I had an interesting conversation at the last meet up about the multitask screen. No one else has ever seen the multi app multi tasking screen on any other android phone.

For my usage, the BlackBerry 10 style multi task screen is very useful. But I have not seen it on other android phones.

Does it exist on other Android?
    Attached Thumbnails is BlackBerry Android the only Android phone with the BlackBerry 10 multitask screen?-3106.jpg  
    zer0ten likes this.
    12-23-17 09:23 AM
    yes it exists with other roms or launchers
    12-23-17 09:31 AM
    @howarmat

Which launchers and roms for example? I've been looking and can't find anything that does it.
    skstrials likes this.
    12-23-17 09:48 AM
    yes it exists with other roms or launchers
    I would like to know this as well. I have not seen it on any other launchers.
    12-23-17 04:15 PM
    LG might have something like it with their software. I have seen similar setups elsewhere but cant remember off top my head. Might have been an option in Nova launcher even
    12-23-17 04:43 PM
    @howarmat

Which launchers and roms for example? I've been looking and can't find anything that does it.
    LG G3 has it.

https://m.androidcentral.com/how-cha...itching-layout

HTC Sense 7.0 UI

https://www.pocket-lint.com/phones/b...anges-reviewed

Also look at WM10. Nice multitasking...

Last edited by bbfanfan; 12-23-17 at 05:21 PM.
    howarmat likes this.
    12-23-17 04:54 PM
    Nice find

It is such a useful feature, but it is weird that both of the options you showed are on older Android phones.
    12-23-17 09:29 PM
    its because stock Android has gone with the card view and other OEMs have followed for Nougat and up. BB has kept it because most have come from BB10 and are used to grid view.
    12-24-17 04:08 AM
    its because stock Android has gone with the card view and other OEMs have followed for Nougat and up. BB has kept it because most have come from BB10 and are used to grid view.
    The card system is just so ugly and unintuitive. Can't believe it's the standard. For true multitasking, which android generally sucks at, it's terrible. I want to see a grid of open apps. Not a bunch of cards that are clunky to flip through and hard to target and see what you want.
    12-24-17 06:51 PM
    The card system is just so ugly and unintuitive. Can't believe it's the standard. For true multitasking, which android generally sucks at, it's terrible. I want to see a grid of open apps. Not a bunch of cards that are clunky to flip through and hard to target and see what you want.
    its literally the same thing. just viewed differently. Functionally nothing is different.
    Kat580 likes this.
    12-24-17 06:54 PM
    its literally the same thing. just viewed differently. Functionally nothing is different.
    Exactly what I said. Your point is?
    12-24-17 07:15 PM
    Actually, they are not the same. BlackBerry 10 style multi task screen can show more than 8 apps available for switching between tasks.

With a newer card based multi tasking, it not only shows 5 apps max, but the user has to swipe to get to the wanted App.

The BlackBerry 10 style multi task screen is a better use of space.
    Jake2826 likes this.
    12-25-17 08:37 AM
    it has its root in WebOS, one of the head designers moved to Google years ago and brought consistency to Android in Google Assistant, brower tabs, and recent card view . I'm sure there may be an option to have grid view on some phones and definitely in custom roms but the yes the default is card now.
    12-25-17 12:59 PM
    Just for clarity, are we talking about Widgets or is there a separate multi tasking function/option? I am playing around with a DTek 60.

Sent from my Awesome Z30
    12-25-17 02:08 PM
    I've seen it on Google Pixel, and I think Samsung Galaxy has it too.
    It's an important feature, I can't imagine a smartphone without multitask.
    12-25-17 02:33 PM
    If your talking about being able to see all the pages that's opened then every phone I own has it. I have Nexus, LG, Samsung, BlackBerry, iPhone and I think that it. It's just the app drawer your talking about right?
    12-26-17 05:14 AM
    Sorry I didn't mean app drawer.. I mean (Recent Pages). Every phone has them but some look different but only a few like BlackBerry allows you to change the layout as far as I know.
    12-26-17 05:22 AM
    I recall that there are 3 options for the layout of recently used apps on the K1. Not a feature on other phones? Or just not the types of layouts?
    12-26-17 07:46 AM
    Actually BB10 style is different an more intuitive. The rolodex style is a pain cause you have to swipe and roll the cards by and you have to catch the the one you want by the limited partial view of the card and color. I often swipe by and either miss it or have to go through the whole process again due to selecting the wrong card next to it due to being filed so close together when there are many cards open.

The BB10 style is clearer making it easier to select the card you want without error. There is no question that it is better having each card clearly displayed in grid view. Yes you can fit more cards in a rolodex but what is the point if it's not as functional or accurate for selection.

Android should at least offer an option to choose between the two and sizing of the cards.
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 01-20-18 at 09:27 AM.
    skstrials, zer0ten and Akhaliq8 like this.
    12-26-17 08:19 AM
    I recall that there are 3 options for the layout of recently used apps on the K1. Not a feature on other phones? Or just not the types of layouts?
    Every phone will come with a recent apps screen but only the card view is available, but no BlackBerry 10 style tiles like posted on the original post.
    12-26-17 09:02 AM
    I think it's what the developers like. If the develop liked the tile view, you'd bet he'd make a way to have it.
    12-30-17 12:54 AM
    I think it's what the developers like. If the develop liked the tile view, you'd bet he'd make a way to have it.
    Or they are just lazy
    01-20-18 09:38 AM
    I've seen it on Google Pixel, and I think Samsung Galaxy has it too.
    It's an important feature, I can't imagine a smartphone without multitask.
    The Pixel only looks like this.

Flicked via the BlackBerry keyboard on my Pixel 2
    Attached Thumbnails is BlackBerry Android the only Android phone with the BlackBerry 10 multitask screen?-screenshot_20180122-080211.jpg  
    01-22-18 07:02 AM
    Me too, I like it very much
    02-20-18 01:22 PM
    Look what I got guys
    Attached Thumbnails is BlackBerry Android the only Android phone with the BlackBerry 10 multitask screen?-screenshot_2018-02-20-20-29-30.png  
    02-20-18 01:33 PM
46 12