Is there any info about aptX support on both KEYone and Motion? The Priv lacks this and Bluetooth-Audio is pretty crappy without it if you're used to the old Q10 that supported it.

Contacted BlackBerry Mobile via Facebook but haven't gotten an answer from them, other than "we don't know".
    02-08-18 12:30 PM
    Many have questioned it on the KEYone, some believe it's just a software issue (maybe Oreo would bring it), some that it's hardware, others that it's a matter of licensing.

Most agree that it's probable not coming, which is probable the same for the Motion (but haven't seen it confirm that it doesn't have it now).
    02-08-18 12:58 PM
    I did find a forum post describing how to verify whether or not it is active with a specific BT connection (via USB debugging). Sadly I lack a device to test this on, or I would try this myself. In case anybody is interested and willing to try, this (German) post describes how...

https://www.android-hilfe.de/forum/s...et.762969.html
    02-08-18 03:57 PM
    I did find a forum post describing how to verify whether or not it is active with a specific BT connection (via USB debugging). Sadly I lack a device to test this on, or I would try this myself. In case anybody is interested and willing to try, this (German) post describes how...

https://www.android-hilfe.de/forum/s...et.762969.html
    If you don't get any takers, might repost in the Motion forums.... don't bother with the KEYone as it's known it doesn't support it.
    02-08-18 04:26 PM
    AptX support is built-in into Oreo and does not require special hardware. It has to be licensed though. I really think that AptX should be enabled given BB Mobile focus on no-nonsense quality. I would certainly appreciate it.
    apt-get and baldy3577 like this.
    02-10-18 05:04 PM
    I agree that aptX should have been standard on the BlackDroids. All of my devices have it except for my Android BlackBerry. For that reason, I bring my trusty old Z30 to the gym. Even the headphone output on the Z30 sounds better with deeper bass (as in I can hear below 45hz vs it seeming to taper off on the DTEK60,) and treble is much clearer also on the Z30. I have to say that the audio through the headphone out on the LG V30 is amazing in comparison as well. BlackBerry needs to step up their game to at least be on par with the competition.
    btau likes this.
    02-23-18 02:24 AM
    Since BB Mobile aims for 3% of the premium market, here is a bit of a rant.

Quality audio is a part of being premium (business focus or not). There are two key parts to it: a) quality headphone out (internal hardware) b) AptX support to take advantage of the quality external hardware.

Speaking about AptX, how much can it cost you in licensing? 10 cents per unit? Charge an extra dollar and make 900% profit. There is no implementation cost, it’s part of Oreo already. If that is still asking too much make it a paid upgrade, sort of like an exFAT driver that has to be installed separately. I will pay to have it on my phone.

Having a quality headphone out is not that costly either and it will go a long way establishing BB in the premium segment since it’s becoming more and more a unique differentiator lately.
    baldy3577 likes this.
    02-26-18 02:18 PM