Which BB Android has the best Screen on time in hours? Please provide sources with your selection ! and what settings you disabled or edited in adb to get better battery life, screen on time. i.e: is your phone always on battery saver, or are these editing some default settings. Thanks!
    06-22-21 07:48 AM
    Which BB Android has the best Screen on time in hours? Please provide sources with your selection ! and what settings you disabled or edited in adb to get better battery life, screen on time. i.e: is your phone always on battery saver, or are these editing some default settings. Thanks!
    Provide sources?

It was pretty close between the KEY2 and the KEY2 LE.... one was more powerful, but had a larger battery.

Problem today is they are three year old devices.... near the end of the recommended life of these types of batteries, so results will vary from when these were new devices just hitting the market.

Think other factors that on screen time should be your focus.
    06-22-21 08:15 AM
    ive always thought the KEYONE had better screen time than they Key2 or Key2le. with the motion being superior to both, just wondering if theres any tweaks we can perform from adb to increase screen on time, maybe by disabling apps. im a total newbie so idk how to do that.
    06-22-21 10:11 AM
    ive always thought the KEYONE had better screen time than they Key2 or Key2le. with the motion being superior to both, just wondering if theres any tweaks we can perform from adb to increase screen on time, maybe by disabling apps. im a total newbie so idk how to do that.
    Why are you differentiating between battery life and screen on time?

If you are only trying to maximize the latter, given the same conditions, just keep the screen dim.

If you are looking for generic battery life suggestions, then there are tons of resources around. But I think you should just use the device as you wish, and carry a tiny battery pack for the extremely unlikely event that you get stuck away from an outlet.

A QC3 charger tops the battery up quite a bit in a few minutes - I have one at home, in the office, and in the car.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    06-22-21 10:20 AM
    Can start here... https://crackberry.com/how-to-maximi...e-battery-life

Some swear by reducing the animation to .5 in developer settings.

Many also swear by getting rid of the BlackBerry apps and using something more optimized for the launcher and other BB Apps.

For me, just keeping tabs on apps and which ones are using the most power...
    ppeters914 likes this.
    06-22-21 10:34 AM
    Why are you differentiating between battery life and screen on time?

If you are only trying to maximize the latter, given the same conditions, just keep the screen dim.

If you are looking for generic battery life suggestions, then there are tons of resources around. But I think you should just use the device as you wish, and carry a tiny battery pack for the extremely unlikely event that you get stuck away from an outlet.

A QC3 charger tops the battery up quite a bit in a few minutes - I have one at home, in the office, and in the BATMOBILE.
    FTFY and @elfabio80
    06-22-21 12:06 PM
    I bought my BE KeyOne new in January of 2019. I still get 2 day battery life and never worry about it. Much of course depends on how one uses their device. I don't have or utilize any social media apps nor do I have any games on my device. (I do use YouTube and that could be categorized as a form of SM as could this CB Forum app) I utilize NetGuard (Pro) I purchased through GPS originally but deleted and added back through GitHub on advice here to receive all ad blocking features. (the Pro features followed me thankfully) I have 2 of the animations reduced to .5 (Transition animation scale is "off" ) and disable Chrome and use Samsung browser with Duck Duck Go as the search engine with AdBlock.

I use the stock BlackBerry launcher and all the BlackBerry apps as Hub/Inbox are essential for my needs. I also use SD Maid Pro and have it scheduled to automatically run each week. I cannot say enough about this app as it is phenomenal in keeping your apps and device cleaned up. (Clears cache on all apps in one fell swoop as used to be allowed in older Android OS versions) I also utilize the stock Power Center app which is helpful and outside of battery optimization (cannot get to green utilizing NetGuard and SD Maid) all of my categories are green. I utilize One Drive to keep all my documents and photos uploaded to the cloud. *These are only scheduled to sync on Wi-Fi.

My battery health on a test was still @ 92 percent and I don't notice any differences in longevity in usage. I do not ever leave my device on a prolonged charge. I am usually down in @ the high 60's low 70's at the end of a day and top up before crashing out. I have very little battery drain overnight and leave Wi-Fi on. Usually @ 98% in the AM.
    Grungni likes this.
    06-22-21 12:12 PM
    I completely stripped out and disabled every app I could on my Key2 back in the day and the SOT was quite decent. It lasted 2-3 days under normal use.
    07-28-21 07:54 AM