Hi Crackberry Forum folks. I've got a few connected questions for you.

Data:

I've had my KeyOne for a little less than a year. In that time my twins were born and of course I took 1000s of photos and videos. As I'm a complete *****, I didn't back up my phone (one part procrastination, one part feeling safe as I've never had BB dramas before). I've done all the reboot fixes listed on this site and tried having the store I bought it from troubleshoot too. It still won't start. Is there ANY way to retrieve this data? I am literally heartbroken (and kicking myself) at the idea of losing all the photos and videos of my kids' first year. I really don't give a sh*t about anything else on that phone - I can get contacts again etc., but some things are irreplaceable.

Why is the KeyOne being such a drama?

I've had a BB forever and never had any problems (the major reason I've stuck with them besides security, the keyboard and an enjoyable user experience). In less than a year of having the KeyOne I've had a screen fall out ($200 fix) and then this boot loop problem. From the questions on this forum I can see I'm not the only one with major KeyOne problems. I DO like the Android OS (oh the apps!), but is this what's causing the problem? What on earth is going on here with my beloved BB?

Recommendations for new phone

I don't want to send my current KeyOne in for repair as they'll wipe the data to fix it. Even if I can't get the data off it now, perhaps in future there will be a technology that can do it (I'm holding on to any hope here!). I've had so many problems with it I just want to get an entirely new phone. I absolutely LOVED it (outside of the technical difficulties). I'm so tempted to just get another one and hope it works better. Should I do that, go to a different BB or venture out of BB territory?

Thanks so much for any points in the right direction!
    04-26-18 08:18 AM
    Did you use Google Photos, did you allow it to backup to the cloud? Did you use Google Backup?

Most every OEM has issues - can't really say if BBMO has more or not. But regardless that's why most people today use the cloud for backups. You can loose or destroy your phone at any time....

You could probable fix you KEYone boot issues with a Factory Reset, and if you used the built-in backup option get "most" of your data back.

If not... the internal drive is encrypted and not accessible outside of the OS, not saying that 500 years from now they won't have tricorders that could simple scan it read it, but I doubt any time soon you'll have that option.
    04-26-18 08:49 AM
    Hi Crackberry Forum folks. I've got a few connected questions for you.

Data:

I've had my KeyOne for a little less than a year. In that time my twins were born and of course I took 1000s of photos and videos. As I'm a complete *****, I didn't back up my phone (one part procrastination, one part feeling safe as I've never had BB dramas before). I've done all the reboot fixes listed on this site and tried having the store I bought it from troubleshoot too. It still won't start. Is there ANY way to retrieve this data? I am literally heartbroken (and kicking myself) at the idea of losing all the photos and videos of my kids' first year. I really don't give a sh*t about anything else on that phone - I can get contacts again etc., but some things are irreplaceable.

Why is the KeyOne being such a drama?

I've had a BB forever and never had any problems (the major reason I've stuck with them besides security, the keyboard and an enjoyable user experience). In less than a year of having the KeyOne I've had a screen fall out ($200 fix) and then this boot loop problem. From the questions on this forum I can see I'm not the only one with major KeyOne problems. I DO like the Android OS (oh the apps!), but is this what's causing the problem? What on earth is going on here with my beloved BB?

Recommendations for new phone

I don't want to send my current KeyOne in for repair as they'll wipe the data to fix it. Even if I can't get the data off it now, perhaps in future there will be a technology that can do it (I'm holding on to any hope here!). I've had so many problems with it I just want to get an entirely new phone. I absolutely LOVED it (outside of the technical difficulties). I'm so tempted to just get another one and hope it works better. Should I do that, go to a different BB or venture out of BB territory?

Thanks so much for any points in the right direction!
    There is no reason the KEYᵒⁿᵉ should have been any more problem-plagued than any other Android device. Perhaps many of the issues you were having had to do with learning the new platform.

Did you clear the Cached Data every week or two, for instance?

I still recommend the KEYᵒⁿᵉ - best device I ever owned.

On to your problem....

Not knowing what you've already tried, I can't be sure whether your pictures are still there or not.

Recovery is only possible if you DID NOT have a password on the device. If you did, I can't think of any way in.

Are you sure you didn't let Google Photos sync your pictures to the cloud?
    04-26-18 08:51 AM
    Thanks so much for pointing out Google Photos. I've been so busy I didn't even think about it. All my photos are safe and sound there! What a relief. Thanks for your time.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-26-18 10:12 AM
    I caved and just bought another KeyOne on Amazon! I just can't deviate from BB. Thanks again for your help (and validation of my BB love).
    valer466 likes this.
    04-26-18 10:14 AM
    Thanks so much for pointing out Google Photos. I've been so busy I didn't even think about it. All my photos are safe and sound there! What a relief. Thanks for your time.
    I bet if you do a Factory Reset.. and let it restore your data, you'll find very little was lost. Might be a few things.
    04-26-18 10:48 AM
    Phew.
    04-26-18 11:43 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry

Glad to read your photos are safe. Now might be the time to also develop your own backup plans anyway.

May I also ask why you are not claiming a warranty to fix your problem? It should be covered I would think.
    04-26-18 03:11 PM
    Did you use Google Photos, did you allow it to backup to the cloud? Did you use Google Backup?

Most every OEM has issues - can't really say if BBMO has more or not. But regardless that's why most people today use the cloud for backups. You can loose or destroy your phone at any time....

You could probable fix you KEYone boot issues with a Factory Reset, and if you used the built-in backup option get "most" of your data back.

If not... the internal drive is encrypted and not accessible outside of the OS, not saying that 500 years from now they won't have tricorders that could simple scan it read it, but I doubt any time soon you'll have that option.
    Now that I know my pictures are safe I've tried to factory reset by pressing power and vol down and then holding the power for 10 plus seconds as prompted in the menu. It doesn't do anything...it just goes back to the boot loop. How do I factory reset when it's stuck in a boot loop?
    04-27-18 06:21 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry

Glad to read your photos are safe. Now might be the time to also develop your own backup plans anyway.

May I also ask why you are not claiming a warranty to fix your problem? It should be covered I would think.
    I didn't go that route immediately because I just needed a new phone asap. so I ordered a totally new one. I've also had so many dramas with it I just wanted a totally new device. Now that I know my pictures are safe I want to try to fix it myself. I'm trying to do a factory reset from boot loop and not having a lot of luck. If that doesn't work I'll send it in for repair as a back up. Any fixes or options you see here? I won't have a new phone until Monday, so if I could even get my current phone working again it'd bridge the gap. Thanks!
    04-27-18 06:24 AM
    Now that I know my pictures are safe I've tried to factory reset by pressing power and vol down and then holding the power for 10 plus seconds as prompted in the menu. It doesn't do anything...it just goes back to the boot loop. How do I factory reset when it's stuck in a boot loop?
    Use the Mobile Upgrade Tool on your PC.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...2&share_type=t
    04-27-18 06:56 AM
    Use the Mobile Upgrade Tool on your PC.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...2&share_type=t
    I did find some info on Crackberry via Google, but is there an idiots guide to doing this?
    04-27-18 07:08 AM
    I did find some info on Crackberry via Google, but is there an idiots guide to doing this?
    Install it on your PC, put your phone in fastboot mode (from off, hold down power button and down volume), plug in your phone, and run it.
    04-27-18 07:52 AM