I went to Bestbuy (Canada) to look at phone. My priv is not doing well, I need a upgrade. I wanted to try out a few phones.

They had every Android phone I can think of but NO BlackBerry. Even though they sell it online.

Disappointed BlackBerry is not very much included for Android phones in the stores.

Anyway... I have been waiting for this year's BlackBerry but there is none (so far). If they don't hurry, I will have to get something else.

(Keyone and motion are too old for me to buy since I don't know if they will excuse them from update, soon. And I already got shoved out with the priv). Also disappointed with no further updates on priv 🤔😵

I can't imagine myself with BB but it may happen 😯
    04-02-18 01:38 PM
    I went to Bestbuy (Canada) to look at phone. My priv is not doing well, I need a upgrade. I wanted to try out a few phones.

They had every Android phone I can think of but NO BlackBerry. Even though they sell it online.

Disappointed BlackBerry is not very much included for Android phones in the stores.

Anyway... I have been waiting for this year's BlackBerry but there is none (so far). If they don't hurry, I will have to get something else.

(Keyone and motion are too old for me to buy since I don't know if they will excuse them from update, soon. And I already got shoved out with the priv). Also disappointed with no further updates on priv

I can't imagine myself with BB but it may happen
    KEYᵒⁿᵉ and Motion have at least 2 more years of security patches (minimum 3 years in total). Oreo is also coming this summer.
    towngirl likes this.
    04-02-18 02:36 PM
    Well I only got not quite 2 yrs from priv. Which you could not anticipate, since we didn't know. Not risking it, again. I am sure it won't last almost 3 yrs.
    04-02-18 02:39 PM
    Well I only got not quite 2 yrs from priv. Which you could not anticipate, since we didn't know. Not risking it, again. I am sure it won't last almost 3 yrs.
    The Priv is a BlackBerry device. They left the hardware business a year and a half ago.

The KEYᵒⁿᵉ and Motion are from TCL (different company). They have committed in writing to 3 years of support, and this has been confirmed by Google when they made the KEYᵒⁿᵉ and Motion part of their "Enterprise Recommended" devices (all of which require 3 years of updates to be accepted).

https://androidenterprisepartners.wi...s/browse-all/2
    04-02-18 02:41 PM
    At least that makes sense.

They messed me over once. For lots of money. Hard to trust. The might have done me in.
    04-02-18 03:14 PM
    At least that makes sense.

They messed me over once. For lots of money. Hard to trust. The might have done me in.
    The company that "messed you over" is unrelated to TCL - apart from being a simple vendor.
    04-02-18 03:15 PM
    The company that "messed you over" is unrelated to TCL - apart from being a simple vendor.
    Although, to be fair, dropping the Priv after two years flat is better than what TCL is capable of.
    04-02-18 05:28 PM
    Although, to be fair, dropping the Priv after two years flat is better than what TCL is capable of.
    Thank goodness for "disable".
    Carjackd likes this.
    04-02-18 05:30 PM
    lol I had to clean it up. Not what I really meant.

To me, it's all BlackBerry. Whatever or whomever makes it.

You can't help but trust them just a little bit less, to give money to. It's the first time we spent that much on a phone and what now. Nothing
    04-02-18 05:37 PM
    lol I had to clean it up. Not what I really meant.

To me, it's all BlackBerry. Whatever or whomever makes it.

You can't help but trust them just a little bit less, to give money to. It's the first time we spent that much on a phone and what now. Nothing
    90% of Android phones sold in 2015 had two years or less of support. I wouldn't exactly call that being ripped off.

Time goes on, and expectations and standards improve. Now we get three years with TCL BlackBerry-branded devices.
    04-02-18 05:39 PM
    Wow. That is pretty bad lol

I was looking forward to 2018 phones by BlackBerry but there is no info available, at the moment.

Maybe a keyone2
    04-02-18 06:09 PM
    They have a KEYone on display at my Best Buy and quite a few others.
    towngirl likes this.
    04-04-18 09:37 PM
    Not the one I was at. But it's good some do. The mall has it at Bell
    04-04-18 09:52 PM
    It’s really going to come down to how long that Priv will hold out. Two more physical keyboard devices coming this year, although that may not necessarily mean two completely different devices, it may mean something like a KEYtwo and a KEYtwo pro,. If that is the case and you are looking for longevity out of a device you may wish to go with the one with better specs
    04-04-18 10:40 PM
    my opinion on the current silver KEYone I got on launch day in NA (May 31st) is that it is the closest to a perfect phone as I have gotten so far, for myself and my needs. I loved the 2 day battery when i got it, but now it's more like a day and a half
    04-05-18 04:09 PM
    I would not be waiting for a device that hasn't been set in stone for a release date. If I didn't have a Keyone today, I would still shoot for it because of how good it is now. I upgraded from a PRIV to the Black edition Keyone.

The black one is the more current one anyway. With the 4gb of ram and 64gb of storage felt like a true upgrade to me. I wouldn't hesitate to pick it up if I could.
    04-06-18 10:48 AM
    They have a KEYone on display at my Best Buy and quite a few others.
    I just called two BB near me and I ask if they had Motion in stock. Both said... "sorry, we don't stock BlackBerry"
    🙁
    04-30-18 04:59 PM
    I just called two BB near me and I ask if they had Motion in stock. Both said... "sorry, we don't stock BlackBerry"
    ������
    My Silver KEYone on launch day May 31st, 2017 was purchased from a local best buy.. though, at the time they only had ONE in stock! lol..

At least it's officially announced that we will have more information regarding the KEY2 on June 7th, 2018!!! can't wait to hear about the camera and the specs. Though, it's tempting to just wait for the KEY3 since there will be so many enhancements in Android P (since it can be gesture-based, i hope they will get rid of the capactive nav keys)
    05-11-18 06:48 PM