Can anyone build an app that clears the cache in the bb keyone or similar bb phones.

It's not a big deal for me, now I know what to do, but for my non-crackberrian friends that I told to get the KeyOne, I would like to send them an app that they can run when their phone starts to slow down

So, basically an app the performs a macro of commands.
    02-03-18 05:54 PM
    02-03-18 06:35 PM
    thanks, I will try it out
    02-06-18 07:20 AM
    Can anyone build an app that clears the cache in the bb keyone or similar bb phones.

It's not a big deal for me, now I know what to do, but for my non-crackberrian friends that I told to get the KeyOne, I would like to send them an app that they can run when their phone starts to slow down

going to SETTINGS --> STORAGE --> INTERNAL STORAGE --> CLEAR CACHE doesn't seem very difficult. why waste space downloading another app?
    02-08-18 02:05 PM

Why don't you just tell them the simple process to clear it rather then sending them to an app to download?

Cache cleaner apps, antivirus apps, etc are usually garbage and bog down the phone themselves.
    02-08-18 02:26 PM
    going to SETTINGS --> STORAGE --> INTERNAL STORAGE --> CLEAR CACHE doesn't seem very difficult. why waste space downloading another app?
    Thanks tips
    02-08-18 02:27 PM
    Thanks tips
    Well really though. You're the one asking for an app to do it lol.
    02-08-18 02:29 PM
    Why don't you just tell them the simple process to clear it rather then sending them to an app to download?

Cache cleaner apps, antivirus apps, etc are usually garbage and bog down the phone themselves.
    Agreed, but I find even myself the first few times I had a hard time finding the place to do this.
    So, someone who has never and will never visit crackberry for instance, would be upset by a slow laggy phone, and if they are lucky enough to find someone who has another similar phone to help them once, they may forget the next time
    02-08-18 02:29 PM
    Well really though. You're the one asking for an app to do it lol.
    Right, but must not be a terrible idea since I was pointed to apps that already exist,
    So clearly there is/was a need for it, I just didn't do my research to find a good one, and someone here in the 1st reply was nice enough to point me in the right Direction with CCleaner.
    02-08-18 02:31 PM
    Right, but must not be a terrible idea since I was pointed to apps that already exist,
    So clearly there is/was a need for it, I just didn't do my research to find a good one, and someone here in the 1st reply was nice enough to point me in the right Direction with CCleaner.
    Like I said, most of those apps actually slow down your phone. They are crap.
    02-08-18 02:32 PM
    Agreed, but I find even myself the first few times I had a hard time finding the place to do this.
    So, someone who has never and will never visit crackberry for instance, would be upset by a slow laggy phone, and if they are lucky enough to find someone who has another similar phone to help them once, they may forget the next time
    Your original post was to tell your friends who you encouraged to buy a KEYone. The two steps really aren't that difficult to remember.
    But I do agree the OS should have some built in way for cache to get cleared.
    02-08-18 02:33 PM
    That's how I see it !
    02-08-18 03:03 PM
    This is the same procedure I use with ALL Android devices - it's not special to the KEYᵒⁿᵉ.

I also change the three animation speeds to 0.5x on all Android devices.

I've always wished Android had a setting to automatically clear the cache whenever it exceeds 1GB (or some other personal predefined number).
    farmwersteve likes this.
    02-08-18 04:18 PM
    This is the same procedure I use with ALL Android devices - it's not special to the KEYᵒⁿᵉ.

I've always wished Android had a setting to automatically clear the cache whenever it exceeds 1GB (or some other personal predefined number).
    On Oreo that option no longer exists. I suppose Google wants our cache too (no pun intended).
    02-08-18 05:37 PM
    Edited
    02-09-18 09:03 AM
    On Oreo that option no longer exists. I suppose Google wants our cache too (no pun intended).
    Really? Has to be there somewhere.
    02-09-18 10:00 AM
    Really? Has to be there somewhere.
    On my version of Oreo (8.0 Beta, Essential PH-1) the clear cache option that used to be at Settings/Storage has been replaced with a 'Free up space ' option and a 'Storage Manager' toggle. All either of these seem to do is search your device to help clean up old files. However nothing mentioned about app cache. Therefore it seems it's either clear for each app individually, or a third party app to do this for you after Nougat, unless I missed it somewhere. When you click on 'Files' (which seems to be the closest equivalent to the original cache option) a file manager app pops up.
    02-09-18 10:13 AM
    Cc cleaner
    I remember using that on my Nexus S and hearing from Google that it was going to be baked into Android and unecessary as far back as ICS, how is this still a thing.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-18 01:42 PM