BB10 allowed us to encrypt the SD card using the device password, and to then decrypt it without affecting the files already on the card.

We lost that with android, and now on the Key2 we can't even format it as internal storage using the GUI.

(Key1 on Oreo still has the option).

Blackberry (Or Blackberry Mobile) has dropped the ball on this. I have no idea who is actually in control of this OS now.

Here is a link to Samsung that shows Galaxy devices have the option to encrypt the SD card in what appears to be the same way as BB10.

https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/how-to-encrypt-decrypt-sd-card/

Someone from BB - Please fix this @BlackBerry Mobile @JohnAtBlackBerry @BlackberrySupportTeam

Edit: On an unrelated note Crackberry - I tried to add an HTML link in this post to Samsung, but the forum is converting it into some sort of web tracking link that Ublock Origin is flagging - what is up with that?
    08-11-18 11:19 AM
    BB10 allowed us to encrypt the SD card using the device password, and to then decrypt it without affecting the files already on the card.

We lost that with android, and now on the Key2 we can't even format it as internal storage using the GUI.

(Key1 on Oreo still has the option).

Blackberry (Or Blackberry Mobile) has dropped the ball on this. I have no idea who is actually in control of this OS now.

Here is a link to Samsung that shows Galaxy devices have the option to encrypt the SD card in what appears to be the same way as BB10.

https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/how-to-encrypt-decrypt-sd-card/

Someone from BB - Please fix this @BlackBerry Mobile @JohnAtBlackBerry @BlackberrySupportTeam

Edit: On an unrelated note Crackberry - I tried to add an HTML link in this post to Samsung, but the forum is converting it into some sort of web tracking link that Ublock Origin is flagging - what is up with that?
    I believe this is a known bug that is being worked on already. Hopefully it will be fixed soon. They addressed some of the SD card issues in the first Key2 update but unfortunately not this one.
    08-11-18 11:39 AM
    Hope so too. Would be great if they add SD encryption like Samsung and BB10 has in addition to the standard Android option of making the SD card into internal storage.
    08-11-18 11:42 AM