Is the blackberry android OS just as secure as the BB10 OS?
    10-06-17 12:45 PM
    Hard to say. Depends on the attack vector. Security has a multitude of components.

The fact is that BlackBerry Android, managed by an EMM solution is secure enough for 99.999% of enterprise and government users.
    Troy Tiscareno and Zaiah86 like this.
    10-06-17 12:56 PM
    Simple answer: No. Old article below but still NO.
    https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer...ms-of-security
    10-06-17 07:42 PM
    Simple answer: No. Old article below but still NO.
    https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer...ms-of-security
    Gotta actually read the article you posted from one year ago:

""The goal is to make the Android security level the same as BB10. There's still a gap right now, but this gap will hopefully be gone within the next six to eight months," he said.

Chen added that the gap will be closed through a combination of BlackBerry's super-secret project and the impending release of the next version of Google's software, Android 7.0 Nougat."
    10-06-17 08:05 PM
    Old article, yes. Gap still not closed even with most recent version of Android. BlackBerry adds some root of trust protection to their version of Android but it is still not on par with BB10.
    rayporsche and KD07 like this.
    10-06-17 08:36 PM
    Old article, yes. Gap still not closed even with most recent version of Android. BlackBerry adds some root of trust protection to their version of Android but it is still not on par with BB10.
    Do you have a citation for this info or should we just take your word for it?
    10-06-17 08:39 PM
    Blackberry Android is still not STIG certified. That tells you all you need to know. https://www.stigviewer.com
    10-06-17 08:55 PM
    Blackberry Android is still not STIG certified. That tells you all you need to know. https://www.stigviewer.com
    That's just a certification they may not have even applied for - and if they did, the process might not yet be complete. This fact doesn't mean anything more than that.
    10-06-17 08:58 PM
    Good article :-)

Posted via CB10
    10-06-17 09:03 PM
    That's just a certification they may not have even applied for - and if they did, the process might not yet be complete. This fact doesn't mean anything more than that.
    Well until the product is reviewed and certified by experts, you can go with what you believe.
    Blackberry flaunts their certifications. If Blackdroid worthy ....you would see the BlackBerry blog. It may get there one day. Not there yet
    rayporsche likes this.
    10-06-17 09:17 PM
    Well until the product is reviewed and certified by experts, you can go with what you believe.
    Blackberry flaunts their certifications. If Blackdroid worthy ....you would see the BlackBerry blog. It may get there one day. Not there yet
    It takes years sometimes to get these certifications. The first BlackBerry Nougat device launched in May.

It's odd that you believe BlackBerry when they tell you BB10 is secure, but don't when they tell you BlackBerry Nougat is just as secure.
    10-06-17 09:20 PM
    It takes years sometimes to get these certifications. The first BlackBerry Nougat device launched in May.

It's odd that you believe BlackBerry when they tell you BB10 is secure, but don't when they tell you BlackBerry Nougat is just as secure.
    If blackberry secured android OS do you think they can secure other OS’s?
    10-07-17 02:00 AM
    If blackberry secured android OS do you think they can secure other OS’s?
    Like what?
    10-07-17 07:11 AM
    Hard to say. Depends on the attack vector. Security has a multitude of components.

The fact is that BlackBerry Android, managed by an EMM solution is secure enough for 99.999% of enterprise and government users.
    Not sure about the other Canadian banks, but the one I work for still does not allow for Android on our phones. It's bb10 or IOS still. Sadly. I want them to pay for a new KEYᵒⁿᵉ
    10-09-17 07:00 PM

They are able to start certification process before launching.

Android can't be so secure as OS10 because of its architecture of OS and services.
    Android by Blackberry is till now not rooted or compromised.
    10-10-17 12:50 AM
    They are able to start certification process before launching.

Android can't be so secure as OS10 because of its architecture of OS and services.
    Android by Blackberry is till now not rooted or compromised.
    I said this and will say this again: root access is not evil or something that should be feared. Customers have had root access on their desktop computers for decades now, and the world somehow still survived.

The problem would be to get root access through exploits by someone who shouldn't have root access.
    rayporsche likes this.
    10-11-17 04:51 AM
    If I had the choice (and I do actually) I would definitely buy a blackdroid (getting a K1 soon) , even if they still said blackdroid is (still) not as secure as BB os, they will get there sometime im sure 😊
    10-22-17 03:53 PM
    Last edited by Gokulraj gr; 10-29-17 at 11:15 PM.
    rayporsche likes this.
    10-29-17 10:17 AM
    Absolutely not!
    [Citation needed]

BlackBerry says it is.

You have to do an effective impact analysis on corporate security to measure.
    10-29-17 10:48 AM
    [Citation needed]

BlackBerry says it is.

You have to do an effective impact analysis on corporate security to measure.
    Last edited by Gokulraj gr; 10-29-17 at 11:15 PM.
    10-29-17 12:35 PM
    No measurement is needed. Since it is know by everyone. I think you is working for google
    BB10 is not compatible with many EMM solutions, EMM secure app suites, and banking apps. Workarounds, if possible, compromise security.

Also, an out of date browser is more vulnerable.

There are multiple attack vectors, and many layers to what is defined as secure.

It's easier to be "secure" when you can't run required apps and solutions, but what good is that? My flip phone is also very secure.

BB10 is more inherently resilient, but the combination of security patches and Integrity Detection on BlackBerry Android compensates for that.

BlackBerry Android is currently receiving the Krack patch. What about BB10?
    Last edited by conite; 10-29-17 at 03:34 PM.
    10-29-17 12:48 PM
    No measurement is needed. Since it is know by everyone. I think you is working for google😂😂
    "Known by everyone" ? What does that even mean and what does everyone know exactly?
    10-29-17 03:07 PM
    Which nuclear power plant critical systems is run by Android/Linux? Which are run by QNX (the base upon which BB10 is built)
    https://www.itbusiness.ca/news/nucle...l-time-os/9084
    10-29-17 10:08 PM
    No measurement is needed. Since it is know by everyone. I think you is working for google😂😂
    "No measurement is needed."
    That statement is enough measurement of your credibility. 😎
    10-29-17 11:02 PM
    Which nuclear power plant critical systems is run by Android/Linux? Which are run by QNX (the base upon which BB10 is built)
    https://www.itbusiness.ca/news/nucle...l-time-os/9084
    Apples and oranges.
    10-29-17 11:28 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD