I have finally got my KEYone and gone through all the settings, including contacts, notifications, personal dictionary etc.. Is there any way to backup them easily so that I didn't have to do it all again in case I needed a factory reset someday?
    11-17-17 01:58 PM
    I have finally got my KEYone and gone through all the settings, including contacts, notifications, personal dictionary etc.. Is there any way to backup them easily so that I didn't have to do it all again in case I needed a factory reset someday?
    That is one of the main complaints. There is no full backup routine and some of us still don't know exactly what is backed up and what can be restored.

Any apps you acquire are alway "re-available" My wallpaper was restored. Some settings but no clear on which. Email, etc has to be restored manually.
    11-17-17 05:11 PM
    That is one of the main complaints. There is no full backup routine and some of us still don't know exactly what is backed up and what can be restored.

Any apps you acquire are alway "re-available" My wallpaper was restored. Some settings but no clear on which. Email, etc has to be restored manually.
    Thank you for your answer. How exactly did you get some settings, like the wallpaper, restored? Is there any backup option offered by BlackBerry or Android? Or is it done with some app?
    11-17-17 05:39 PM
    Thank you for your answer. How exactly did you get some settings, like the wallpaper, restored? Is there any backup option offered by BlackBerry or Android? Or is it done with some app?
    By default (if you enable Google Cloud backups) Android backs up Google app settings. Other apps may give you the option of backing up their settings, but many do not.

You can also take screenshots of your settings and use those when manually restoring apps that can't be backed up.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-17-17 05:55 PM
    By default (if you enable Google Cloud backups) Android backs up Google app settings. Other apps may give you the option of backing up their settings, but many do not.

You can also take screenshots of your settings and use those when manually restoring apps that can't be backed up.
    I actually used an app that videos screen actions to grab all of my home screen arrangements and also some of my settings.
    11-17-17 10:17 PM
    I actually used an app that videos screen actions to grab all of my home screen arrangements and also some of my settings.
    Which app is that?
    11-17-17 10:19 PM
    Which app is that?
    AZ Screen recorder.
    eldeadache likes this.
    11-17-17 10:22 PM
    AZ Screen recorder.
    Thanks, I'll take a look at it here on the BC side of the American border.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-17-17 10:40 PM

Oh, now I see. Thanks.

That seems to be a good idea. I'll give it a try.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-18-17 06:25 AM

Hi BlackBerry! Why we need to depend on Google always else being an software giant and unable to provide BlackBerry andiod back up software its shame to BlackBerry! We need BlackBerry come back from basic requirements for the consumers!
    moocan likes this.
    11-20-17 12:39 AM
    I use a software called Mobile Trans by Wondershare that BUs contacts / sms / photos / videos / apps. System settings cannot be saved.
    11-20-17 01:23 AM
    all my system settings transfer no problem from device to device using Google cloud sync. blackberry is the culprit here and has not enabled cloud sync for the launcher settings.
    12-01-17 02:16 AM
    Hi BlackBerry! Why we need to depend on Google always else being an software giant and unable to provide BlackBerry andiod back up software its shame to BlackBerry! We need BlackBerry come back from basic requirements for the consumers!
    Amen! Seriously. Does BlackBerry want to reclaim market share? Being able to backup/clone a handset was part and parcel going back to at least OS 7 days.

The cloud component is something, but we deserve a reliable tool to create encrypted, local backups via WiFi or cable... just like Apple consumers now enjoy. There's no shame in taking a page from someone who is doing an important task/function well.

BlackBerry = productivity = I should never have to be going through hoops to restore my exact configuration should I have to change handsets. Recreate Word Substitution by hand? Not productive.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-02-17 01:56 PM
    Absolutely it's almost 2018 already and we still can't fully clone our handsets on Android.
    FF22 and drpearson like this.
    12-02-17 02:01 PM
    Amen! Seriously. Does BlackBerry want to reclaim market share? Being able to backup/clone a handset was part and parcel going back to at least OS 7 days.

The cloud component is something, but we deserve a reliable tool to create encrypted, local backups via WiFi or cable... just like Apple consumers now enjoy. There's no shame in taking a page from someone who is doing an important task/function well.

BlackBerry = productivity = I should never have to be going through hoops to restore my exact configuration should I have to change handsets. Recreate Word Substitution by hand? Not productive.
    Hello,

I second you.
    Not being able to backup our device offline (even contacts, sms, settings, ...) is a shame ....
    For pseudo security reasons (in fact commercials reason) only google cloud is allowed to make real backup of our non-rooted device ... it's just a joke !

IMO, we need a solution to backup our device as it was possible with BBOS.

Kr,
    Moo
    drpearson and FF22 like this.
    12-06-17 11:11 AM
    Hate to say it but this is where APPLE KICKS android butt. Upgraded my iPad Pro and within a few minutes after logging in with my Apple ID, the new device looked exactly like the old device it replaced.

Now that is damn impressive. Why can’t android do this? No explanation will ever suffice. Just copy Apple on this already.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-10-17 02:27 AM
    Hate to say it but this is where APPLE KICKS android butt. Upgraded my iPad Pro and within a few minutes after logging in with my Apple ID, the new device looked exactly like the old device it replaced.

Now that is damn impressive. Why can’t android do this? No explanation will ever suffice. Just copy Apple on this already.
    I know nothing about Apple but the absence of a complete backup and restore procedure is definitely a sore point for many of us. And as you suggest excuses that it does most, much or a substantial restore is inadequate. It still should not take so much effort and there should, at least, be clear guidance about what is backed up and restored. This "take your chances" is inexcusable.
    12-10-17 09:15 AM

I know nothing about Apple but the absence of a complete backup and restore procedure is definitely a sore point for many of us. And as you suggest excuses that it does most, much or a substantial restore is inadequate. It still should not take so much effort and there should, at least, be clear guidance about what is backed up and restored. This "take your chances" is inexcusable.
    WT44 likes this.
    12-10-17 09:15 AM