I just did the August update, and i'm still having problems with not getting notifications from my apps. Has anyone figured out a solution or workaround? Pretty ridiculous that this has been broken for two months now, and BB hasn't put out a fix.
    08-22-17 02:51 AM
    no fix as of yet
    08-22-17 05:06 AM
    I just did the August update, and i'm still having problems with not getting notifications from my apps. Has anyone figured out a solution or workaround? Pretty ridiculous that this has been broken for two months now, and BB hasn't put out a fix.

Dear,
    I tried the settings change recommended in the below link.

Please try it and let me know if it work with you.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...hough-1118587/
    c_mcivor likes this.
    08-22-17 05:59 AM
    Thanks for the tip, but that didn't fix it.
    08-23-17 12:40 AM
    Can confirm I'm still not getting notifications from any social apps :/

I've also discovered that a lot of the apps showing video/photos - are not auto adjusting to the KeyOne's resolution... Anyone else experiencing that or have a fix?
    eylee likes this.
    08-23-17 02:54 AM
    Since August update, BBM now emits the new message alert and the light flashes blue when no new message has come in. The only way I can clear the flashing light is to swipe down from top, it displays whatever the last BBM message was that I read and replied to and I tap it. The light stops blinking then.
    08-23-17 06:03 PM
    Coming from BB10, the notifications on this KeyOne are horrible. I too have the mystery flash and red dot notification on the app icon (BBM, Whatsapp) after I've read and usually acknowledged the last message received.
    08-30-17 11:00 AM
    Trying this fix, will report back..on current software for 100-1 model on T-Mobile.
    08-30-17 12:08 PM
    Trying this fix, will report back..on current software for 100-1 model on T-Mobile.
    There is no "fixing" this. Only BlackBerry can do that with an update.
    08-30-17 12:15 PM
    What fix are you suggesting?
    08-30-17 12:15 PM
    There is no "fixing" this. Only BlackBerry can do that with an update.
    Can confirm LinkedIn notifications now work without app running in the background.
    08-30-17 12:20 PM
    Can confirm LinkedIn notifications now work without app running in the background.
    Changing network states will result in a burst of notifications. This does not address the issue.
    08-30-17 12:31 PM
    Changing network states will result in a burst of notifications. This does not address the issue.
    I suppose time will tell, will continue to report findings here.
    08-30-17 12:32 PM
    me neither. haven't had a single update. notifications worked for one week. I would like to return/exchange phone. can't take it.
    08-30-17 03:37 PM
    This should be made sticky.
    Too much people hoping for workarounds, solutions.

When the only solution will be from Blackberry with a software update.

Poor conite always repeating that...
    08-31-17 09:08 AM
    My push notifications for viber and telegram stopped arriving yesterday. Same thing as everyone, I get them only if the apps are in the memory. Don't know what triggered this, there was no update for the phone or apps.
    09-03-17 12:50 AM
    So my alarm clocks stopped working as the NATIVE clock app is closing in the background at this point... lol. Funny but very very very sad....

I tweeted about... BlackBerry Mobile got back to me quick and "confidently" - they said they knew what the issue was and to resolve it I had to simply clear the cache for that app...

After a solid 5 seconds of laughter at the stupidity in the response I received (stupidity because both BlackBerry Mobile and myself know confidently that clearing the cache is NOT going to resolve the issue, and they know exactly what it is), I explained that clearing the cache would not work as I have tried this and that it is related to their background applications closing aggressively issue.

After providing that information, the support person on BBMobile handling Twitter officially said the only solution at this time is to keep the application open, and not close out the application. I replied back confirming if he/she was asking me to keep the clock application open in order to receive my alarm clocks and have the correct time displayed. .. He said YES.

To cope, I have to set the alarm clock on an inactive phone and use that as an alarm clock as the KeyOne has no reliability on getting any notifications including simple out of the box alarms... Sad Sad Sad Sad to have to deal with this in 2017...

Who remembers when BlackBerry used to receive push notifications?? lol..
    09-05-17 10:04 AM
    so, still better not to buy the keyone yet. gonna end up up as an xmas pressie at this rate!!!
    09-05-17 11:54 AM