Hi There: I made the switch from z30 to DTEK50. It was not without issues upgraded and using device switch and having to reconfirg apps and work arounds for password keeper backup, and no BBM message history on restore.

Now that I am on the android BB is there something that I can use to backup the phone and restore if need be? I have had two complete RESETS since I have owned the device. Once b/c i forgot the password and a 2nd time when I restarted the device it reset to factory.

I miss the BB LINK program that seemed to be able to do most of what I need for data, device, app and setting backup.

Thanks
    03-08-17 03:08 PM
    So you don't like Google?

If you sign in with a Google Account, that should be all you need. You can check in the settings to make sure Backup is on. But I was very impressed the first time I did a Factory Reset.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    03-08-17 03:15 PM
    Google backup sucks! You can only do it over wifi, you can't schedule it and it doesn't backup settings.

Bb needs to do a dedicated android backup app.
    03-08-17 03:29 PM
    Google backup sucks! You can only do it over wifi, you can't schedule it and it doesn't backup settings.

Bb needs to do a dedicated android backup app.
    Right, google backup only does email accounts. Password keeper has to manually be saved. Conversation history on BBM doesnt save (even with settings set to save), SMS messages dont save. App settings dont save nor do they get restored to the screen layout you selected.

Are there any other backup/restore options for the android BB phones?
    03-08-17 03:34 PM
    Right, google backup only does email accounts. Password keeper has to manually be saved. Conversation history on BBM doesnt save (even with settings set to save), SMS messages dont save. App settings dont save nor do they get restored to the screen layout you selected.

Are there any other backup/restore options for the android BB phones?
    I have been on Android BlackBerry since Priv. I wish BlackBerry software folks could get us Link for BlackBerry Android so we could backup our devices and sync Contacts to Outlook.
    Coxwain likes this.
    03-08-17 11:24 PM
    There aren't any backup tools for the android phones?

Not good at all. I will continue to avoid installing MaaS360 on my phone till I get some kind of backup.
    03-13-17 04:31 AM
    I have been on Android BlackBerry since Priv. I wish BlackBerry software folks could get us Link for BlackBerry Android so we could backup our devices and sync Contacts to Outlook.
    You can automatically sync and backup your Office Outlook contacts and calendar to your phone through Outlook.com.
    03-18-17 11:48 PM
    There are various separate apps you can install. There is one for sms/call log backup for example. I believe the google backup only stores app info and settings. Emails all repopulate when you login again. Password keeper you can create a backup file on your SD card manually.

Something like link would be great but I used it several times and it never would restore things exactly right. I would lose contacts or music or whatever each time I would do a restore. Sometimes it would create duplicate entries (contacts, music, etc)
    03-21-17 09:07 PM