My Priv downloaded an OS update over cellular data today 1.8gb.
    been on phone with blackberry for 2 hours and they tell me it cant be stopped!
    If this is true ,we will be switching to Apple.
    How can you have a phone that dosent ask if you want to download a 1.8gb file ( OS update) first.
    nothing like driving down the highway and finding out 2 hours later that you have no cell data left!!

Please this cant be correct!!!!
    11-21-16 11:02 PM
    just off it in menu "software update"-options.
    11-21-16 11:29 PM
    As far as I know there is no automatically download update user must press ok if on cellular, unless you on WiFi
    11-22-16 12:34 AM
    Nope. while driving i got a notification that my data limit was reached, on checking the data monitor the phone had downloaded the os update while i was driving. I would of thought the same as you.
    11-22-16 06:09 AM
    Nope. while driving i got a notification that my data limit was reached, on checking the data monitor the phone had downloaded the os update while i was driving. I would of thought the same as you.
    Which carrier are you with? Most carriers don't charge you for the data used to download OS updates (I know VZW doesn't).

Was the notification from the built in Android OS data monitor? Or from the carrier? The data monitor built into android only notifies you when you hit a pre-determined data consumption limit (which you can edit/change). It doesn't differentiate between free data or charged data. You might want to compare your phone's data monitor with your carrier's tally.
    11-24-16 12:00 PM