Nowadays everybody uses Google Chrome as a web browser. I am interested in whether somebody wants to see BlackBerry OS or BlackBerry 10 browser for its Android devices?
    04-09-18 03:22 AM
    Nope. Plenty of good options out there already. No need to have BB waste money on a hugely crowded segment in the app game
    kbz1960 and Kraeutermann like this.
    04-09-18 03:28 AM
    I know I'll get lynched for this, but the Samsung Browser works pretty well for me on my KeyOne.
    I use the AdGuard extension for blocking ads on it and can't complain.
    I also use Fennec and FireFox Focus (because three browsers are better than one).

Edit: added FOSS Browser to my list lol
    Last edited by jope28; 05-27-18 at 10:25 PM.
    04-09-18 07:07 AM
    Nowadays everybody uses Google Chrome as a web browser. I am interested in whether somebody wants to see BlackBerry OS or BlackBerry 10 browser for its Android devices?
    Keyboard Browser is pretty good - got nearly all the BB10 features including keyboard shortcuts.
    Pistooli, Uglyindian and philan like this.
    04-09-18 09:39 AM
    Nope. Plenty of good options out there already. No need to have BB waste money on a hugely crowded segment in the app game
    /blackberry-android-os-f456/malfunctioning-android-apps-1140436/

/blackberry-android-os-f456/my-phone-my-way-my-privacy-1139104/

Read these links. The second link pages 3 and 4. Then you understand what I mean. There are even move apps acting the same way. I listed aps, which I use.
    04-09-18 12:20 PM
    Maybe in its heyday but now it's too outdated.

Send from my Blackberry Passport somewhere in space.
    05-20-18 01:00 AM
    I also use keyboard browser. I like it and I don't know of any others that use the kb shortcuts
    philan likes this.
    05-20-18 11:33 AM
    I am very happy using the Firefox Focus browser, which is a dedicated private browser, for 90% of my general Web browsing in Android. Then I use my PW manager's secure browser for any service I log into.

Between those two, I can avoid the vast majority of badly behaved Web sites in terms of tracking and other activities I don't want to deal with.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    05-20-18 11:37 AM
    I am very happy using the Firefox Focus browser, which is a dedicated private browser, for 90% of my general Web browsing in Android. Then I use my PW manager's secure browser for any service I log into.

Between those two, I can avoid the vast majority of badly behaved Web sites in terms of tracking and other activities I don't want to deal with.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Same here. I also use the Focus browser after MoNa sites were promoting it last year.
    05-20-18 07:57 PM
    Why need any other when u got chrome for all your needs
    05-25-18 05:54 AM
    try Brave browser. very good on the security side.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-25-18 03:14 PM
    Why need any other when u got chrome for all your needs
    Because Chrome is a battery guzzling hog
    moonflyer and JasonBT like this.
    05-27-18 08:06 AM
    I use Yandex. it has a bottom address bar and you can use opera extensions to assign keyboard shortcuts. it uses Blink engine and based on chromium open source
    Haivu1945 likes this.
    05-28-18 10:29 AM
    I use Yandex. it has a bottom address bar and you can use opera extensions to assign keyboard shortcuts. it uses Blink engine and based on chromium open source
    I'll be blunt.
    1) Yandex is made by Russian company in Russia.
    2) TTBOMK, soon (in a few days or in a month and a few days) there will be in effect the law (called the "Jarovaja law", or something sounding alike) that forces all ISPs (yes, Internet Service Providers) to _broadcast_ ALL Internet traffic to state agencies + STORE ALL TRANSMITTED INFORMATION for 30 days at least and likely even more.
    3) As the browser originates from a country with such a law - guess what can they get feeding that info to Artificial Intelligence.

TL;DR
    Stay away from Yandex as far as you can.
    philan likes this.
    05-29-18 04:52 PM
    I'll be blunt.
    1) Yandex is made by Russian company in Russia.
    2) TTBOMK, soon (in a few days or in a month and a few days) there will be in effect the law (called the "Jarovaja law", or something sounding alike) that forces all ISPs (yes, Internet Service Providers) to _broadcast_ ALL Internet traffic to state agencies + STORE ALL TRANSMITTED INFORMATION for 30 days at least and likely even more.
    3) As the browser originates from a country with such a law - guess what can they get feeding that info to Artificial Intelligence.

TL;DR
    Stay away from Yandex as far as you can.
    T'he Russians can looks at my browsing history if they want. I don't care. The U.S does as do many other countries. If they don't have anything better to do than to spy on my browsing habits then the world must be in a pretty good place.

Yandex is a pretty good browser.

Sent from a Blackkberry Passport somewhere in space.
    05-29-18 08:12 PM
    Lol, Russian state agencies do not spy _personally_ on you. They just do their best utilising available permissions. IMNSHO, they are about to get over the top of those quite soon.

Why do you even bother to look for BlackBerry if your privacy is not a concern for you? Can you please share your incentives?
    05-31-18 05:34 AM
    PKB and Hub for me
    05-31-18 05:37 AM
    Because Chrome is a battery guzzling hog
    Sure chrome takes much more battery than others but I think it has features better than others so if i does use a lil more power....it's fine by me
    07-11-18 10:06 AM
    I'm using Keyboard Browser by Alain Grange since yesterday. Immediately fell in love with it. It is pretty much the BB10 browser on Android. BlackBerry should employ the developer and integrate this browser in the Hub+-Suite or at least pre-install it on KeyOne / Key2-devices.
    07-12-18 02:26 AM
    I know I'll get lynched for this, but the Samsung Browser works pretty well for me on my KeyOne.
    I use the AdGuard extension for blocking ads on it and can't complain.
    I also use Fennec and FireFox Focus (because three browsers are better than one).

Edit: added FOSS Browser to my list lol
    Started using it as soon as I got my Blackberry keyone with Samsung internet. And of course opera
    07-12-18 03:45 AM