Every time DST comes along, my appointments move an hour forward or backward.

But I live in Arizona which does NOT have DST. Why does my BlackBerry phone not recognize that I'm in Arizona??

I have to turn off the automatic timezone option & set the timezone manually.

Then I have to check all my appointments, some of which are set months in advance, to see it they're set right.

I usually end up turning on the automatic timezone option again when I travel out of state and forget that I did that until it's DST again.

Seriously, why is this even an issue? Recognizing DST should be a standard phone feature. It is with every other phone OS
    03-08-19 11:02 PM
    DST should be abolished.
    Majority of countries don't recognise it.

Posted via CB10
    Vistaus likes this.
    03-08-19 11:40 PM
    DST should be abolished.
    Majority of countries don't recognise it.

Posted via CB10
    Washington STATE (as opposed to Washington, DC) is considering permanently going with DST and eliminating clock changes. We shall see...
    03-12-19 09:48 AM
    Washington STATE (as opposed to Washington, DC) is considering permanently going with DST and eliminating clock changes. We shall see...
    They should not go for DST! Non-DST is the original time, so they should stick with that. DST is unnatural.
    03-13-19 01:08 PM
    They should not go for DST! Non-DST is the original time, so they should stick with that. DST is unnatural.
    It is all arbitrary. As we discussed in the gym this morning (complaining about the change), Standard time and time zones were pushed by the railroads to avoid massive confusion.

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-...rst-time-zones
    03-13-19 01:14 PM
    DST does do what it says...

But I agree DST isn't what should be the "standard", but like anything... views differ.
    03-13-19 01:45 PM
    Yeah. Personally, I'd prefer to stay with DST permanently. I like still having a bit of daylight after I get home from work. I hate driving home in the dark in winter.
    03-13-19 01:52 PM