs and is cheaper than the PRIV.
    DTEK60 cheaper than the Priv?

Don't think so, certainly not in the UK. The DTEK60 is approximately �80 more than the Priv.

Also on what basis would you say the DTEK60 is more secure than the Priv? I thought security patches were on a par with each other.

Posted via CB10
    Hazo likes this.
    11-21-16 03:22 AM
    The Priv is a bargain now compared to the DTEK60

Posted via CB10
    11-21-16 12:25 PM
    Would also say priv even more so with the black Friday sale a great deal.
    11-21-16 03:11 PM
    Taking it literally, the Snapdragon 820 vs 808 makes quite a bit of difference.
    Fair enough, but it seems that with MM overheating isn't really an issue. I've never really had this on my Priv.
    11-21-16 08:06 PM
    Seriously.....does anyone have an actual fact-based reason why the DTEK60 is more secure than the Priv? The heat issue depends on the amount of apps and such....otherwise.... what's the biggest difference?

Posted via CB10
    11-22-16 03:59 AM
    Seriously.....does anyone have an actual fact-based reason why the DTEK60 is more secure than the Priv? The heat issue depends on the amount of apps and such....otherwise.... what's the biggest difference?

Posted via CB10
    As stated earlier, security is the same with all BlackBerry Android devices.

The differentiation between them is simply a matter of specs and form factor.
    Randal Yandal likes this.
    11-22-16 06:40 AM
    Fair enough, but it seems that with MM overheating isn't really an issue. I've never really had this on my Priv.
    Yeah it's getting lesser these days but still sometimes I got the "phone too hot" notification appears after a shot of tasks bombarding my PRIV....
    11-23-16 06:40 AM
    Hello.
    BlackBerry DTEK60 is more secure or BlackBerry Priv? Which one recommended by BlackBerry experts and security experts?

Thank you.
    PRIV still works great for me. Considering the price it's currently at also, I would highly recommend a priv to anyone even headed into 2017
    11-24-16 01:23 AM
    Can somebody chip in on the expected durability of the Priv?
    I still use a Q10 which will turn four in a few more months. I didn't ever have a screen gaurd or a case for the phone. Even though the Q10 has had a few hundred falls over the past, though scuffed it still works beautifully.
    I already ordered the Priv so I just wanted to know about the durability. Can I expect it to last for atleast 2 years. Do I definitely need a screen guard and a case?

Posted via CB10
    11-25-16 04:22 AM
    DTEK60 cheaper than the Priv?

Don't think so, certainly not in the UK. The DTEK60 is approximately �80 more than the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    Currently the price difference is a whopping �175. I'm sure the DTEK60 is a great device, but with the Priv you get a one of a kind design classic.
    so crow likes this.
    11-25-16 05:54 AM
    Can somebody chip in on the expected durability of the Priv?
    I still use a Q10 which will turn four in a few more months. I didn't ever have a screen gaurd or a case for the phone. Even though the Q10 has had a few hundred falls over the past, though scuffed it still works beautifully.
    I already ordered the Priv so I just wanted to know about the durability. Can I expect it to last for atleast 2 years. Do I definitely need a screen guard and a case?

Posted via CB10
    That's exactly what I was thinking.
    Bought two for my boys Christmas presents and now need to protect them with something that is not going to be expensive or for them 'un cool'!

Posted via CB10
    11-25-16 06:18 AM
    I have had a Priv on AT&T since launch. It is a very good device. I enjoy using the PKB for scrolling and user programmed App shortcuts. Until this month Security updates have been prompt for a locked carrier phone. No phone is perfect, but at its current Black Friday price it is hard to beat.
    11-25-16 10:08 AM
    I have had a Priv on AT&T since launch. It is a very good device. I enjoy using the PKB for scrolling and user programmed App shortcuts. Until this month Security updates have been prompt for a locked carrier phone. No phone is perfect, but at its current Black Friday price it is hard to beat.
    Yup...just got mine today..... and I'm pretty sure I love it! Big change for me from when I first saw it!!
    11-28-16 11:15 PM
    I've had a BlackBerry unlocked Priv for a year now.

I've had it in the BlackBerry flip case since then, but it's held up really well. However, this was after going through 2 or 3 Privs to find one that didn't have a clicky screen.

Sometimes I find the device slow down (which I doubt the 60 would experience), and the battery life seems to be just OK. I'm sure it's because of the Snapdragon 808 and the 1440p screen.

I'll be using this phone for another year. The price for it right now is awesome! You can't beat the monthly updates!
    11-29-16 08:09 AM
    I'd get the priv only if I'm a physical keyboard person. Otherwise dtek all the way, it's a fantastic phone. Since I bought my dtek50 I've tried many high end phones such as Galaxy s7, pixel, LG g5 and Xperia X . They're all great devices but the OS on them suck. BlackBerry version of android is the best..
    11-30-16 10:58 AM