I just saw in the news that Google announced that they will be moving from Android to some Fuchsia OS.

It is promised to be compatible with Android applications in full, so the switch might be the case indeed.

As a decision to support an OS is a big and strategic, can anyone shed some light on what BlackBerry is planning regarding Fuchsia OS?
    04-28-18 05:35 PM
    My guess is we are still a few years from anything definite. Google will have make an official announcement about its release for devices before BlackBerry would probably even be allowed to say anything if they even have a plan for it.
    04-28-18 06:20 PM
    Fuchsia is a long term play, probably Chromebook will go to Fuschia first as moving to a new platform is better done with a lower unit base and Chromebook is not as reliant on Android apps, but it will still be a couple years before that is announced. What BB plans for 5 years from now its not even worth speculating. They don't have a role in Fuchsia development.
    04-28-18 06:29 PM
    Fuchsia is a micro kernel like qnx..certainly all android devices will be on it eventually but it's while off. Google has some more junk food they can throw at us with P , Q, R...etc before fushia happens
    jope28 likes this.
    04-28-18 10:42 PM
    Fuchsia is a micro kernel like qnx..certainly all android devices will be on it eventually but it's while off. Google has some more junk food they can throw at us with P , Q, R...etc before fushia happens
    So you're saying we're going to ZZZZZZ..... Wake me up when Fuscia is here to continue discussion.....
    Carjackd likes this.
    04-29-18 11:05 AM
    So you're saying we're going to ZZZZZZ..... Wake me up when Fuscia is here to continue discussion.....
    Based on some of your posts you need a full time alarm clock
    moonflyer likes this.
    04-29-18 11:06 AM
    So some minor adjustments to the Android core are announced to welcome Fuchsia related tests of all existing Android applications.

And a forecast to make the switch in a few months instead of a couple of years is in the air.

Probably it is time ( not a high one :-) ) to check our belts (the ones we gonna fasten a bit later ;-) ).
    05-05-18 09:15 PM
    Oreo is a big maybe, let alone the Fuchsia pipe dream.
    05-05-18 10:19 PM
    Oreo is a big maybe, let alone the Fuchsia pipe dream.
    That's why I put my question in the OS forum. :-)
    05-07-18 08:47 PM
    Depending on when Fuchsia ever launches, the only likely device (and it's a long stretch) to get the upgrade would be the K2. Since the K2 is launching (or better be) with O, it'll be upgraded to P. I doubt the K1 will ever see P. If anything, it's more likely the K3 will see Fuchsia, unless Android Q and R come around.
    moonflyer likes this.
    05-08-18 11:50 AM
    So some minor adjustments to the Android core are announced to welcome Fuchsia related tests of all existing Android applications.

And a forecast to make the switch in a few months instead of a couple of years is in the air.

Probably it is time ( not a high one :-) ) to check our belts (the ones we gonna fasten a bit later ;-) ).
    Uh, I don't remember seeing anyone claiming that this new OS would be available in a FEW MONTHS. I can't see that, myself.
    This would be a MASSIVE effort.
    05-08-18 05:07 PM