Still stuck in the Dec'18 security update in my Key2 LE. When I reached out to BlackBerry, they washed their hands off saying optiemus will look into it. optiemus on the other hand is a Company that seems to have disappeared from the face of this earth.

Does anyone has any idea on if/when Indian devices would get the latest update?
    anon(10337964) and jevinzac like this.
    06-08-19 04:04 AM
    Still stuck in the Dec'18 security update in my Key2 LE. When I reached out to BlackBerry, they washed their hands off saying optiemus will look into it. optiemus on the other hand is a Company that seems to have disappeared from the face of this earth.

Does anyone has any idea on if/when Indian devices would get the latest update?
    Type *#837837# into the phone dialer to obtain your device PRD and check here to see which OS update you should have - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1381535354

Optiemus is slow to release updates. You might be able to able to find an autoloader with a later OS but India builds are harder to obtain.
    06-09-19 01:31 PM
    Thank you for the details. You are correct, the autoloader for Indian devices is not available anywhere.

What is shocking is that only Indian devices are so far behind updates. I wonder how BlackBerry tolerates lackadaisical approach of such OEMs. It's a big trust buster
    anon(10337964) likes this.
    06-09-19 10:55 PM
    Thank you for the details. You are correct, the autoloader for Indian devices is not available anywhere.

What is shocking is that only Indian devices are so far behind updates. I wonder how BlackBerry tolerates lackadaisical approach of such OEMs. It's a big trust buster
    Optiemus defined the nature of its approach during licencing negotiations. The alternative was no access to the Indian market.

Likewise BB PT Merah Putih and Indonesia.
    06-09-19 11:17 PM
    So are you saying there won't be another update for the Indian market?
    06-10-19 07:25 AM
    So are you saying there won't be another update for the Indian market?
    Ask Optiemus - they are the only ones with the answer.
    06-10-19 08:28 AM
    Optiemus seems like a shell Company. The Helpline numbers don't work, the emails don't get replied, Twitter handle is dead as well. Sad that Blackberry had to collaborate with such a company and dilute their brand.

Better would have been to not launch it in India. True fans would have managed to get it from other countries.
    06-11-19 12:02 PM
    Optiemus seems like a shell Company. The Helpline numbers don't work, the emails don't get replied, Twitter handle is dead as well. Sad that Blackberry had to collaborate with such a company and dilute their brand.

Better would have been to not launch it in India. True fans would have managed to get it from other countries.
    Why? BB got paid for it’s part and Optiemus is BB customer from that perspective. To be upset with BB for doing business with Optiemus would be like if a BB retailer went under and we got mad...
    06-11-19 01:43 PM
    well, I don't fully agree. optiemus is not the retailer here, they are the manufacturer. there are certain standards which I expect blackberry products to adhere to. security is the most basic of that.

if optiemus is not living up to their end of the bargain, consumers won't blame them. most of them wouldn't even know them. they would blame BlackBerry. at the end of the day, it's the blackberry brand that is getting tarnished.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    06-11-19 07:51 PM
    well, I don't fully agree. optiemus is not the retailer here, they are the manufacturer. there are certain standards which I expect blackberry products to adhere to. security is the most basic of that.

if optiemus is not living up to their end of the bargain, consumers won't blame them. most of them wouldn't even know them. they would blame BlackBerry. at the end of the day, it's the blackberry brand that is getting tarnished.
    What brand? Without Optiemus in the licensing territory countries, there’s no brand anymore...

BlackBerry exited mobile hardware almost three years ago. It’s not your father’s BlackBerry according to my kids... The licensees are trying for success where BlackBerry failed.
    Last edited by Chuck Finley69; 06-11-19 at 09:19 PM.
    06-11-19 09:02 PM
    Yes but as a brand, I would want to get into a licensing agreement with a partner that upholds certain values of the brand.

And honestly, it is ok to not have a product than have a suboptimal version.

security is hygiene for every BlackBerry user and you are robbing those users of that.
    06-12-19 07:31 AM
    Yes but as a brand, I would want to get into a licensing agreement with a partner that upholds certain values of the brand.

And honestly, it is ok to not have a product than have a suboptimal version.

security is hygiene for every BlackBerry user and you are robbing those users of that.
    Optiemus chose to license BB as delivered. Had BB required higher commitment, seems obvious that Optiemus would have chosen not to license completely or not produce the VKB device. The choice of some licensing revenue is better than none for BB as it’s all that’s left of mobile business anyway.
    06-12-19 05:01 PM
    well while I agree, as a brand I would have set mandatory guardrails on certain criteria. security is very dear to every BlackBerry user and that is hygiene to every blackberry phone.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    06-14-19 06:11 AM
    well while I agree, as a brand I would have set mandatory guardrails on certain criteria. security is very dear to every BlackBerry user and that is hygiene to every blackberry phone.
    Then you have no BB device in your region. Setting minimum standards isn’t profitable and so the brand just dies.

The only thing many BB users seem to hold dear is for BB to continue making stupid money losing business decisions. Chen has proven otherwise and continues to extract money from the brand.
    06-14-19 06:18 AM
    it's sad that in all this the users suffer. had users known this, they would have procured the brand from abroad instead of getting such suboptimal products.

truly disappointed with the way the product has been launched in india with such shady partners.
    06-15-19 03:18 AM
    it's sad that in all this the users suffer. had users known this, they would have procured the brand from abroad instead of getting such suboptimal products.

truly disappointed with the way the product has been launched in india with such shady partners.
    I understand your frustrations...but unfortunately BB is not anymore the big company was before. Their management it is just interested in monetising, without care for the quality as before. Look at the stock of BB.... It is always having unsatisfactory results....because I think Chen does not convince so much. Time will tell....sure we cannot wait 30 years....
    06-15-19 04:09 AM
    Spread the words of your experience with the Optiemus...and look for a valid alternative like Key2 or another brand (my advice) much more supported...
    06-15-19 04:10 AM
    I have tried to raise a stinker with Optiemus on every possible social forum. I guess the only possible option is to chuck this device and get one shipped from US or let go the blackberry and go for a OnePlus or a Nokia instead (superb support)
    06-15-19 07:26 AM
    And from what I have learnt, even the Key2s are stuck with the December update. unless someone has gone ahead and manually installed the autoloader, there is no respite.
    06-15-19 07:28 AM
    BB Key2 user from Beirut, Lebanon here.
    Got my Key2 in 2018, from the official Blackberry retailer here in Beirut.
    It came out that my device is manufactured by Optiemus, still stuck with December update.
    Why use a Blackberry if not for security a nd monthly updates? A shame...
    06-15-19 01:59 PM
    It came out that my device is manufactured by Optiemus, still stuck with December update.
    You wouldn't have the issue it you had bought the device variant intended for your region. Ask your seller why they imported an Indian variant.
    06-15-19 09:29 PM
    You wouldn't have the issue it you had bought the device variant intended for your region. Ask your seller why they imported an Indian variant.
    My Key2 box says the device is manufactured by TCL Communications (China), and imported by Optiemus (India)...
    06-16-19 12:39 AM
    My Key2 box says the device is manufactured by TCL communications (China), and imported by Optiemus (India)...
    06-16-19 04:36 AM
    My Key2 box says the device is manufactured by TCL communications (China), and imported by Optiemus (India)...
    Which means the seller did indeed sell you the Optiemus licensed version intended for India as that’s not a BBMo/TCL market.
    06-16-19 12:52 PM
    Where did you buy it in Beirut? At Class shops? I only saw them having BB in Beirut. The Key2 prices are cheaper than in Europe, while the Keyone have still ilarious prices (350 usd). Unfortunately I did not see any BB LE.
    06-16-19 05:50 PM
26 12