Hello CB faithful!

Ive really been getting into wearables as of late and am curious for some input from others as to their experience receiving BBM notifications on their smart watches. In my experience, BBM notifications work the best on Android Wear watches (I have the Nixon Mission). BBM notifications also seem to work well on the Ticwear OS (I got the Ticwatch 2 for Christmas and am happy with it so far).

Where I havent had much luck is with the Garmin Fenix 3. For some reason I dont get any BBM notifications with that watch. Im about to return but am curious to know if anyone got it working on theirs before sending it back.

I also had the Samsung Gear S3 for 24 hours but returned it because I was crazy with the design. However I'm willing to give it a second shot but only if BBM notifications work well on it (I never paired the S3 to my Blackberry when I had it).

Any other smartwatch aficionados out there with feedback on which smartwatch OS's do th best job with BBM notifications?

Btw, I'm pairing these watches to my DTEK60.

Thanks!
    12-31-16 11:50 PM
    I'm a fenix 3hr fan. I recently returned to BB from IOS. Getting used to Android.

I do not use BBM much, no associates with BB. However, all messages do come through when Garmin connect is running on Dtek60. Regular text messages notify when garmin connect is not running also. As long as Dtek is connect to Fenix all things work well. Assuming BBM is proprietary, thus may not be recognized by Fenix???

So far happy with the pair of devices working in concert!
    01-01-17 06:48 PM
    Thanks for sharing your experience! I loved my Fenix 3 HR but no BBM is a deal breaker for me.
    01-01-17 09:26 PM
    Go into your Garmin Connect app, go to settings, then smart notifications, then click "add" under their vertical three dot menu in the upper right, then choose BBM and put it into whatever category you like (I use social) and then you should always get your BBMs. I have a vivoactive and vivoactive HR. If you haven't already tried that I hope it works, if you have I'm useless from here haha
    01-02-17 10:31 AM
    Thanks for sharing your experience! I loved my Fenix 3 HR but no BBM is a deal breaker for me.
    BBM messages come through just fine on the fenix 3. As mentioned above you just need to enable it.
    01-03-17 02:29 PM
    BBM messages come through just fine on the fenix 3. As mentioned above you just need to enable it.
    Boy, I wish I read this before returning it. I kind of remember going through loads of setting screens in the Garmin app and not seeing BBM as an option to enable/disable. Maybe I didn't dig deep enough?

I have since purchased the Casio WSD-F10 to get my fix for a black chunky gshock style smartwatch (due to arrive this Thursday!). A lot of the reviews have been mixed so far but I'm willing to give it a go for a couple of weeks to see how it fares.
    01-04-17 12:01 AM
    Go into your Garmin Connect app, go to settings, then smart notifications, then click "add" under their vertical three dot menu in the upper right, then choose BBM and put it into whatever category you like (I use social) and then you should always get your BBMs. I have a vivoactive and vivoactive HR. If you haven't already tried that I hope it works, if you have I'm useless from here haha
    Oh man! I might have to go back to best buy and buy the Fenix again! Argh!
    01-04-17 12:02 AM
    Oh man! I might have to go back to best buy and buy the Fenix again! Argh!
    Lol always the case right, that's why procrastination is my moto. It took me some times to figure everything out too. But I'm glad I kept my Garmin.
    01-06-17 02:48 PM
    Lol always the case right, that's why procrastination is my moto. It took me some times to figure everything out too. But I'm glad I kept my Garmin.
    So my flip flopping got the best of me and the Best Buy sale for the Fenix 3 HR ended. I couldn't justify paying $800 CDN for it (the Boxing Sale price was $550 CDN before it ended) so decided to give the Gear S3 another go since Best Buy still had it on sale for $400 CDN (regular price is $480 CDN).

BBM works great on the Gear S3, however I found another gap that I forgot I needed. It won't show any of my work notifications through my Android for Work profile. So back into it's packaging it went and back to the Best Buy returns department.

I think moving forward, I'm going to stick with Android Wear watches as I know that every notification I get on my DTEK60, I'll get on the watch (BBM and Android for Wear notifications are must haves). Ticwatches are good to go as well since that OS is built on Android.

Thanks for all the input and hoping that 2017 is a big comeback year for smart watches!
    01-09-17 01:44 PM